Some gara'jal questions

We did a few pulls on this boss yesterday and its clear its going to be pretty tight on the enrage for us. This got me to wondering about options for sending people to the spirit realm.

I was just wondering if people have answers to a few questions:
    1) I understand that 5 people can be in the spirit realm at once. Is it feasible to skip the first totem and then send 5 people in at once by using totems 1+2 at the same time? (4 dps and 1 healer)
    2) Damage at the start seems quite light, do adds in the spirit realm spawn at consistent intervals or does the spawn time shorten the longer the fight lasts?
    3) Do I understand the buff correctly. The more heals you receive, the more stacks you get? The buff starts ticking from the first heal you receive so if you recieve a heal the instant you enter the spirit realm and proceed to kill adds for 29.9 seconds and leave there will be no buff left to use on the boss?
    4) Is the buff awesome or meh? (I'm a tank!) ie is the lost time on the boss worth the buff you get or is it better to just leave totems be if the adds are under control?

Answers and advice would be appreciated, it would help me tweak an approach.

Hey...we killed it on like 5th pull and didnt really care about the buff the spirit realm gives. We had 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 dps. We sent some players down on every totem, but they went up as soon as they were healed and we only killed the adds inside once every 3rd totem or so... Tanks can help a lot with deeps on the adds inside. Also someone said its not more heals you recieve but bigger heals you recieved, so basically our resto shamans were spamming only GHW while inside... Hope this will help ya a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Hey...we killed it on like 5th pull and didnt really care about the buff the spirit realm gives. We had 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 dps. We sent some players down on every totem, but they went up as soon as they were healed and we only killed the adds inside once every 3rd totem or so... Tanks can help a lot with deeps on the adds inside. Also someone said its not more heals you recieve but bigger heals you recieved, so basically our resto shamans were spamming only GHW while inside... Hope this will help ya a bit...
    This is incorrect. It was like that in beta, but now its number of heals received(instant casts only give 1 stack, cast time ones give 2)
    On our kill we sent 2 DPS and a healer down every time, the DPS that was worst at handling adds(usually melee) went up as soon as he got full health, while the DoT/AoE class and the healer stayed down until the timer almost ran out.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    This is incorrect. It was like that in beta, but now its number of heals received(instant casts only give 1 stack, cast time ones give 2)
    On our kill we sent 2 DPS and a healer down every time, the DPS that was worst at handling adds(usually melee) went up as soon as he got full health, while the DoT/AoE class and the healer stayed down until the timer almost ran out.
    Aha, sorry for false info, didnt know this. Anyways, it worked for us well, when had tanks helping with the adds once they are banished and dps going up asap on first 2 totems. Most of the adds were killed by our shadow priest cos halo works there like magic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    This is also incorrect, or has been changed. Lay on Hands on myself as a Protection Paladin gives me a full 22%. It's either based on % of health healed (so, you get healed and overhealed by that 20% gives a full 22% stack) or it's a specific value based, and I'm estimating ~20k heal = 1% from my LoH.

It'd be great to hear from someone testing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    This is also incorrect, or has been changed. Lay on Hands on myself as a Protection Paladin gives me a full 22%. It's either based on % of health healed (so, you get healed and overhealed by that 20% gives a full 22% stack) or it's a specific value based, and I'm estimating ~20k heal = 1% from my LoH.

It'd be great to hear from someone testing this!
    Have the same question

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest question is exactly how the buff works.

Does it give a haste and mana regen buff of 1% per stack?
    Does the size of the heal matter?
    Which heals give stacks and which don't? i.e. do hots give stacks at all, do casted heals give more stacks?