Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they took GW2 out of the Recent Forum Posts on the front page

This is not the case I just found your post from the recent forum posts.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-05 at 12:07 PM.

I find the lack of trinity a horrible idea.
    I'm not interested in being a jack-of-all-trades, i want to focus on something - and do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    just check forum views, It was huge in about time of release, now I'm checking and it's as many wievs as Shaman subforum has.
    GW2 lost its impact long time ago. I know many people who bought GW2 and they are back to their prevous games, yeah I think GW2 is in serious decline. Only thing that is saving them from TORtanic like drop is f2p model.
    Don't see how that is "saving" them, considering that was always the intended model.

I play very irregularly as do all my friends who play, but it is the only MMO we play, and we do play it - and when we do, the servers are as packed as when we started playing 2 months ago.

I think you just personally don't like the game and see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    just check forum views, It was huge in about time of release, now I'm checking and it's as many wievs as Shaman subforum has.
    GW2 lost its impact long time ago. I know many people who bought GW2 and they are back to their prevous games, yeah I think GW2 is in serious decline. Only thing that is saving them from TORtanic like drop is f2p model.
    Forum views on a website that barely supports the games community =/= popularity

Everyday there's multiple servers constantly full while alot of them being high, and while playing i certainly get my fair share of overflow maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Forum views on a website that barely supports the games community =/= popularity

Everyday there's multiple servers constantly full while alot of them being high, and while playing i certainly get my fair share of overflow maps.
    That's very true look at LoL and Minecraft for example there's like millions of people playing those games. A WoW centric site isn't the first place most players go to for other games. Sure the GW2 forums here had lots of viewers in these forums near launch but I'm sure that was a lot of curious WoW players. I wouldn't doubt that the initial shine of the game has worn off but by no means is it failure or even close to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    I'm not interested in being a jack-of-all-trades, i want to focus on something - and do it well.
    And that "something" has to be healer, tank or dps instead of, say, playing skillfully and making sure your group succeeds by getting everything out of your class?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    You are lucky. It is plenty of games out there where you can find that.

I enjoy much more gw2 gameplay, where i dont get bored in doing all the time the same stuff. I enjoy the fact i can group with all classes without having to find "healer" or "tank" and i have to work with my group in order to succeed. No more "1,2,4,5,3 - repeat" but different approach in every group you play with.

I like very much gw2 PvE, it is different. Maybe thats the real problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they took GW2 out of the Recent Forum Posts on the front page
    This isn't true at all. I just checked.

Also this forum has maintained higher viewership than all other sub forums consistently. GW2 views are often more than SWTOR, Rift, League of Legends and Minecraft combined.

this forum is known throughout the GW2 community to be unfriendly to the game and players of the game.
    I read and post on the official forums, GW2 Guru, sub reddit and GW2 Insider. Rarely have I seen anything of the sort mentioned.

Any actual gameplay discussion is crammed into one thread fer crissakes
    This is not true. We have a video, profession and technical help threads. Everything else is typically fair game.

Bit of personal perception you are spreading here.

while the gamebashing threads are allowed to go on forever.
    We allow negative opinions. Just as we allow your own praise of the game.

This isn't a Guild Wars 2 high five club exclusively.

Or that the Official Forums finally opened
    This is the only accurate thing you've said so far.

MMO-C could have had a piece of that action if they'd taken a supportive stance towards the game. We asked for it months ago, but I guess they didn't want our clicks.
    At the end of the day, this is a World of Warcraft site.

We have 1 sub forum for Guild Wars 2, Rift, Minecraft, League of Legends, The Old Republic, etc.

League of Legends is by leaps and bounds more popular than any MMO. We only have 1 forum for League.

I am on a Full server and see tons of people playing in many zone. There are a handful of zones such as Iron Marches, Fields of Ruin and Dreadhaunt that go underpopulated though.

Other than that- Guild Wars 2 is one of the most lively games I have played in recent years. It's positively bustling at all hours of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    but I'd also take the whole thing about all the servers being marked as full with a grain of salt.
    I do take this with a grain of sault. No one knows what the server caps actually are. Is full 500, 1000 or 17 million? GW2 can keep home server caps low since they have overflow servers. Server population density listings are a moot point when no one knows what they are and this applies to any game.

I see quite a few less folks in the mid level areas but whenever an event pops up I always see people come around for it. Sometimes it is only 3 or 4 of us but I actually prefer that kind of numbers for events than a huge zerg to be honest. Only time I was irritated by a lack of folks was in a group event last night in Orr. There were 3 of us and we had this champion down to basically nothing. We all died and I could see my bleeds ticking on the champ, all it looked like was needing maybe a 100 more damage done to it and it would have died, but no it survived

Maybe just server dependent. I'm on Yaks Bend and while it appears empty a lot of times, people always show when there is an event around. Not sure where they come from but they appear.

For me, the lack of trinity and compelling end game content killed the PvE portion for me entirely.

The dynamic events were a PR stunt - none of them ended up feeling as epic as they said they would be. Restarting every couple hours in the longest cases, nothing spanning days/weeks. Just the same couple of things done over and over again for a karma grind.

The dungeons were terribly designed. There was a huge lack of imagination put in to not only the layout, but mobs themselves. Everything is just a damage sponge. It was either a frustrating experience, or a completely boring one. There was no happy medium for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America

You can't go by forum views at all.. however, as Fencers pointed out that statement is misinformed anyway. However many as I have probably have simply moved there discussion to reddit or GW2guru where it tends to be less vitriolic ( in regards to reddit especially)

As for server population..

Its amusing that the fans of "other games" are chomping at the bit just dying to find something to ding GW2 and praying for server decline. Sorry but no, its just as busy as ever. Sure the starting zones have thinned out but the population as just moved to other zones. I still regularly see plenty of people about as I explore the rest of the world on my way to 100% map completion and there are still new folks buying the game everyday.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the game. I thought it was original, had best graphics and aesthetic apart from TERA, and was overall the best MMO experience I've ever had.

With that being said, I have mostly stopped playing it. I hyped myself up for Halloween, and stopped logging in halfway through it. I don't know why. I can't say a single negative thing about it. I never even got a character past 70, so I can't say anything about 'end game', which doesn't really even apply.

I had planned full well to play every now and then, buying each expansion as it released, but I can't see that anymore.

Kinda odd to feel this way TBH. There's honestly just too many games out there right now, even in just the genre.

Deleted
    No more "1,2,4,5,3 - repeat" but different approach in every group you play with.
    Excuse me, but playing GW2 is the same "1,2,4,5,3 -repeat" as wow. But in wow there are more skills, than just 5 and situational cooldowns.

And no, doing "playing skillfully and making sure your group succeeds by getting everything out of your class" is not "focusing on role".

PVE is like playing football. You need a goalkeeper, defenders, support and offence players, focused on their roles, in GW, doing dungeons is like football in basic school - everyone in attack. Of course, dungeons are hard, but it's not enjoying type of being hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    PVE is like playing football. You need a goalkeeper, defenders, support and offence players, focused on their roles, in GW, doing dungeons is like football in basic school - everyone in attack. Of course, dungeons are hard, but it's not enjoying type of being hard.
    That quote best define what I think is the problem in this game PvE. There are no roles, just glorified dps and a basic shooter gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post
    That quote best define what I think is the problem in this game PvE. There are no roles, just glorified dps and a basic shooter gameplay.
    The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it a problem.
    It's the way the game is.
    GW1, apart from the healers, is the same way and no one complained.

Barbas really OTM here.

Didn't even need healers for many missions in GW1. Esp. once full heroes came about. One could get use game mechanics and CC to clear just about everything in the entire game. Great game, Guild Wars 1.

Lack of hard roles or a class trinity is no big deal. I would say they pulled it off much better in GW1 than in the sequel. All the same though, the role-less party/encounter design approach is as valid as role enforced party/encounters.

If the PVE in GW2 were a "failure" it wouldn't be due to lack of role trinity, normalized gear, etc. It'd just be because the encounter design was terrible. Which I believe it is-- though IMO and all that jazz.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-05 at 09:02 PM.

Yeah, I feel that they could have taken a few more things from GW1 and put them into GW2. But they didn't, a shame that.