Question regarding hit for heroics

Hello there,

i am a little confused in regards to hit % needed for MoP heroics.

Yesterday i started running heroics and as far as i know the hit needed for it is 7.5 % (in the character sheet it tells me i have 0% chance to miss even the lvl 93 mobs). I had 7.85% or more at all times during the runs, however, i noticed that Frost Bomb kept missing on some of the bosses.

How could this be? Is Frost Bomb using some sort of different mechanic for hit? I did not miss any other spells, only Frost Bomb.

I don't recall all the bosses i had misses on, but one of them was Wise Mari (the first boss in Temple of Jade Serpent). I looked at his abilities and he does not have any reduced hit spells or debuffs. Also, i had a miss on Wing Leader Ner'onok (last boss in Siege of Niuzao Temple) this boss doesn't have any debuffs either. I had few more missed on other bosses, too, but i don't recall which ones exactly.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thanks

Edit: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eam/Bba/simple

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    According to maxpds.com as a mage or a ranged class your hit needs to be 15% not 7.5.

In Cataclysm and before Melee hit and ranged hit have always been different. In cata it was 8/17% for melee/ranged.

So if you only have 7.85% as ranged it's way too low.

Which hit are you looking at? - I believe even as a mage you have a "melee" hit and a ranged and a spell hit. These are different.

It's 12% iirc. This changed with the 17%->15% hit change for raids. It never was 7.5% I think, it was 6%. But yea, it's 12% or 4080 hit rating.

E: You must be looking at melee hit when you see that you have 0% chance to miss, look under Spell.

lol, i think i just massively derped

i think i might have been looking at the wrong hit tab then (cause when i hover over it it says 0% chance to miss)

however, the strange thing is i only missed Frost Orbs and nothing else, even though i put out maybe 2-3 times more ice lances and frost bolts..

You were probably looking at the melee hit tab

Just to clear it up for anyone that's not sure

For 5 man heroics (bosses are level 92) the spell hit cap is 12% or 4080 rating.
    For raids (bosses are "boss" level - 3 levels above you) the spell hit cap is 15% or 5100 rating.

Spell hit can be gained by acquiring either hit rating or expertise rating. Expertise and hit operate at a direct 1:1 ratio. You could get 5000 expertise and 100 hit, or 2500 expertise and 2600 hit, or 0 expertise and 5100 hit and be hit capped.

Draenei still have a personal 1% hit rating, so can drop all values by 1% (340 rating).