Thread: Galleon...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We need a shorter respawn on this guy, finally saw him on our server just to have Alliance kill it, oh well, wait 3 more days then.

On Kel'Thazud its pretty crazy too. Alliance always camping, I've only seen it once. I feel bad for the Horde, they will never get him until they are level 95.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucidor

"Oh, Tirion's having a carnival!"

Sha has worked out pretty well, Galleon is just a mess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    If you are on Illidan-US You can't even get the tag unless you have a godly computer and connection. He's also being camped constantly by roughly 100 people even if they aren't directly where he spawns they are gathering and waiting. The one time I killed galleon the zone was so laggy I attempted to attack him at 73% health and didn't get the tag until he reached about 6% hp because that's how long it took a spell to cast. Also I missed him yesterday because the server crashed while I was attempting to tag and it didn't come back up for 10mins.

The whole galleon situation is a huge joke.
    I don't think it even matters what your pc is like on Illidan. There were so many people there Friday night, the server crashed. When I was able to log back in after a couple minutes, galleon was up. I got the tag, and luckily people share the tag. On high pop servers they really should increase his respawn. I know alot of people that haven't been able to kill him because of school or work.

They should just make him like Sha, spawn more often, but only have 1 chance a week to get loot. The server lag is ridiculous from all the camping raids.....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    Sha has worked out pretty well, Galleon is just a mess.
    Exactly. Introduce weekly save, change spawn to 30 mins and problem solved.

On my server it got tagged by a group of 15 selfish people (guess what, "top" guild) who refused to invite anybody else and people were stupid enough to help them kill him.

Sure is entitlement in this thread.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Exactly. Introduce weekly save, change spawn to 30 mins and problem solved.

On my server it got tagged by a group of 15 selfish people (guess what, "top" guild) who refused to invite anybody else and people were stupid enough to help them kill him.
    ya i dont understand that logic anymore. sure if it was like the loot system of old where you need to be the only one of ur class to get guaranteed a piece of loot if it drops but its all random for every person so it doesnt matter if you have 25 pallys, they all have an equal chance at getting something. getting more people just makes the boss go down faster.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    only the truly skilled who can defeat the complex and hard mechanics of galleon deserve the loot

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    only the truly skilled who can defeat the complex and hard mechanics of galleon deserve the loot
    I was more referring to the "I'm never on when Galleon spawns so he should be up 24/7 so everyone can get loot" kiddies. On Tuesday there's going to be 12 raid bosses + LFR + Sha of Anger for everyone to get loot from and they're demanding that one world boss be up constantly.
    Jsz

It's been 120 hours on Sargeras-US since his last spawn now. I've been parked there for a large portion of the last half, and so have a lot of other people. At the very least, he needs to be more consistent.

You people crying about his spawn timers are such whiners. He is a WORLD BOSS. He isn't meant to be easy to tag. Have none of you nubs ever played in Vanilla? Where the 4 green dragons were NECESSARY for progression in AQ40 due to Nature resist gear? lol and you people cry about useless 496 gear.

it'a amazing really how shit the wow community became.

The only pathetic part of galleon is that he's just a punching bag. Tags win it. 4 dragons, Kazzak, Doomwalker etc, YOU HAD ZERO CHANCE to kill him if another raid interfered. And the bosses were not in common areas

Infracted~
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-10-28 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    It's been 120 hours on Sargeras-US since his last spawn now. I've been parked there for a large portion of the last half, and so have a lot of other people. At the very least, he needs to be more consistent.
    It's a fucking world boss. It's not guaranteed weekly loot. It's more "lucky to be on and get the tag" loot.
    Jsz

i don't mind that galleon has a long respawn time, which sometimes only causes him to spawn twice a week and it's usually the middle of the night (at least on my server, anyway)

i don't even mind that you can only get loot once per week, even with that long respawn time

i do mind that blizzard has consistently said "we want everyone to experience content" blah blah blah by constantly nerfing every raid to the point of dullness since wrath... then they release a world boss that only a few people actually get to SEE, an even smaller amount get to kill, and an even smaller ammount get the actual tag on him

i don't understand why blizzard constantly contradicts themselves... saying they want some bosses to feel special and rare to see yet see how raids have been for the past few years... in order to kill galleon it's an incredible chore or just plain dumb luck... i wish they would make up their minds or just be consistent at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    The only pathetic part of galleon is that he's just a punching bag. Tags win it. 4 dragons, Kazzak, Doomwalker etc, YOU HAD ZERO CHANCE to kill him if another raid interfered. And the bosses were not in common areas
    so he is nothing like old vanilla bosses
    so why should he behave like old vanilla bosses when it comes to spawning?

It's a fucking world boss. It's not guaranteed weekly loot. It's more "lucky to be on and get the tag" loot.
    No shit? The boss out in the world is a world boss? I didn't know that. It's not be lucky and get the tag loot, he dies within a fucking minute of spawning on real servers, if you're not there and ready then you're not getting it. Besides, every other world boss before him had a consistent spawn timer.

I've killed him every week so far (Agamaggan-EU), without any kind of tag war, simply cause the server is too low popoulated to even make 1 full raid of 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    i don't even mind that you can only get loot once per week, even with that long respawn time
    I don't know where this misconception has come from that you can only receive loot from him once a week. He has no lockout - you can get as much loot from him each week as you do tags.

Unless you're referring to the debate on hand, in which case that is my mistake.

my server there are always 300-500 people camping it for usually 2 hours when its supposed to spawn. hasnt spawned on malganis since wednesday

*~*A true troll, doesn't even realize he is trolling until he sees me behind him with my troll hunting axe

10+ Year Old Account
    I was on vacation on launch so I was able to kill him 5 times in the first 10 days on y server. But now I am back to work and havent seen him again. The people that are unemployed and playing all day get to kill him. I miss the PvP instance not gonna lie. At least it was quick and easy to get a group together and easy loot for my alts.

Deleted
    I was more referring to the "I'm never on when Galleon spawns so he should be up 24/7 so everyone can get loot" kiddies. On Tuesday there's going to be 12 raid bosses + LFR + Sha of Anger for everyone to get loot from and they're demanding that one world boss be up constantly.
    Actually the biggest complaint of those "everyone can get loot kiddies" is; A pretty high percentage of people have never, ever, never seen this boss up.
    i play a lot, im not hardcore but by no means casual. Ive never even seen his corpse.
    That would be fine, if i had never checked where he spawns. But i have. Lots.
    nobody is demandin him up permanently, or instantly.