HoF first boss question

Is the right platform on this boss simply the worst phase ever for a resto druid or is it just me? Of course, being the strongest healer in our raid I get the outside bubble, which means people sometimes take a full tick of damage before they get inside. Then after that it seems like I have to spam Regrowth to keep people up.

We didn't down him, but we were in the final phase each attempt. I'm just looking for some advice on that one part of the fight. What are you guys using to keep everyone up? It's about 60K dmg per tick to everyone inside the bubble and 100+ if they don't make it inside in time.

Deleted
    Get the outer group to stack close to the boss when he's about to cast his bubbles. It might seem counter intuitive, but that point is the closest they can be to their bubble without guessing an potentially being on the opposite side.

If you don't run many melee ask if you can be in the melee bubble. Not having to move yourself will give you chance to pre-hot and catch up while worrying less about your own positioning.

Learn who is bad at moving and set up a swiftmend ready for them, even a lifebloom perhaps? (I don't play druid since wrath so my knowledge is lacking on their current skills) Knowing who is most likely to screw up will give you the advantage of getting abilities ready for them.

What classes do you have moving to the furthest bubble? We have 2 hunters and 1 mage go there because they can get there pretty much instantly with blink/disengage.

Make sure your raid leader is telling anyone that fails regularly to use an immunity CD if they're going to take 2 or more ticks before getting to their bubble.

what kind of damage reduction cds are you running, warrior demo banners etc are very good during this.

Let me add in the raid comp.

Tank - Monk
    Heals - Druid (me), Pally, Disc Priest or Resto Shaman. Was priest this week, but I think will be easier with the Shaman.
    DPS- DK, Rogue, Hunter, Lock, 2 mages

We ended up making it easier by moving the mages to my bubble so they could blink to it. The Priest barrier only encompasses the melee and 2nd bubble.

I guess I just miss having some kind of party/raid heal that isn't channeled. WG does not exactly cut it here. I would gladly trade Tranq for PoH or CH this fight I think.

I was having the same issues of not managing to run to my bubble in time and taking that first tick or two before I could pop tranquility. Here is what we did: we rotated the healer that is poping a major cd to go with the melee group. So in our case, on first time I was going in and poping tranquility. The next one, our holy priest was going in with melee and poping his major cd. The trick is to get in melee range before he casts the thing if its your turn to pop a major cd. Once we started doing that I've actually poped tranq too early (wasn't so used to the time it takes to move), on the next attemps I fixed the timing on that.

Also for spamming regrows, I try to avoid that as much as possible. Even if it was my turn to use a major cd, I ask the other healers to still pop a minor cd and help healing, After I finish tranq i start tossing rejuvs on the ppl with lowest health. Only really regrowth if someone if reaaaly about to die.

Also, I pop Tree of Life on the next one (when the disc prist is poping his cd) and start LB blanket the raid 5-6 before the ability starts. And start using my CC procs on ppl.

For the very last phase, we do the same rotation but this time with the 3rd healer helping (since on right platform we're only getting 2 of those big damage ability).

Oh forgot to mention, I've linked with out resto shammy and started to use the walker's grace (or whatever its called) so I can move while poping tranquility - it was really helpfull on 3rd phase when I had to start moving from middle quick at end of tranq due to the sonar things.

Druid/Shaman seems like a very strong comp for healing through F&V.

If you have the dps you might also want to consider running 3 healers as it makes it that much easier.

If not and you have the Shaman you need to set up healing CD rotation. Should only have two on the platform and 3-4 in the last phase. First one you tranq and shaman puts healing stream/spirit link down. Second one you can wild growth, hot spam and the shaman can out down healing tide totem. This should work out just fine. Make sure you give your symbiosis to someone who will get ghetto tranq. Make sure people are using personal CD's and lock cookies. GL and have fun...took us 48 or so wipes to get it lol (we finally added a third heals and it helped a ton).

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is a "bug" or a "mechanic", but it seemed every attempt he flip flopped between which platform he started on (left or right, never middle). We made sure to always start our 'real' attempts with the bubble platform first, so when we blew bloodlust we were able to drop him down to transition phase with only one bubble ability going out. Looks like your DPS have healthstones, and most everything in that comp has some way to absorb or mitigate some damage (barkskin, undying resolve, etc). Make sure they're using survival cooldowns and you should be good. Also make sure you don't put too many in each bubble -- not sure if there's a person cap in 10 man, but in 25man it's 9 people -- if you have more people than that, they're not receiving the damage reduction which means they're getting proverbially pooped on.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I think the main issue is use of personal CDs. The mages both alternated Ice Blocks (which made healing much easier obviously), but I think some of the others weren't using CDs. We also had some low dps so the final phase was not going smoothly. Hopefully that will be sorted out this next week.

Thanks for the help. Any other suggestions are welcome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    I think the main issue is use of personal CDs. The mages both alternated Ice Blocks (which made healing much easier obviously), but I think some of the others weren't using CDs. We also had some low dps so the final phase was not going smoothly. Hopefully that will be sorted out this next week.

Thanks for the help. Any other suggestions are welcome.
    Got it. Just don't feel too bad and 'underpowered' as a resto druid if your DPS is gonna derp out and be bads. Our resto druid is probably one of our most reliable healers there. Remember to throw out Ironbark on someone too, that'll help at least one of your squishiest.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    Druid/Shaman seems like a very strong comp for healing through F&V.

If you have the dps you might also want to consider running 3 healers as it makes it that much easier.

If not and you have the Shaman you need to set up healing CD rotation. Should only have two on the platform and 3-4 in the last phase. First one you tranq and shaman puts healing stream/spirit link down. Second one you can wild growth, hot spam and the shaman can out down healing tide totem. This should work out just fine. Make sure you give your symbiosis to someone who will get ghetto tranq. Make sure people are using personal CD's and lock cookies. GL and have fun...took us 48 or so wipes to get it lol (we finally added a third heals and it helped a ton).
    I feel like shamans aren't really that great for that fight due to not being able to truly stack up (i.e. dome things will spawn away from each other). We tried 2 healing and it was a pain due to the lack of cds at the last phase domes (we got like 3 or 4). Our holy priest was doing pretty damn good healing with me as resto, specially being able to heal ppl while moving on those sonar things, our shammy was bottom of the scale on that fight (and he's usually top).

Bare in mind you can use ALL your raid cooldowns on that platform, before the last phase theres 0 other damage going out.

So rotate your tranq, hymn, barrier, rallying cry, health stones, personals, totem etc and you should be okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not too bad as long as you and your other healers are rotating your cooldowns correctly. For us at least, I'll pop my tranquility for the first, then healing tide second, and hymn for the third. But come last phase which I know is immensly hectic, I actually made a macro to use a jade serpent potion, cast Nature's Vigil, (troll racial) berserking, and finally Tranquility. Then just pop tree form right before one of the next two and blanket the raid with lifebloom. Another option in a last resort is blanket with rejuv's instead of spamming your regrowth. They'll dip down low, but as long as the others are spot healing and you're throwing wild growth in there it's gonna be more bang for your buck. Hopefully that makes sense or is helpful, I'm still working on waking up so it may be jibberish.

Rotate healing cooldowns.

As a druid, you have multiple cooldowns that you can use to deal with the 2 F&Vs you should be getting. You can choose how you want to distribute Tranq, ToL, and NV (or drop one of the talents for something else if you feel like you don't need it). The F&V you don't tranq you can forget about having to heal yourself by casting Might of Ursoc, Barkskin, and potentially your Symbiosis move based on what it is, such as IBF or Fortifying Brew (ToL also gives you a 120% armor increase, and the AoE is actually a physical attack- if you can afford the dps loss, dps druids going bear form or melee equipping a shield can mitigate a lot of damage as well. Furthermore, you can give Growl to a rogue to make them take very little damage as well, making healing easier on everything else). If you stack these cooldowns, you will take so little damage that incidental healing will easily keep you up.

You can also try planting mushrooms on the boss for some slight burst healing on the melee dps.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2012-11-06 at 12:14 AM.

Ferals can heal too with tranq if you have a feral dps in the group. They should also go bear since the scream or w/e is physical damage. I usually put my symbiosis on a priest so I can dispersion and help heals since we usually wipe on healers going oom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I don't know if this is a "bug" or a "mechanic", but it seemed every attempt he flip flopped between which platform he started on (left or right, never middle). We made sure to always start our 'real' attempts with the bubble platform first, so when we blew bloodlust we were able to drop him down to transition phase with only one bubble ability going out.
    Why would you use BL/HR in his first phase? You will need Bloodlust in the last 40% so you only get 3-4 Bubbles. Without heroism I guess you get like 4-6 Bubbles, which would be insane to heal through.
    We just 3 healed it without having so much problem. Setup was: Monk, Shaman(not a very good one though) , and A Resto Druid

Our Raid cs were:

1 Force and Verve : 2 Healing Totems and a Pala Aura ( had an Elemental Shaman)
    2 Force and Verve: Tranquility and Spirit Link

In the last 40% phase we did:

1 Force and Verve : 2 Healing Totems and a Pala Aura ( had an Elemental Shaman)
    2 Force and Verve: Tranquility and Spirit Link
    3 Force and Verve: Tree of Life % Revival
    4 Force and Verve: Outhealing it with everyones personal CD

Just went fine, we probably could have healed a 5th one though. I guess your DK can put a bubble aswell.
    Just make sure you rotate your Raid CDS and dont use too much

Just use your Tranq the first time. And be sure to have Symbiosis on a Shadow Priest if you have in your raid. Later on, depending on your mana, you can use your tree form to keep people alive in the last phase. (And if you'r lucky the CD may have worn off).