Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lol, who freaking cares about noobs and so on? I mean, I've played this game for 5-6 years, I've played all classes and so on, I've been through ALL ZONES, almost all quests...I am still that young noob whose dps sucks, who can't heal 5+ people at once.I have always loved leveling as long as it has lots lore and good storyline, challenging end boss for each zone and challenging rares, hidden areas and treasure chests.I freaking loved leveling 85-90 , westfall, silverpine forest, redridge and so on. But since I've done these zones so many times now, I kind of got bored from them. I say give instant 90 button for those who can proove they've leveled 1-90 on another realm or server or PTR/Beta....something like that, you have to deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    As opposed to the million or so FoTM that are generated from people abusing SoR and RAF?

lol, that is not even CLOSE to a million....

Deleted
    should be something like after lvln 25 or so chars to 85 then 2 more to 90 on random servers since tbc,, why not a xp increase after say 5 chars to max lvl on the same server like you have lvld 5 chars here so u can have double xp on the next 1 you make or something likethat

As much as one would like to skip boring parts (in their opinions) it's really not good for the game. And where does it end? I also don't like leveling professions. Should we be getting max level raid ready characters? I don't really think this benefits Blizzards profit or the game in general.

If you dislike leveling that much then don't do it. If the end result (a new level 90 character) is not worth it for you then don't do it.

Deleted
    I would pay.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    This. There is already a "near"-instant button to level 80 by using Scroll of Resurrection, and leveling by RAF is crazy fast.
    So there really isn't any weight to the argument: "people don't get to learn their class"
    Leveling my 8th or 9th toon through the same tedious maps, is just super frustrating and time consuming.
    This. 10 chars

Deleted
    Terrible, terrible idea.

Deleted
    Bad idea, it would completely ruin the game. Older content would not be used anymore, learning your class (rare, less often used) abilities and talents would be underdeveloped. Bad for the game I would say

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I don't really think this benefits Blizzards profit.
    So you don't think someone paying 20 bucks or whatever in addition to the monthly fee for a lvl 90 char instead of paying nothing in addition to the monthly fee by levelling it the old fashioned way benefits Blizzards profits.

Deleted
    indeed a very bad idea! why do people always think everything should be handed to them or easy to obtain, what ever happen to actuly working for something?

myself i leveled from 1-90 on a new acounnt when MOP came out and i struggled like hell, but i wouldnt have it any other way you learn your class so much as you level ultimatly making you a much better player

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Same thing that I always say when this exact topic comes up. No, the majority of people are bad enough at the class they have leveled let alone if they were to get the ability to bypass learning the class basics. That and let's be honest if there was a magic insta 90 button there would be a million of whatever the current Flavor of the month would be.
    This so hard, it`s become better, but i still meet people that have no clue that as a warrior you should wear plate, and not use agility gear, and that there are important spells in their spellbooks they dont use, and this goes for all classes, some people just rush through 90 lvls with what seems to be auto attacking, how they even get to 90 boggles my mind

10+ Year Old Account
    I love leveling new characters. I actually hate being maxlevel, it takes away so much content.

"Here, go do the same 8? dungeons over and over again, have phun!"

No thanks, I rather reroll a class, learn a new spec and enjoy the ride up to maxlevel. Every expansion most specs gets a massive overhaul, making a new reroll in a new spec all that more interesting.

I love that system. The only thing I really do hate when leveling is The outlands, And I wish they make the burning legion in the next expansion, rehash all of outlands so that people will cry their eyes out "bcuz bliz is lazy redoing old content" I however will love that in all of eternity of rerolls.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie212 View Post
    indeed a very bad idea! why do people always think everything should be handed to them or easy to obtain, what ever happen to actuly working for something?
    The money they would use to pay for this level boost, would it magically appear in their bank accounts or would they perhaps work in order to obtain it?

Lets be honest, the reason u don't want instant level 90's is because you will be forced to group with them in LFG and BGs.

Quests don't prepare you for endgame.

So instead, just make leveling through dungeons and battlegrounds 4-5 times faster than questing. I bet that 80-90% of people would prefer leveling through dungeons and battlegrounds instead of boring kill X of Y quests and it's in these places where you prepare yourself for the endgame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The money they would use to pay for this level boost, would it magically appear in their bank accounts or would they perhaps work in order to obtain it?
    oh so your one of these people who think gameplay should be influanced by the size of someones cheque book? so your saying because you work outside of the game in the "real world" you have the right to buy a free pass to level 90 and avoid the hours its takes yo reach level 90 the normal way? why have a game at all if everything is buyable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie212 View Post
    oh so your one of these people who think gameplay should be influanced by the size of someones cheque book? so your saying because you work outside of the game in the "real world" you have the right to buy a free pass to level 90 and avoid the hours its takes yo reach level 90 the normal way? why have a game at all if everything is buyable?
    Let's remove paid faction/server transfers and character customization services etc as well then. People who want to switch should just reroll instead of riding their cheque book past the hours it'd take them to reach level 90 the normal way on their new server/faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    Lets be honest, the reason u don't want instant level 90's is because you will be forced to group with them in LFG and BGs.

Quests don't prepare you for endgame.

So instead, just make leveling through dungeons and battlegrounds 4-5 times faster than questing. I bet that 80-90% of people would prefer leveling through dungeons and battlegrounds instead of boring kill X of Y quests and it's in these places where you prepare yourself for the endgame.
    its one of the reasons not the only reason, i just dont think games should be dumbed down to please lazy people if you want a level 90 char you sit there and you level 1! its this kind of buy my way through life/ "game" mentality that i really hate

quicker dungeon leveling would be nice or maybe even a completly new way to level, maybe a class story like class quests in swotr they where the only quests i liked doing in that game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Let's remove paid faction/server transfers and character customization services etc as well then. People who want to switch should just reroll instead of riding their cheque book past the hours it'd take them to reach level 90 the normal way on their new server/faction.

no in my opinion server tranfers (not faction) should be free i think faction tranfers should be impossible and that yes you should have to level a new char if you want that specific race. blizzard is a buisness so anyway they can make money they will. btw paying for them services you just descibed have no influance to the gameplay like giving someone a level 90 and them having no idea how to play it would.
    Last edited by mmocb331e90397; 2012-11-07 at 12:41 PM.

What the fuck is the point of an "instant level 90" button?

Are you seriously that lazy that you can't spend the time to level five levels? It's a damn video game.

To be honest. It should be something you unlock. Not something you pay for.

Achievement, "Play a max level character for a set amount of days" (1-3 months).

Because you don't deserve something like this by opening your wallet. And if all it took was to open your wallet, then all the people who have less skill would skip a lot of the game, and be stuck trying to learn how to do lvl 89-90 content (since there is more tactic in mob killing now, stand behind shields etc, like a GW2 effect).

So, to be honest. No, I wouldn't want this button, but something to increase the leveling experience by almost half for people who own something from end game (like heirlooms but better). The elixir of XP is nice, but being an hour long and one time only, it just doesn't fit well enough.