Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Is Anduin really still a child? According to wowwiki he was about 15 during Cataclysm. I don't know how much time there is between Cataclysm and Pandaria from a lore point of view but given he might be 17 or even 18 I wouldn't call him a child anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    But yeah, I don't really know why Horde players don't like Garrosh. I'm glad he's making the Horde seem like the Horde should. I'd think if people went into the game wanting to be or be led by a peaceful good guy, they'd have rolled Alliance in the first place. Actually, I'd think they wouldn't play a game called Warcraft. I don't guess I have anything against Anduin (at least no more than any other Alliance) but I'd be fine with Garrosh killing him. War should have casualties. The only way I'd start to hate Garrosh is if he killed Sylvanas or Thrall (or maybe Saurfang) unprovoked. He can kill any Alliance he wants, though. Alliance players should hate the Horde leader, Horde players shouldn't.
    The problem is that Garrosh is more or less stereotypical to a migraine inducing level, and has been since the start of Cata. In fact, the only truly interesting aspect he shows is in Stonetalon.

I realize that the two sides are supposed to really hate each other, but the whole "me orc, me make war!" thing is ... well, it could be done a bit better. Maybe it gets more interesting in MoP, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, taking your enemies kin hostage is useful, killing them is an entirely idiotic thing to do unless you've already won because all it does is make them want to destroy you more
    Yes, it makes them angry enough to do something stupid, and play right into the aggressors plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Is Anduin really still a child? According to wowwiki he was about 15 during Cataclysm. I don't know how much time there is between Cataclysm and Pandaria from a lore point of view but given he might be 17 or even 18 I wouldn't call him a child anymore.
    hes 14 according to tides of war

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Yes, it makes them angry enough to do something stupid, and play right into the aggressors plan.
    that implys someone like garrosh has a plan other then smashing things
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Jaina*
    There is no place where someone aged 24 is called a minor. Not a single one. If you know one, please, write it down. Because for SOME reason (there are none) you haven't written any examples down.
    Anduin is a child.
    Interestingly enough, you consider that there are places where a 15 year old can be called an Adult, wich is exactly the fact i'm trying to point out here. In Warcraft's Universe, if someone is ready for battle, they'll be on the battle. That's what happened since the dawn of mankind, and it shouldn't be different in WoW. Teens were usuallt used in battle.
    Actually, Anduin should be around the same age as Achilles during the siege of Troy.

Anduin is not a teenager anymore, let alone a child.
    He was 10 years old 8 years ago, when WoW was launched.

His model in game doesn't seem very childlike either.

Oh, and by the way, the age of consent in Acre - BR, is 24 years old, if the "child" is not married.
    Last edited by Drumlord; 2012-10-13 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Well my first instinct is to respond by saying I'm rabidly anti-atheist, but I'm sure I'd get infracted while you two won't.
    So, you're against people who just don't have a belief in something you do, who don't have different rituals, but have none, who are not acting in an evil way under the guidance of an ancient set of laws, but rather take responsibility and act on their own? You will never hear an atheist (and this is a hypothetical argument), if he's murdered an abortion doctor or committed any other crime that is illegal in modern society, but can be interpreted in scripture as "just" say "god made me do it". He will say: "I did it". Which one is the more moral? Which one is the coward?

Wow. Just wow. I rest my case.

Honor and Bravery don't help you to win the War, Garrosh know this, I don't like his personallity but some times I must agree with him...So, who cares, just kill Anduin and bring the victory For The Horde o/
    Last edited by Ikkarus; 2012-10-13 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlord View Post
    Interestingly enough, you consider that there are places where a 15 year old can be called an Adult, wich is exactly the fact i'm trying to point out here.
    Alduin is not a teenager anymore, let alone a child.
    He was 10 years old 8 years ago, when WoW was launched.

His model in game doesn't seem very childlike either.

Oh, and by the way, the age of consent in Acre - BR is 24 years old, if the "child" is not married.
    anduin is 14 real time does not = wow time
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    It's a spoiler, don't talk about it so freely. Use spoiler tags and change the title.
    Ive never seen so many whiny bitches in the same place at the same time. Go play barneys grand adventure and stop reading WoW fourms if you dont wanna hear about WoW stuff

Please don't bring religion into a thread like this...

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't see how killing Anduin is actually a good move. Capturing him would be INCREDIBLY useful. Killing him? Not so much.

What does he gain from killing him? Absolutely nothing. All it does is piss of the Alliance, which is not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Garrosh gets all pisses when other members of the Horde kill children, now here he is doing it himself. Horde dominates the Alliance yet again, not even fucking surprised anymore.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Wow, some veeeery dim people in here. He's not saying 'hurr kill all teh kids, i liek killin kids'. He's saying that it's a very effective wartime tactic. Jesus, common sense, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Yes, Garrosh, the mighty child murderer.

I guess his next act will be to set the Stormwind Orphanage on fire for the glory of the horde? I'm an Alliance player, but I used to actually like the Horde. With this act, Garrosh has pretty much thrown the Horde back to the Old days. All they need to do is drink a big ol' mug of demon juice and it'll be as if Gul'dan was in charge again.
    Is Anduin not supposed to be like 18 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Honestly, I don't see how killing Anduin is actually a good move. Capturing him would be INCREDIBLY useful. Killing him? Not so much.

What does he gain from killing him? Absolutely nothing. All it does is piss of the Alliance, which is not good.
    exactly, capturing anduin wouldve given garrosh a bargaining chip, killing him makes all of anduins friends angry including some hordies like baine and vol'jin

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Is Anduin not supposed to be like 18 years old?
    anduin is 14

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    exactly, capturing anduin wouldve given garrosh a bargaining chip, killing him makes all of anduins friends angry including some hordies like baine and vol'jin
    Bargaining chip? Yeeeaahhh, I don't see that happening, and even then, what is there to bargain for? And as for pissing people off, well, the Alliance as a whole already hates him as does Baine for killing his father and Vol'jin because Vol'jin is cool like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly i agree having a hostage greatly increases your chances of a surrender or atleast the Alliance would be hesitant to attack key Horde locations due to said hostage

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Please don't bring religion into a thread like this...

The example given was relevant to the original poster's comment. It was not directed at him directly, but the majority in society that are "just fine" with seeing killing kids as moral under certain circumstances. Like the recent 14-year old Pakistani girl who was shot for wanting equal education rights for women. So, yeah, it is relevant when 1/2 the goddam world is nuts and people are condemning the morality of killing a kid in a computer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    There. Is. No. Such. Thing. As. A. War. Crime. In. Azeroth. It. Is. Something. We. Have. In. Our. World. Not. Azeroth.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Yes, Garrosh, the mighty child murderer.

I guess his next act will be to set the Stormwind Orphanage on fire for the glory of the horde? I'm an Alliance player, but I used to actually like the Horde. With this act, Garrosh has pretty much thrown the Horde back to the Old days. All they need to do is drink a big ol' mug of demon juice and it'll be as if Gul'dan was in charge again.
    Last time I checked Anduin was old enough to carry a sword. I don't understand how people mix up today, and what is essentially midevil
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.