Void Tendrils bugged?

Hi all, I have opened this thread hoping that my doubts will be solved, since I have found nothing elsewhere.

Since two days, I noticed that Void Tendrils disappear prematurely from mobs even if they are at full health or get hit by only a couple of weak attacks. It seems that this occurs more frequently if I damage the rooted mob, but this is not always true.

Am I the only one with this problem? Is there something about this talent that I didn't understand?

Thanks to all for the answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tooltip says the ability lasts 20 seconds, but it really only lasts 8 seconds now. Don't know when the change happened, but it was a little while back.

It's really annoying now, since I do my dailies in disc, and it was pretty much one of the only things that made it bearable.

I find it works fine (20 sec duration) for me until I step onto my farm and use it on the virmen/birds there...

I have a feeling something treats the birds/virmen as "bosses"; curse of elements only lasts 12 seconds on them with my lock instead of 30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazuk View Post
    I have a feeling something treats the birds/virmen as "bosses"; curse of elements only lasts 12 seconds on them with my lock instead of 30
    Something about them is weird. I think I've stretched their duration by popping Mindbender / Shadowfiend for those mobs so they whack that instead but I'm not sure.

Though I haven't logged on yet today, as of yesterday they were lasting the full 20 second duration if not killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    I find it works fine (20 sec duration) for me until I step onto my farm and use it on the virmen/birds there...
    Hm, I stand corrected, I tried it on a few other enemies and it did go for the full 20 seconds. I'm using the farm a lot, so I guess thinking that the reduced time of the tendrils on the enemies there had meant the same for everything else wasn't good.

Though I do recall it lasting 8 seconds on some enemies elsewhere, but my memory isn't a very reliable source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some enemies have snare breaks, which removes Void Tendrils.
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    If the mobs can't hit whatever has the most threat on them, they turn around and start hitting the tentacle. It's not uncommon for the tentacle to break in seconds simply because the mob managed to kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, tested this tonight. 8 second duration on the farm mobs. That's just how long the debuff duration is when applied to them.

Farming is hard work, so this seems legit.
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2012-10-25 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aica
    Some enemies have snare breaks, which removes Void Tendrils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan
    If the mobs can't hit whatever has the most threat on them, they turn around and start hitting the tentacle. It's not uncommon for the tentacle to break in seconds simply because the mob managed to kill it.
    I know, but this is not the case. The tendrils are vanishing suddenly at the same time even on mobs that deal very little damage and have no root breaks.

I noticed that the farm mobs make the tendrils disappear, too, but I think that this happened even in other situations. I'm not sure about it though, I should test it more...