Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Ever since first hearing that Garrosh will be the final boss of the expansion I've felt nothing but indifference, bordering on disappointment. I'm not excited by the prospect of it at all, and to be honest, it sounds like a very easy way for Blizzard to be lazy again. In my heart I sense another Dragonsoul, where we will be fighting some random horde related characters that no one really cares about, in what is essentially just Orgrimmar, like Dragonblight was reused for dragon soul.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks.
    the difference between garrosh and deathwing is that nobody really knew who deathwing was because outside of the books he had little mention.

we basically had no reason to want to fight deathwing other then "raaaawwwwwr ima dragonz gone blows up the world" wheras garrosh is slowly becoming darker and darker and tbh the lore of mists is 10x more interesting then cataclysm.

also in what final raid did we not fight random nobodies most of the time? wrath is the only one that had a good bit of known characters but even then alot were random nobodies, in bt the majority were random nobodies.

i could see orgrimmar being interesting have gallywix there in some cool goblin tinker war armor have some dark shaman and some kor'kron maybe a demon or two.

hell even just gallywix in some tinker armor would be badass in itself and would let the goblins get rid of their prince
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    No one from blizzard ever used a term that applies a orgrimmar raid.
    We dont even know in what kind of form and shape we are going to tackle garrosh.
    Azeroth is big. Frontlines are all over the place.
    hell, for all we know is that we get involved in fighting garrosh.. it's not even clear worded if that's a raid at all. Could as well be just a scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No one from blizzard ever used a term that applies a orgrimmar raid.
    We dont even know in what kind of form and shape we are going to tackle garrosh.
    Azeroth is big. Frontlines are all over the place.
    hell, for all we know is that we get involved in fighting garrosh.. it's not even clear worded if that's a raid at all. Could as well be just a scenario.
    Spine of Garrosh
    Madness of Garrosh

now with added tentacles or sha corruption! (I can really picture it now, half of his body will look like a Sha) ;P

So, i guess you also used to complain about, Illidan being reused, LK and frozen throne, mount hyjal and archimond...

Isn't it cool, overthrowing the horde warlord who we all grew to hate so much ? Laying the siege on orgrimar, reclaiming the city for the horde ?
    Naaaah, new hoptalus it is!
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

I genuinely think you are the first person I've ever seen that thinks Dragonsoul didn't suck.
    looks like you didn't met me.

Spine of Garrosh
    Madness of Garrosh

now with added tentacles or sha corruption! (I can really picture it now, half of his body will look like a Sha) ;P
    Instead of the aspects we have 5 Thralls!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    So, i guess you also used to complain about, Illidan being reused, LK and frozen throne, mount hyjal and archimond...

Isn't it cool, overthrowing the horde warlord who we all grew to hate so much ? Laying the siege on orgrimar, reclaiming the city for the horde ?
    Naaaah, new hoptalus it is!
    I don't exactly understand you here. Illidan, LK reused? I find it rather silly if you mean just because they come from the RTS they were reused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they are reusing art doesnt make something reused content. This is an MMORPG. The RPG stands for Role Playing Game. That means that there is a story to be followed, and that story just so happened to be in Northrend at the temple. Was WWII a rehash of WWI because they both took place in Europe? Or maybe the American Civil War and Revolution were the same as well because they took place in the US. Of course not, they all had a different "story" behind them, just like DS did, and just like the Org raid will.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't exactly understand you here. Illidan, LK reused? I find it rather silly if you mean just because they come from the RTS they were reused.
    Sounds just as recycled as your reason for DS being recycled.

The concept of always having to go to a new place just to avoid the 'rehash' label is absurd. Stories will re-visit old areas, they won't keep travelling to new places all the time. Part of the fun is seeing how the place has changed since you were last there.

If we always had to go to a new place for every single raid, the story would become incredibly limited. Let's just stop this immature 'LOLREHASH' stuff, yeah?

Besides, the problem with DS wasn't the 're-used' maps. It was more the dull design of the bosses, but even with that said it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of people seem to think. Could've been better, definitely; terrible? Far from it.

wasnt garosh building /creating somethingh underground ogrimmar with cultists ?

Whole thread is one big mess of irony. Come back when your whinethread is not rehashed from previous whiners.

I genuinely think you are the first person I've ever seen that thinks Dragonsoul didn't suck.
    It did suck, but not because the map resembled Dragonblight.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovechile View Post
    sooo....things are never suppossed to happen in places that are already there? Dragonblight and Wyrmrest made sense imo, with the story line. Just because it wasn't "omg shinee shinee newww" doesn't mean it sucked. Personally, I hate Garrosh and I'm ready to @#$% him up the @#$ with a tauren sized purple @#%^@#. With no lube.
    That turned me on....I wanna date your Avatar.

On a more serious note.

The last and smallest problem of DS was the enviorment. The issue of DS was that it was freaking short, most of the bosses where plain and boring with zero emotional build up and no connection to they players. They where just oversized hard to kill Barrens rabbits. You couldn't care less. And their mechanics in general were boring too.

There was some innovation here and there, but it was drowned in the plainness of the bosses and the bland enviorment. I understand that it's not easy to make an Ulduar or even an ICC every 3 months, but still DS was terrible.

P.S.

It also lasted freaking FOREVER!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Whole thread is one big mess of irony. Come back when your whinethread is not rehashed from previous whiners.

It did suck, but not because 10% of the map was from Dragonblight.
    Ah yes, because I'm clearly whining. Go look up the word 'indifference.' You must be boiling with rage all day everyday to see my OP as someone that is whining. I wrote the OP in such a dull fashion so that it would stop people like you from turning up, but it seems it didn't work. ;P
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-29 at 02:19 PM.

I don't get why this is a big deal.

It's the same map. Probably slightly changed to make it more interesting looking.

From a story perspective it makes sense. From a gameplay perspective, you just have to hope the bosses are fun and engaging.

I never understood why people made such a big deal about reusing maps. Re-doing old content is fine. Rehashing old content is not. Re-done content: ZG, Scholo, and Scarlet dungeons show how it can be well done (completely new bosses or at least a few new ones, redone fight mechanics, updated maps and environments). Rehashed: ZA and Naxx shows how it be done poorly (essentially the same bosses, same fight mechanics, very little change, exact same layout and maps).

Who knows man, it isn't out yet so we can't say its another DS so yeah we're not fortune tellers u no what i meanz just sayin
    so just stop whining and play the game
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Ah yes, because I'm clearly whining. Go look up the word 'indifference.' You must be boiling with rage all day everyday to see my OP as someone that is whining. I wrote the OP in such a dull fashion so that it would stop people like you from turning up, but it seems it didn't work. ;P
    It's whining when you come complain it will suck like DS when you haven't got the slightest clue what it's like in reality.

When the raid is in PTR you might have a case, but until then, it's all bwaaaaah.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I understand what you're going at, Sareth. I've been kinda worrying about the same thing myself.
    For me one of the most exciting aspects of a new raid (or anything, really) is seeing the new locale and environment, especially because if you're a dedicated raider, this means you're going to be spending a lot of time there, and the nicer it looks, the better.

Some people point out examples to 'rehashed' content (using the term loosely). Somebody said Hyjal as a zone, for instance. I don't think it's rehashed at all, it's leagues apart from the TBC raid Hyjal. It hardly looks the same, with all the new graphic improvements, and half the zone isn't even in the raid.
    I can see the charm in 'rehashed' dungeons, the nostalgia feeling of going back while still finding out what's happened since, kinda like with Shadowfang Keep, Deadmines, or the new Scarlet Monastery/Halls and Scholo.
    Personally though I'll always prefer newer areas, but that's just me.

Returning to Org, though, I admit I've been hoping it won't be the same old Orgrimmar. (Especially for us Horde players who got to spend the majority of the last expansion just sitting there). I'm hoping perhaps Garrosh has changed it somehow, or built an underground lair or something, even if just half the raid is there I'm sure I'd like it more than a normal Org but with some barricades and mobs patrolling, built to guide you through the raid.

As this was, to an extent, the case of Dragon Soul (which I actually liked, but I do think it's easily the weakest Cata raid, and I'm certain if it had featured more new environments, I would have liked it even more), I hope they'll have more changes in store for the raid, to make the feel of it different than the current Org.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since first hearing that Garrosh will be the final boss of the expansion I've felt nothing but indifference, bordering on disappointment. I'm not excited by the prospect of it at all, and to be honest, it sounds like a very easy way for Blizzard to be lazy again. In my heart I sense another Dragonsoul, where we will be fighting some random horde related characters that no one really cares about, in what is essentially just Orgrimmar, like Dragonblight was reused for dragon soul.

Thanks.
    What I don't understand is how you really feel WoW has a story.

Citizens and soldiers (and "champions") accept him, and we could already overthrow his reign were it not for WoW's lack of friendly fire. I mean, we're letting him rule now, and there must be a good reason for it, right? Nope. We already want him off the throne, and there are no laws and consequences in World of Warcraft - lore wise. The only reason we can't kill him is because he's friendly and we can't get our bloody swords to swing. This is a logical flaw to the story, which I assume they will 'fix' by feeding Garrosh with Sha and a lousy backstory for his acquiring of this Sha.

Why can't we just find a way to purify him of his Sha-fury? Because he magically carries 2 daggers, 1 staff, 9 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of armguards and a legendary horn which we are all pretty hyped on wearing for ourselves? Surely there must be a way.

I personally don't care about the storyline. I feel like it has always been crap and always will be, because of the logical flaws that come hand in hand with having 400.000 copies of the same "champion" in a world. - Who each has done the very same thing and saved the world a plethora of times. The only thing I want is intricate encounters and interesting atmospheres to figure the encounters out. Never mind the fact that we suffer from amnesia every wednesday and heroically kill the master of doom (at least we think so, because some guy told us that).

I hope you can understand my sarcasm and irony - it was meant to prove a point which I'm not even sure I made.

Wondrous - AINT GOT TIME FOR DAT - Outland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It's whining when you come complain it will suck like DS when you haven't got the slightest clue what it's like in reality.

When the raid is in PTR you might have a case, but until then, it's all bwaaaaah.
    Meh, fair enough.