Thread: retiring rogue

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

retiring rogue

Been a rogue main since vanilla.

Tried maining my rogue for the 1st month of MOP, leveled my warrior to 90, went fury for raiding and fell in love with the new changes. It just seems that blizzard haven't given rogues much thought ever since Cata, except to nerf us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I'm in the same situation. I just feel so broke.
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

I'm the complete opposite. In classic I was a druid, but halfway through I started my rogue. I am about to say some crazy things, but.... I think rogues are in a good place. With that said a few other classes (looking at you warrior, hunter, mage, and any other fotm) are to OP. I am having a blast as combat for pvp, and have found this to bring some new life into rogues old play-style. Does this mean I am just an awesome player. No. Does this mean rogues are in a sorry state. Yes.

All I have to say is hang in there! Things will not be changing soon, but play the underdog now, and you will only dominate when we are given buffs... heck CURRENTLY for the 5.1 notes, just about everyone is getting nerfs, while we're receiving three buffs... wound poison is meh, but still! There are many things I would change with rogues, that I think would not be gamebreaking (2 min vanish, with the change that prep now includes smoke bomb, and making shadow step baseline) but until those happen I will just continue to adapt and overcome.

I am glad you're enjoying your warrior, I leveled mine first and am enjoying it, but I feel like now it is time for my to retire him and get back to business with the rogue!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    Been a rogue main since vanilla.
    Maybe you got tired of it? Seriously, why do you have to shift the blame to Blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll be back once Rogue's are on top again
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

15+ Year Old Account
    I felt broke until I tried Combat. Never had more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I felt broke until I tried Combat. Never had more fun.
    I'll agree with that statement, however I'm currently craving some daggers so I can switch back to mutilate, i feel like at my gear level now is when I'll start to pull ahead with Assassination!!! There's no beating a combat rogue's cleave on Stone Guards though
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

We are only "broke" because our damage is not 10% above everyone else like it was in DS with the orange daggers, and we have to play our asses off to top the meters.

We are not broke. Its just our damage could be higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    We are only "broke" because our damage is not 10% above everyone else like it was in DS with the orange daggers, and we have to play our asses off to top the meters.

We are not broke. Its just our damage could be higher.
    Wow, you must have missed all the numerous threads in the last 4-5 months apparently, where rogues don't complain about how their damage is, but about how that damage is done...
    That being said: you are entitled to have the opinion that rogues are not broken, but at the moment I guess there are more people disagreeing with you than people that are agreeing.

Our damage is fine, logs show this, Blizzard's internal testing shows this, 3rd part sims show this.

What is terrible, like has been said multiple times in multiple threads, is how we get that damage. Haste levels are woeful and our rest time is extraordinarily high; our specs all feel exceptionally similar to play; very few of our abilities have any distinctive visual effects to them.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Our damage is fine, logs show this, Blizzard's internal testing shows this, 3rd part sims show this.

What is terrible, like has been said multiple times in multiple threads, is how we get that damage. Haste levels are woeful and our rest time is extraordinarily high; our specs all feel exceptionally similar to play; very few of our abilities have any distinctive visual effects to them.
    Blizz had a huge chance to increase some of our "visual effects" in a way with the pickpocket glyph but sadly they missed out on it

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Maybe you got tired of it? Seriously, why do you have to shift the blame to Blizzard?
    Because he's not tired of it, rogues are very very undertuned in most areas of the game right now.

If he was just tired of rogue, he would say that, or not post at all. He wouldn't make a QQ post if he felt the class was viable for his playstyle AND wanted to play it, or if he just really liked a new class a lot more.

The blue post that was like "well maybe the rogues are tired of their mains" or whatever was pretty headdesk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    There's no beating a combat rogue's cleave on Stone Guards though
    haha good joke i realy like your sarcasm
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    For me rogue has 2 problems, and only two :

1. Rogue needs shadowstep to be baseline
    2. 40 to 65% of our damage is Auto-damage (melee + poisons)

10+ Year Old Account
    my rogue feels like a BEAST with a few minor craftable upgrades

Deleted
    I've been thinking of benching my rogue as well. The issues of the class have been pointed out time and time again; the amount of threads on the topic of changes amount to several novels... Yet, the devs continue to refuse to take a second look at the class.
    - The class feels underpowered for an extended amount of time, mainly due to the neglect of the devs ("Suck it up, time will fix it")
    - The resource system is limiting instead of being versatile, fun, interesting, or interactive.
    - The mechanics of the class are painfully boring, require little interaction from the player; passive damage is through the roof.
    - The increased homogenization is very apparent.

The class/specs have just become painfully boring, too gear dependent, too passive, and too homogenized. What really made me want to reroll, was how I had gone from deciding which spec to play based on spec-strengths, to spec-weaknesses...
    "Sub sucks for this fight, can't play it..."
    "Combat sucks for almost everything... Can't play it."
    "Both Sub and Assa suck massively at cleave fests... I'm forced to play Combat."
    Ad nauseam.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    2. 40 to 65% of our damage is Auto-damage (melee + poisons)
    Agreed. I'm not sure other classes have this problem, but so much (percentage-wise) of our damage is "passive". We aren't arguing to do more damage.. what we want is a more dynamic, involved playstyle. Keep us doing something, instead of waiting for enough energy to regen to do that next combo point builder (which takes several seconds some times).

Deleted
    Benched my rogue today in fact.
    I gave it a shot, I tried raiding, geared up in LFR some, fully honor PvP geared.
    It's just not enjoyable, needs redesigning, currently rogues are an amalgamation of band aid fixes and it shows.

Deleted
    So, what classes are you guys playing then? I've tried monks, but I don't see it, I can't feel it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    So, what classes are you guys playing then? I've tried monks, but I don't see it, I can't feel it.
    I'm flirting with my Warlock. Leveling her is... actually fun. I can take 5-6 mobs at a time through drain tanking and end every fight with full health. I suppose I won't fully abandon my Rogue, if only for RP reasons.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.