Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The cast time is the same length as a global cooldown
    Any slight lag makes the cast more than a gcd even considering haste and seeing as many times you need to "settle in" easily brings it close to two gcds. Not to mention that even if you predict your next placement in a random fight you still feel deceived.
    Last edited by Pokot; 2012-11-08 at 11:28 PM. Reason: sweepy

As it triggers a GCD and you need to be standing still anyway to follow it with any other cast time spell I'm not sure how making it instant but not removing its GCD would remove any lag-related effects, spells would queue with exactly the same delay (a delay I can't say I've ever experienced with the spell, but perhaps I just have better internet than you do).

I wouldn't use RoP on many fights this tier but I don't think making it instant cast is going to solve anything, the issues are inherent with the fact that you have to stand in a circle, not the method by which it is reapplied.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    As it triggers a GCD and you need to be standing still anyway to follow it with any other cast time spell I'm not sure how making it instant but not removing its GCD would remove any lag-related effects, spells would queue with exactly the same delay (a delay I can't say I've ever experienced with the spell, but perhaps I just have better internet than you do).

I wouldn't use RoP on many fights this tier but I don't think making it instant cast is going to solve anything, the issues are inherent with the fact that you have to stand in a circle, not the method by which it is reapplied.
    I didn't mean to contradict. However, instant cast would definitely be better than 1,5 second cast and solve the problem of going over one gcd. An obvious advantage would be that you can move, secondly - while you still have to wait for the GCD to end, with instant cast you have some wiggle room and an ability to queue the next spell right on the gcd.

Don't think that I'm disagreeing with you, RoP is (I like to say that but hell, if it's true it's true) clumsy design. I think what it meant to be is an ability that requires you to know the fight and your raid inside out and raise the skill bar but in reality it blatanly narrows you down to the good old "I'm winning the dps race" attitude and the only option to provide utility is to flush your performance down the drain.

Really happy with this change just to make it a more usefull utility, but depending on the encounter i still switch between invocation/rune of power, less spell dmg from rune but if im moving around alot I dont wanna be wasting 5 secs chanelling as well as moving, i find more uptime way more usefull
    Whoops, sig too big

Remind me if I'm wrong, but didn't they change it back to how it is on live?

EDIT:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-16257

Mage
    Talents
    Invocation changes have been reverted, now identical to live.
    Last edited by Erquonter; 2012-11-11 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but some of our posters might have skipped that info from the main page or just didn't read this thread through. We don't hold it against them

Thanks for being helpful and correcting them though!

Deleted
    would of loved this change

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this thread needs to be locked (possibly a note in red on the first post indicating this was a reverted change as well, while we wait for the thread to fall off the front page). With the change reverted this information is now out of date. Due to the title of the thread it is making it seem like this is an open topic for discussion for people doing sims etc, when in fact this change is not in the build/ptr anymore.
    Last edited by Divr; 2012-11-12 at 08:06 AM.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I think this thread needs to be locked (possibly a note in red on the first post indicating this was a reverted change as well, while we wait for the thread to fall off the front page). With the change reverted this information is now out of date. Due to the title of the thread it is making it seem like this is an open topic for discussion for people doing sims etc, when in fact this change is not in the build/ptr anymore.
    Butbutbut I already edited the first post a few days ago, just didn't make it red

However, I agree, time for a lock.