Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Except it is pretty much the best feature implemented in any MMO... I bet you are one of those who thinks CRZ players steal "your" nodes...
    They do, actually. Since when farming (ore, herbs, battle pets) you merge onto another server, the competition for those node increases, making farming more time consuming and less fun since there is basically triple to quadruple the number of people farming the same stuff you are. Now if I could just be left alone to farm on my own server without other people bothering me I could get the tedious farming over and done with and then go back to doing other stuff.

inb4 "but dis is mmo, ther r supos 2 be lotsa ppl lawl"

We shouldn't be forced into MMO in every single aspect of the game because WoW has never been THIS immersed with multitudes of people in every area.. When I am out soloing (farming, questing, taking screenshots of my assend against a sunset) I WANT TO BE SOLO.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSizeIt View Post
    Well, I can understand why they wouldn't do that, same reason they don't want questing in raids. It would undermine things like dailies if people could just clump up and aoe everything and be done in 30 seconds. But it would be nice if named quest mobs in old zones acted as they do in Pandaria.
    Blizzard undermined the levelling process long ago by making it so I can't go wrong if I fall asleep at my keyboard just as long as I keep a number key pressed. Getting rid of mob tagging could hardly make it less trivial and would get rid of lot of aggravation. What is the use of CRZ bringing more people in the levelling zones if that's the last thing we want to see because of game design?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSizeIt View Post
    I'm not sure I see the issue with that, it sounds akin to running around unflagged with someone flagged for PvP. Unless you mean that the ganker could not attack a healer they could not see?
    You're horde. You got CRZ disabled.
    Some other horde (B) on your realm is nearby.
    Horde B has CRZ active.

Horde B gets attacked by someone from another realm.

So no, it's not the least similar to running around with someone who's PvP flagged on a PvE realm, in the CRZ case you'd literally be watching your realm-kinsman die, and you can't even see the player attacking.

Allowing CRZ just undermines the whole purpose. Sure, I can understand that people wants to turn it off for some reasons, like being safer while leveling or gathering without seeing someone from another realm snatch it, but no, this is a feature that should never be optional, and most likely never will be either.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-10-30 at 11:24 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

It's cute that they're ignoring the thousands of posts and threads on this. I don't think they realize just how many people are not liking this expansion and with the annual pass coming off now is not the time to be pissing off their customers. Mists of Pandailya is getting old and it's only a month in. I guess there is still time to junk the crz "feature", can't really call it a feature since that word implies benefits, and nix the dailycentric mess and they'll retain customers. But that time is running out.

CRZs would be great, IF there was actually group content outside of the instances that a system already exists for. Instead, we get redesigned cata zones catered toward fast, SOLO leveling (group quests were removed and turned into scenarios, which also, guess what, have their own system). So what incentive do i have to group with other players while leveling? None, im going to solo my way to 85 just like ive always done. Now i have to deal with twirps who cant handle a fair fight and (if you're a hunter) deal with the same BS spawn rates on rare pets with triple the amount of people camping them. This whole system seems to be in place to show games like Guild Wars 2 that they can still play with the big boys, which wasn't necessary in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Correction: the wants of the people who only whine about it.

The people who are whining about CRZ are NOT the majority of players. Most people who like the feature makes no comment on it whatsoever, as they're busy enjoying the game as it should instead of whining and wasting their own time about a feature that's only going to improve the more iteration is done on it.

Honestly, the moment most of the bugs and timezone issues are ironed out, I doubt people would even notice CRZ.
    Nope. Sorry buddy boy but that's just not true. See everyone I know in the game hates it. Not just dislikes it but doesn't really care, but actually hates the living crap out of it and complain constantly in gchat and realid statuses. None of them go to the forums. None of them come here. You just blindly thinking that because millions are out there playing the game and not complaining on the forums doesn't magically make them love crz. Maybe in your make believe world all inside your head, but the rest of us are centered in reality.

Now go ahead, you can come back and claim everyone you know loves it. Doesn't really matter. You can tell by the forums what the people in the game feel. It's a lot like political polling or nielson ratings. Sure you're not getting every single persons opinion on it, but you're getting a percentage. And based on that you can tell what everyone thinks with a small margin of error. Based on the complaints, people hate crz and they hate daily rep grinding. That's a fact. It's not 100% sure. But it's enough that Blizzard should smarten up and listen or they repeat what happened in Cata. They were stubborn back then too and paid the price for it.

Please explain the benefiets of CRZ, please enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Good to see they are not bowing to player pressure to remove CRZ.
    I have yet to see a good explanation of why CRZ is a god thing. I only see downsides. Can anyone give me what they see as a benefit, or what has been said was a benefit, other than more people in my way?

It's not like anyone ever helps anyone, and you can group cross realm with out CRZ so you can play with your friends so that's not it. and if you want a random group use dungeon finder. I'm not finding a compelling reason for CRZ.

Maybe I'm missing it, can someone please enlighten me?

Solution: Cancel your account, like a boss, and play something that is actually fun.

Or accept that blizzard does not now, nor have they really ever cared about player feedback in the short term, sure if the community spends YEARS complaining or begging for a feature they will implement it, but their basic idea has always been "We know whats fun for you, now shut up and do what we tell you".

Annual pass ended this month and (video game wise) it's been one of the single most satisfying moments I've ever had to press that cancel button and walk away from blizzard.

i love CRZ, ive had a blast with it. It was actually really fun leveling my monk and actually seeing other players in the world. Yea i got ganked a few times. No big deal. I dont understand all the crying about it honestly. People complained about low pop servers and wanted server merging blah blah. They introduce CRZ and pow the worlds are more populated without merging servers. IMO get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by uncannyllama View Post
    i love CRZ, ive had a blast with it. It was actually really fun leveling my monk and actually seeing other players in the world. Yea i got ganked a few times. No big deal. I dont understand all the crying about it honestly. People complained about low pop servers and wanted server merging blah blah. They introduce CRZ and pow the worlds are more populated without merging servers. IMO get over it.
    I am on a low pop server and i did want server merging done this badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: "I hate PvP realms, why did you allow PvP to happen on them, Blizz? Remove plz."

People are going to start thinking before they select PvP realms or PvE realms I think.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorns View Post
    ....other than more people in my way?
    This confuses me. You're playing an MMO. Perhaps single player games are more your style..?

I mean there must be SOME reason you play an MMO, it can't just be, "so I have an audience to show off my mounts and gear to" is it? It seems like that is literally the only use people have for other players these days. "Help me get my gear and achievements, and then worship me as a god as I sit on your mailboxes and bask you in my radiance."

and you can group cross realm with out CRZ so you can play with your friends so...
    False. Grouping cross-realm to quest together was not an option pre-CRZ, even with realID. You could only run instanced activities. Now you can group with people even without realID, outside of instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamagotchi View Post
    And it's great! This is a game about a war between noble alliance and dreadful horde, they kill each other, you know? Great step towards the heart and soul of warcraft. Less farming, more pvp!
    Yeah except that Alliance chose to attack first. They're the "noble" ones.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    People are going to start thinking before they select PvP realms or PvE realms I think.
    That's what this is all really about. People that *should* be on PvE realms are playing on PvP realms and haven't realised they made that mistake because Blizzard had made them almost exactly the same for so long (especially on realms like "Thaurissan" which was like 10+:1 in the horde to alliance ratio).

All the other issues brought up will be solved in time but this "problem" will persist.

I admit that I haven't played a lot recently (still got an active account but haven't played in any CRZs) but in theory this is *exactly* what an MMO should be (and will be from here on forwards if Blizzard sticks to their plan). It needs work but will pull through in the end. It's not a fundamentally flawed idea.... like real names on the forums!

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ needs to stay. People need to stop crying about ganking and fighting over nodes, its been a part of the game for a long time.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    This confuses me. You're playing an MMO. Perhaps single player games are more your style..?
    MMO means playing with other players to achieve same goals. MMO doesn't mean playing against other players to achieve same goal unless it means some PvP activity (and WoW is primarily PvE-based game).

When you do some 5-men, you play with other players to achieve same goal. When you go to mining node you play against other players to achieve same goal. When you have to wait in queue for mobs or barely see resource nodes or rares, it is not you, it is because other players are playing against you.

With CRZ, thus whole overworld is against player, and not only just other faction, but multiple realms at once. People don't play games to stare at queue, wait for mob respawns, etc. If you enjoy such grieving kind of "competition", you might have some serious problems you are not really aware of.

But to embrace the sad truth, Actiblizzard won't remove CRZ. It allows them to cut expenses on hardware multiple times. They don't care about players' feedback on CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    MMO means playing with other players to achieve same goals. MMO doesn't mean playing against other players to achieve same goal unless it means some PvP activity (and WoW is primarily PvE-based game).

When you do some 5-men, you play with other players to achieve same goal. When you go to mining node you play against other players to achieve same goal. When you have to wait in queue for mobs or barely see resource nodes or rares, it is not you, it is because other players are playing against you.

With CRZ, thus whole overworld is against player, and not only just other faction, but multiple realms at once. People don't play games to stare at queue, wait for mob respawns, etc. If you enjoy such grieving kind of "competition", you might have some serious problems you are not really aware of.

But to embrace the sad truth, Actiblizzard won't remove CRZ. It allows them to cut expenses on hardware multiple times. They don't care about players' feedback on CRZ.
    I'm sure they'll eventually copy Guild Wars 2 and have no more fighting over resource nodes, mobs or quests. Makes leveling far better and you actually are happy that others are in your area.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2012-10-31 at 02:24 PM.

I'll never be happy that others are in my area, unless it's inside a dungeon or raid instance. Ever. /glare

Broken disjointed zones borders.
    No say in what kind of community I get to play in/with.
    People using increased anonymity to be tools.

What's to hate? Business as usual for an MMO.

99% of the problem with CRZ and questing in general is idiots who sit afk on npcs and mailboxes, and horde who intentionally NPC camp to start world pvp/provoke guards into killing unwitting alliance, and vice versa. If blizzard would just add a click-through hotkey LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO, it would solve the problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if the just scrapped the whole CRZ. If there's empty realms, then shut them down and offer the players free migrations to any other realm instead. Or at the very least, make CRZ optional for us who like almost empty zones where one can do stuff in peace.