Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Honestly, if you bother writing this huge text, saying that ridiculously sad stuff you said, because of a game, if a game makes you sad or grief in any way, you have deeper problems not related to the game, so you have 2 choices, either solve your problems or grab a gun and put a bullet in your brain, pathetic how you spend so much time feeling sorry for yourself over daily quests, wtf is this seriously... solve that life of yours, then get a new one and stop playing, there you go problem solved, or just die.

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-10-30 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    I actually thought it was pretty obvious what you meant even without the correction.
    Yea I did to. In fact that's why I didn't even notice the typo. Oh well.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    *sigh* Of course now the army of people who've adopted the protestant work ethic come out and insist every should have to "work" for their gear. It makes me wonder how many of you have actually held a fucking job in your lives?
    You're right. We should just have a vendor that puts out heroic quality epics so that WoW would become more like our real jobs.

Sorry, was that not the point you were making? Your post was so stupid I didn't bother trying to understand where you were coming from.

OT: I wish people would actually consider the valor cap when you are complaining about what rep you need and when you need it by.

For example, let me break down my valor purchases for you:

Week 1: 1000 Valor, no rep needed
    Week 2: 2000 Valor Klaxxi Neck for 1250 valor, only need honored which you get from questing in dread wastes without dailies.
    Week 3: 1750 Valor Golden Lotus Ring for 1250 valor, only need honored with golden lotus to get this - maybe a week of dailies?
    Week 4: 1500 Valor, save for a big purchase
    Week 5: 2500 Valor, Golden Lotus chest for 2250 valor, revered at this point because I have had 5 weeks to get revered at this point
    Week 6: 1250 Valor, Shado pan cloak for 1250 valor, only need honored which is roughly 1 day worth of dailies assuming you have completed the normal quests.

As you can see, quite easy to just match your reputation gains to your valor instead of immediately trying to hit revered with every faction and doing endless amounts of dailies every time you log on.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP: What a glorious whine. Don't do them then, we don't care. I'm exalted in all but Shado-pan and August Celestials. They don't take that long and I haven't even done all of them every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Just plain and simple, if Blizzard doesn't add a way for people like myself to rep grind how we want they will start losing a ton of subs again. People play the game to have fun, not be forced to do what someone else thinks is fun.
    ME ME ME ME ME.

I hated grinding dungeons with tabards for rep. So who's right?
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2012-10-30 at 12:02 AM.

pffff Thorium was CAKE compared to stupid fucking furlbogs. Fucking Timbermaw....
    Hardest one I did was Wintersaber trainers, but you need to be alliance for that. 75 rep per pain in the ass quest, and 300 or so for one that required teaming with friends and then was still hard, plus the travel distance being so great that it was generally not worth doing.

I don't really get the problem, if you don't care about the gear. Don't do the dailies, do something else. Also, I prefer doing dailies over idleing in SW. As that was one of my main activities in Cata, I don't mind this change.

OP, I feel similar to you (also playing paladin, but prot with holy offspec, nvm I don't have gear for holy offspec, so no speech possible about 2nd offspec, ret, which I hate btw). PreMoP all progress could be done via dungeons (which I liked), in MoP it's all pigeonholed into dailies, otherwise suffer lottery in all it's ugliness. Meanwhile, prot dps is beyond horrible, it is few times lower to mobs relatively to what it was even in TBC (back when everyone laughed at tanks' dps), as you won't get any significant vengeance from fighting daily mobs (especially with constant ninja-tagging and a lot of convoluted grieving - e.g., when grievers pull their mobs in your aoe to get free kill). GC and his crew must be fired for this alone, but they keep tainting game systems and game core.

How did I cope with that? Back to raidlogging till my sub expires (which is, sadly, prepaid till spring of next year). If there will be no cardinal positive changes till that time (in example - replacement of current designers of game systems), I am more than happy with WoW on private servers, where WoW is in preCata state which wasn't corrupted much by GC and Activi$ion yet. And I won't care if Blizzard will finally introduce expansion-specific servers, it would be too little too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    You're right. We should just have a vendor that puts out heroic quality epics so that WoW would become more like our real jobs.

Sorry, was that not the point you were making? Your post was so stupid I didn't bother trying to understand where you were coming from.

OT: I wish people would actually consider the valor cap when you are complaining about what rep you need and when you need it by.

For example, let me break down my valor purchases for you:

Week 1: 1000 Valor, no rep needed
    Week 2: 2000 Valor Klaxxi Neck for 1250 valor, only need honored which you get from questing in dread wastes without dailies.
    Week 3: 1750 Valor Golden Lotus Ring for 1250 valor, only need honored with golden lotus to get this - maybe a week of dailies?
    Week 4: 1500 Valor, save for a big purchase
    Week 5: 2500 Valor, Golden Lotus chest for 2250 valor, revered at this point because I have had 5 weeks to get revered at this point
    Week 6: 1250 Valor, Shado pan cloak for 1250 valor, only need honored which is roughly 1 day worth of dailies assuming you have completed the normal quests.

As you can see, quite easy to just match your reputation gains to your valor instead of immediately trying to hit revered with every faction and doing endless amounts of dailies every time you log on.
    Yes valor is a huge gate. However you know what's an even bigger gate? Not doing dailies. That's an absolute and total gate currently. I mean some people just don't like doing dailies PERIOD. You can and probably should match it up but that's assuming you quested in dread wastes or any of the other relevant areas and it's also assuming you can tie your life to the game to get that sort of timing down. It also assumes you enjoy dailies at all.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make but I understand sometimes it's hard to accept when other people don't agree that the current system is good. If you didn't bother to read how could you even attempt to know what my point was?
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Panda dailys are LAME, F****** LONG, R****** and quest item droprate is too low (MF dailys quest item was 100%).

I only got Shadow pan and Celestials left (+ doing village dailys on my BS alt for motes), so yeah if you raid hardcore its a burnout because every upgrade counts.
    I must be getting old, because I can't figure out what swear word "R******" stands for . . .

Sorry I didn't read every post, did someone who is complaining about the dailies actually give a legitimate answer on why they feel they have to do the dailies? Something beyond, "I want the stuff" or something like that?

How many of you are in those world first guilds that is so cutting edge that you'll be replaced if you finish grinding rep a week later than as soon as humanly possible? Zero, and that's not a guess that's a certainty, because if you were you wouldn't care about grinding. With that out of the way we're back to you want things, you just don't want to have to do something to get your things, or you want to do a particular something different for your things. On the latter, you're still spending time to get to your things so time isn't your issue it's just you wanting things your way. Let's take that a step further, a pvp player only wants the scorpion mount, should he be able to put a tabard on and gain klaxxi rep from battlegrounds?

If PvPers can gain access to PvE things in such a fashion, then it's only fair for the street to go both ways. Now someone who raids should be able to get high-end PvP gear without ever touching PvP content if that's their desire. What if I found doing dungeons dreadful, but wanted the gear from dungeons. Should I be able to just do simple solo quests to acquire points then pick an item from any bosses loot table? Is it starting to sound silly to you yet?

Long story short, throttle your dailies or just don't do them. You do not have to do them to survive. If this is so bad for you that you can't stand it, then you should try a different game. That's not meant to be offensive at all, maybe LoL or HoN is more your style, give them a go and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    ok OP, I don't play WoW anymore so have no clue about this dailies. That said, if you don't like them, don't do them. When next patch comes, you'll get more stuff for VP at VP vendor and be able to get that, or that's how it was in both WotLK and Cata. You could do dungeons, I'm sure there's stuff that will get you in LFR from there.

Or, if things still work as they did in Cata, play a lot of PvP and get the PvP gear for the ilvl in your bags.
    You can't buy VP items unless you do dailies. There is no longer one vendor, different pieces are scattered between vendors that require you have a certain rep with them to obtain. And some reps you can't get until you've reached revered with others. Do you are forced to do dailies to advance.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    you pretty much said it yourself, you don't need the valor gear. why all these stupid complaint threads about something 100% optional...
    Optional would imply that whether you do it or not has no bearing on your character, but that isn't true is it? There are crafting recipes locked to faction rep, so that doesn't make those optional if you have a profession that needs one of those recipes. You could say that having professions is optional, or that wearing gear is optional, or leveling is optional, but at the end of the day those "Optional" things are not very optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    You can't buy VP items unless you do dailies. There is no longer one vendor, different pieces are scattered between vendors that require you have a certain rep with them to obtain. And some reps you can't get until you've reached revered with others. Do you are forced to do dailies to advance.
    Or you could skip valor items and gear via lfr.

Seriously are you doing this alone? Each day I do dailies with 4 of my friends, everyone of us does another q (all of them are near each other so we get credit for all), we talk, we laugh, its fun. Finally we have something to do between raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you would have hated TBC...LOL

Getting rep to get heroic keys, to get into heroics ooooh the days, when did you join the game?
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    ME ME ME ME ME.

I hated grinding dungeons with tabards for rep. So who's right?
    I never said to get rid of the dailies for those that like them did I? You should do us all a favor and learn to read before talking out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    oh look , more wrath babies crying about dailies

you aren't forced to do dailies .. get over it
    Even with skipping some here and there I am now done with all of them. If you actually do them all it takes a few days be become revered with any faction and for most of them that is all you need to unlock anything beyond mats and one crafting recipe. This is no different then doing dailies in Cata, Wrath or BC. The big change is now we are able to do more so ppl end up doing more and getting pissed off. If need be only do the 25 or less that you would have done in the past and stop pissing yourself off with a game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I never said to get rid of the dailies for those that like them did I? You should do us all a favor and learn to read before talking out of your ass.
    Don't bother. This debate has been hashed out so many fucking times. It's become apparent that if any other options are presented than dailies just fall apart and they must be maintained as the sole source of rep in this game, choice be damned.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Even with skipping some here and there I am now done with all of them. If you actually do them all it takes a few days be become revered with any faction and for most of them that is all you need to unlock anything beyond mats and one crafting recipe. This is no different then doing dailies in Cata, Wrath or BC. The big change is now we are able to do more so ppl end up doing more and getting pissed off. If need be only do the 25 or less that you would have done in the past and stop pissing yourself off with a game.
    A few days is a clever euphamism. It's alot more than a few days unfortunately. Dailies in cata I didn't have to touch.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Or you could skip valor items and gear via lfr.
    With only 6 bosses a week and no guarantee of getting gear. I've done lfr every week and haven't seen a single piece drop for me. That's a horrible way of getting gear since its only once a week.

Yes valor is a huge gate. However you know what's an even bigger gate? Not doing dailies. That's an absolute and total gate currently. I mean some people just don't like doing dailies PERIOD. You can and probably should match it up but that's assuming you quested in dread wastes or any of the other relevant areas and it's also assuming you can tie your life to the game to get that sort of timing down. It also assumes you enjoy dailies at all.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make but I understand sometimes it's hard to accept when other people don't agree that the current system is good. If you didn't bother to read how could you even attempt to know what my point was?
    Um, if you don't like doing dailies then don't do them? The gear isn't mandatory, it's not even a full set, it just fills gaps.

If you can't afford to spend 45 mins a night doing dailies, or would prefer not to, then just don't do them and raid with the gear you have (which I assume is at the least 463 in every socket with Sha boots and chance at LFR epics, so perfectly capable of doing MV and Heart of Fear).

I was trying to address the thread in general, because I find points which aren't grounded in logic are generally hard to refute so why bother arguing with you?

The current system is miles ahead of "here is a vendor for a free set of epics" especially since you can easily afford to ignore dailies all together unless you are running heroic modes (in which case 45 mins a night for better progression seems like an easy price to pay).

Sorry, did I miss your point again? Honestly, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    Go out by the Shado-pan area there is one vendor there that has all the JP gear another has all the VP gear. You can also get a few valor items at honored with the faction which is very easy and quick to do besides Shado-pan and August Celestials and even with them it only takes a few days to unlock and get to honored.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."