Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's the # of RIFT subs?

Does anyone know? I'm just curious. I am sure it will explode when SL is released. I am loving this game so far, I would just like to see some numbers.

7,000,000,000. Give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    7,000,000,000. Give or take.
    Rofl, yep 7 billion subs!
    Btw OP, I thought you banner said Klingon. o.O
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-10-18 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    7 billion?
    Give or take. Hard to tell for sure.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Over 9000.

As a serious guess I'd say between 800k and 2 mill, a solid number for an MMO as long as EA isn't involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Over 9000.

As a serious guess I'd say between 800k and 2 mill, a solid number for an MMO as long as EA isn't involved.
    If EA and Trion joined...I'd died. But I'd quit Rift first.

hmm, 800k sounds really high. That would make it easily the second most subbed game in north america/europe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That would make it easily the second most subbed game in north america/europe
    You forget Rift has also launched in Russia where they have their own servers and locale

It's running in South Korea and i think Taiwan as well, not sure about mainland China, i know it's planned if not done, so 800k is not too high a number if you count subs world wide, like another popular MMO instead of counting just NA/EU subs

More like 400k at most, I think. Server aren't exactly empty but not nearly as brimming as say Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft.

However, I did notice that over time the Rift servers I played on had FAR more people in any given zone than SWTOR. In SWTOR there were some planets where there was like, 9 people in total playing. Some days on the fleet there was scarcely 100 people. So weird.

400k seems about the peak for Rift to me.

I'd be kind of interested to see how well it's doing in Asia. Except for one notable exception, western made mmos don't do very well there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Server aren't exactly empty but not nearly as brimming as say Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft
    The server capacities have been upgraded and increased twice now already, on my shard Icewatch it's absolutely stuffed with people at nearly all times of the day, yet never shows above 'Medium', so either the capacity is huge or the shard status thing is borked

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I counted there was. 37.6 million playing...... To be honest no idea there are tons of people regardless of time of day. World events at 3:00am in the morning on my PVE server are packed.

Everything high or low is speculation since they don't have to report subs or earnings.

I suspect what Fencers says about GW2 is correct but I think GW2 will go through a "churn" of players. The box price and no sub fee is attractive but the stay power for PVEers is weak at least for me so don't take that as fact. PVPers are probably happier not sure.

SWTOR I've not visited since the first 30 days so I've got nothing to say on that.

Deleted
    Honestly it doesn't matter as long as they have enough to keep doing what they are doing now, making a great game and enjoying it at the same time

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 05:48 PM ----------

Also people seem to think a shard is dead when they get to the main city and there are only 40 people there, have had a lot recently that post in general and have to tell them that people are actually out and about doing things

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I love about Rift, it's not about HOW MANY people are playing, it's about the fact that they ARE and they are having FUN.

Because that's right, we have fucking fun and we don't bitch about the game, the amount of bitchers about Rift is like a 1:10 ratio in comparison to certain other MMOs. And yes - MMOs as in plural. More than one other exist.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    They hit 1 million units sold on July 11th but other than that I can't find any published numbers on their website. Trion worlds is a private company so they aren't obligated to release this info. =(

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They hit 1 million units sold on July 11th but other than that I can't find any published numbers on their website. Trion worlds is a private company so they aren't obligated to release this info. =(
    I want them to stay private for this reason alone, otherwise all the WoW fanbois will come and be like, "LOL SEE!!! RIFT ISN'T AS GOOD BECAUSE LESS PEOPLE PLAY IT!!!"

No... that's not it at all. Shit.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Because that's right, we have fucking fun and we dont bitch about the game, a 1:10 ratio in compariso no.
    Except puremallace who bitches about having fun ')

I'm going to toss this out as a general warning. Let's leave the attacks on other posters out of these forums. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-10-18 at 05:17 PM.

between 1 and 7 trillion.

Assuming the earth isn't hollow and filled with an advanced alien race.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Assuming the earth isn't hollow and filled with an advanced alien race.
    It is. They're called the Trion...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    It is. They're called the Trion...
    My god... Its full of developers.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -