The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quick hotfix: MP Power damage mob reduction

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...3236334?page=1

In short they put the higher MP levels in terms of damage more higher then intended thus they put a ''fix'' to nerf all of the MP damage meaning you all can likely farm higher MP
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-10-22 at 06:23 PM.

I have to admit ive been abusing their damage by standing in shit with crushing advance.

This is going to help a ton vs some of the ubers, good info

Looks like one little Wizard is moving up a few MP!

Are people really having more trouble with the damage of the mobs and not the hp? Hp is the factor for me atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...3236334?page=1

In short they put the higher MP levels in terms of damage more higher then intended thus they put a ''fix'' to nerf all of the MP damage meaning you all can likely farm higher MP
    Maybe i wont get one shot on those MP6 Ubers now *cough*

The MP damage I thought was fine. Granted I can only do MP3 now maybe I can do 4 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    Are people really having more trouble with the damage of the mobs and not the hp? Hp is the factor for me atm
    This is it for me too. The longer a mob lives, the higher the chance of dying, because instead of only getting one Arcane Enchanted beam, you get two, or maybe three. Instead of a couple of Desecrated puddles, you get a half dozen or more. Of course, you could just jump down an MP level if that happens on a regular basis, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    This is it for me too. The longer a mob lives, the higher the chance of dying, because instead of only getting one Arcane Enchanted beam, you get two, or maybe three. Instead of a couple of Desecrated puddles, you get a half dozen or more. Of course, you could just jump down an MP level if that happens on a regular basis, but still.
    well i currently farm MP4 on my WD i can usally kill elites in a soulwalk or two with trash around. But if the elites dont die with the trash i need to kite a little. Thankfully this happens around 1 in a 100 elites, but if i go up 1 more MP level they have to much health.

I can do MP3 fairly easily, but some combinations (reflect + electric + something else can't remember) really hurt. Don't know about 4, I probably could if I got lucky on affixes. Thing is, it feels like I can have more potential loot per hour if I stick to MP2 than mess around with 3 or 4 and get held up now and again.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can do MP3 fairly easily, but some combinations (reflect + electric + something else can't remember) really hurt. Don't know about 4, I probably could if I got lucky on affixes. Thing is, it feels like I can have more potential loot per hour if I stick to MP2 than mess around with 3 or 4 and get held up now and again.
    Same. I decided to just stop fooling around and stack as much MF as possible and go back down to 2 or 1, trading a lot of defensive abilities for movement speed and offense. It seems to yield far more productive results.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome!!! With my poorly low health toon (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...4/hero/2619254) this should seriously help out a lot!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Most effective way to farm is and always will be the one with better difficulty/time ratio.

MP10 is surely a challenge and kudos to everyone running through it, but the time invested to kill a single elite pack isn't worth the incresed quality of loot. I think i can handle MP2 and maybe MP3, but why? better to steamroll MP1 and do more runs.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Imo Act 3 MP0 has the best time/kill ratio or?

Deleted
    i will now go farm in MP4 instead of 3, yeah should clearly now survive good in 5 but he healthpool will hold me back of effective farm speed.

Time/kill ratio has no exact MP, its all about your dps and your ability to stay alive, so for some it is MP0 act 3 for some Mp2 and some MP8, its very simple actually, if you kill mobs quick and easy at one level and you feel speed is dropping when you go up one step.. then go back one MP and farm there.

Quote Originally Posted by koltara View Post
    Imo Act 3 MP0 has the best time/kill ratio or?
    You need at least MP1 to get the boosted item stats.

You need at least MP1 to get the boosted item stats.
    Yes and no. Items now roll stats based on monster level - MP0 act3 should be lvl 62 (maybe i'm wrong) so it's actually a decent place to farm if you're not in good gear.

Anyway MP1 act1 is easy as hell and every mob is bumped to lvl63 - best place for starters.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Time spent running is a huge factor. If you're killing trash in a few seconds and it doesn't take you overly long to kill elite packs, your run speed becomes a bottleneck (even with 24%). There's no sweet spot for everyone, it depends on your class and gear.

I've found MP5 to be best for me (WD, almost 100k damage prior to talents/buffs), EXCEPT for reflect damage, which is quite frankly broken. Unfortunately the hotfix did nothing about this issue.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    There's no 'right answer for everyone' on which MP you should use. It's all about what you want. Do you want to run around blowing stuff up and laughing through inferno? Do you want to think about almost every encounter? Or somewhere in between?
    I feel bipolar about this. hahahaha

Sometimes I want to stress my mind, sometimes I want mindless! It cannot be the same all the time! D:
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water