Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

level 91? Would It be interesting?

I personally think that a level 91 should be added to the game, as well as in the next expansion a level 96 should be added, and so on and so forth:

Why?

I THINK that if you have become SO, SO well accomplished say: with factions such as the Black Prince? (maybe make rep gains with the black prince another 25x harder, maybe?) That you SHOULD have the opportunity to have an early advance to the next level of play, possibly linked up to some very complicated and incredibly difficult quests and scenarios, POSSIBLY within the difficulty level of trying to solo a level 90 Heroic, at level 90.

Mounts? Sure, they show you how well you're doing dungeon wise/daily wise.

Titles? Sure too, keep them, they show that you're competent! you're a deadly slayer of foes!

A LEVEL ABOVE YOUR COMPETITION? Insanely awesome, insane.

I'm not saying this should be given out freely to every noob, I'm talking about - even at the end of Pandaria, and the lead up to the next expansion, this, one ability will be SO INSANELY HARD TO ACCOMPLISH, that only the VERY best will EVER accomplish it.

Obviously, this comes with a few benefits, level 91 wouldn't give you a huge, INSANE rise in your abilities, It would Instead lock some one of a kind armor sets, similar to the challenge dungeon sets, maybe a permanent height increase? Maybe some honor-guards that will always follow you around? Some really, insanely amazing shit. Custom responses when guards see you (See ashbringer SM reactions) Maybe EVEN an elite plate for your character!

In pvp you would be downgraded to level 90, In raids you would be allowed to keep your level 91 status, and custom armor obviously, but no real bonuses above what you already possess.

Think guild perks, except only for you, all the time - on top of guild perks.

What's your opinion on this?

Well, what constitutes the worthiness of the player behind this level? Do you get XP from raids, bosses, specific server-first kills maybe? If you earn XP from dailies, then count me out.

The problem with something like that is taht it would either need to be really difficult, which is pretty much impossible to balance with all 11 classes/ (you mentioned soloing dungeons, if you want to make that doable for every class, you'd need to make it really easy for blood DK's) or it'll turn into a massive grindfest to get all the XP you need, which isn't a whole lot of fun for most people. I'm not sure how else you would do it...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Terrible idea, it would just be the new cap theres no point your just saying lets make it harder to cap.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Nope, being level 91 while gear is lvl 90 means u will have less stats on everything than a fully geared lvl 90 player (ie more hit rating / expertise rating etc)

I think the cool think would be if they ever added individual levels in major content patches within an expansion. Imagine if patch 5.2 added an entire new zone specifically for current level 90 players. Within that zone is a storyline experienced through quests and scenarios that leads you to new content upon reaching level 91. After reaching level 91 you have new heroics, dailies, reputations to enjoy.

Something like that would be a ton of work for the Blizzard developers, and some players would think it nothing more than another "grind" to be completed, but I personally think it would be awesome as all get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh i dont really see this working out =/
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

you....you mean like paragon levels? [onyxiavwipevoice] fuuuuuckkkkk [/onyxiawipevoice]

except they're worse because they offer only a cosmetic or e-peen benefit? do you really want people beating themselves off over how great they are harder than they already do?

"LFM RBGS 91s ONLY - NO 90 SCRUBS BE DEDICATED 2 UR CHAR OR NO REPLY"

smile!! Hearts loves you!!

Then everyone would feel it was absolutely vital to reach level 91, which would cause everyone to quit doing what they are doing and do whatever it takes to get 91, which would cause mass outrage at Blizzard for making it too challenging, so the difficulty would get nerfed to shreds, then everyone would be level 91, it wouldn't mean anything, people would go complain that getting to 91 is too easy, and then we'd be back where we started.

The irony is that, for example, jumping from level 85 to 86 was a step back for people in top end 85 gear. All your combat ratings get watered down the moment you ding. so instead of needing 50 hit for +1%, you need 55 for 1%, etc.

Really, If you want a symbol of "elite" status as a dedicated raider, get a legendary weapon.

Dig up a parse between two similarily geared mages with and without the legendary, the difference is pretty significant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Well, what constitutes the worthiness of the player behind this level? Do you get XP from raids, bosses, specific server-first kills maybe? If you earn XP from dailies, then count me out.
    You would gain the right to automatically level up to 91 after completing an enormous array of very, very difficult but engaging quests similar to the Black Prince storyline, each task would be harder, and harder..but fun. Like having, literally a fist-fight with garrosh and you kicking his ass.

You would gain the right to be a badass, you would act like a very powerful right hand on either Varian or Garrosh, maybe - exclusive - dailies aside from this, after completing some of the many difficult quests that reward extra gold, the DING! itself would be rewarded..

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have always loved the idea of being able to gain the elite portrait, by class specific quests that are insanely hard and can only be done by properly using all abilites at your disposal, but it would be something too hard to implement

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just leave this here for you to ponder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

Deleted
    I don't think most of you get me! I'd want this to be something INSANE, this is going to be one 91 per server, tops... this isn't going to be anywhere CLOSE to EVEN 10 of these guys walking around.

I'd say, once someone reaches this pinnacle, there's huge server side celebration, even a cinematic featuring the guy/girl.

The quest chain locks for everyone else after the 91 has been crowned. Would be crazy if this shit got you temporary alliance/horde neutrality until the next expansion too.
    Last edited by mmoc804ab39135; 2012-10-18 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Adding on.

*Looks back at Lineage 2*

NOPE.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by Haushan View Post
    I don't think most of you get me! I'd want this to be something INSANE, this is going to be one 91 per server, tops... this isn't going to be anywhere CLOSE to EVEN 10 of these guys walking around.
    ok are you going to be programming this yourself fo free? because the last like five years of development on this game have been dedicated to the exact opposite as far as individual player progression goals go.

i think you're better off building us all a time machine to 1998 so we can go back to ultima online when it first came out and play a game that was actually meant to be hard.

wow took the 'conveyor belt' model of MMO gameplay in EverQuest and slowly removed all the hard parts while still making it take up shitloads of time to play. pretty brilliant honestly.

smile!! Hearts loves you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandin View Post
    I think the cool think would be if they ever added individual levels in major content patches within an expansion. Imagine if patch 5.2 added an entire new zone specifically for current level 90 players. Within that zone is a storyline experienced through quests and scenarios that leads you to new content upon reaching level 91. After reaching level 91 you have new heroics, dailies, reputations to enjoy.

Something like that would be a ton of work for the Blizzard developers, and some players would think it nothing more than another "grind" to be completed, but I personally think it would be awesome as all get out.
    It is called an expansion. We have just had one. It is unlikely Blizz will start on 1 that only gives you one more level quite so fast

It'd be completely mandatory! Heroic guilds would grind it out. And whats the point if only 10 people can do it? They spend days/weeks/months? developing this special chain of events... and for what? 10 people? Thats a waste of development time. You know why LFR exists? To justify the development time of raids. Previously only a tiny amount of the WoW population did raiding. LFR (and even certain Wotlk raids) made that number shoot up. Everyone can participate in raids with so the development time is now worth the time.

We're not all paying $$$ to fund them to make something only 10 people can accomplish.

Deleted
    I think it is a great idea. I would perhaps come back to WoW. Like in the old days, when you admired people with the "cool" gear. Not like now, when everyone can obtain some of the best gear so easy. It took somewhat more skill in Vanilla/early TBC.
    So i think it is a great idea, that you may feel you actually accomplished something, rather than now, where everyone is totally equal. It is only because of your guilds name and server rank, that you may be something.

If the only benefits are cosmetic why even add an extra level?
    If the benefits are not cosmetic this is exactly the same as being level 90 but with a different number
    This is an absolutely, objectively terrible idea