Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    who the fu gives a rats arse about gamespot ? Game reviewers are as corrupt as politicians and nothing they say matter at all.

What matters are ppl who play they game constantly. Not some tosser testing out the game for about 5 hours before he goes back to cod or fifa

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    No, that is not what it says; it says they "lack the thrill of discovery".

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:48 PM ----------

7.5 isn't bad at all. I know in school I was very very happy if I got a 7.5.
    The guy edited it out.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Why is 7.5 considered bad?
    Are games used to be rated above 8.5 or 9?

btw, I personally don't care about ratings, I go by my own experience.
    But I do think that people who want to start playing, check out what is being said about the game.
    There is could have some impact. Also it could be that players who stopped, will take these ratings into consideration.

So that part of the audience who trusts gamespot, will take it into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Why is 7.5 considered bad?
    Are games used to be rated above 8.5 or 9?
    A 7.5 isn't that bad for games in general, but it is still way below Blizzard's expectations. They used to make amazing games that easily reach a 9+ score, and people expect them to keep that tradition. If Blizzard keeps making 7.5 - 8.5 rated games, they may be demoted from ''amazing developer'' to ''mediocre''.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Gamespot gave the best JRPG of the PS2 generation, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter an 8 / 10. They gave the worst JRPG of the PS2 generation, Final Fantasy X, a 9.3 and an "Editor's Choice" award. Fuck them. Gamespot is populated by a bunch of idiots. I'd rather trust some homeless guy on the streets that doesn't even play games.
    I forced myself to finish Dragon Quarter. Never before had i ever been so bored by a JRPG. I don't even get why they had to call it BoF, it has no connection to the franchise outside a few names.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds dead on to me.

Saying the pet battle system lacks the "thrill of discovery" implies the reviewer did it for about five minutes. Sure there's no shortage of snakes, rabbits, gophers and such, but hunting down each one of them is surprisingly obsessive work. Not to mention the thrill of finding a rare, or a unique pet, or a rare unique pet, such as the rare Twilight Fiendling I nabbed this morning. I let out a whoop when the trap sprang. Not ashamed to admit that.

On a side note, I tried to name him Mr Bitey. Apparently both Mr and Mister are "mature language," which sort of makes sense in the most backwards way possible, but meh. He's Professor Bitey now anyway.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2012-10-31 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Saying the pet battle system lacks the "thrill of discovery" implies the reviewer did it for about five minutes. Sure there's no shortage of snakes, rabbits, gophers and such, but hunting down each one of them is surprisingly obsessive work. Not to mention the thrill of finding a rare, or a unique pet, or a rare unique pet, such as the rare Twilight Fiendling I nabbed this morning. I let out a whoop when the trap sprang. Not ashamed to admit that.
    I think it was meant as everything is pretty predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I think it was meant as everything is pretty predictable.
    You say that, but when you've got a really, really rare little thing staring at you and it's not quite under 35%, you get a little sweaty worrying about whether this next attack is going to crit or not and murder him. Or your team's pretty banged up after a catch and the other two mobs may very well wipe you out and invalidate the catch. Or you use Sandstorm to mitigate your outgoing damage, then lob a softball and kill the Tiny Twister because oops, forgot elementals ignore weather effects. That also happened this morning.

Deleted
    Someone thinks the game I sink far too much of my available time into is only worth a 7.5??? They MUST be corrupt!

Quote Originally Posted by Vancleave View Post
    Vanilla : 7/10
    Burning crusade : 8/10
    Wrath of lich king : 9/10
    Cataclysm : 4.5/10
    Mists of pandaria (this far) : 5.5/10

My opinion

Really? WotlK 9/10? Wotlk made wow what it is today... a casual nub train.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Reason #4025 why internet opinions are largely dismissible.
    Rofl, my thoughts exactly. This kid is trolling so hard I can't even muster the strength to quote him myself lmao

If I only played games that guy high ratings from game spot I'd play a lot of games I don't enjoy.

For me, MoP is the best expansion since TBC.

Going purely on terms of raiding content, which is all I care about, MoP so far has been very solid:

1) TBC
    2) MoP (so far)
    3) Cataclysm
    4) Vanilla
    5) WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VgerAN View Post
    I hope this is a joke but I'm not sure... though they use the same letters in their names, GameSpot is not the same thing as GameStop.
    Damn my brain for playing fill in the blanks! It was Gamestop not Gamespot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Really? WotlK 9/10? Wotlk made wow what it is today... a casual nub train.
    Sorry, didn't know you killed every boss in ICC on Heroic Pre Nerf, and the same goes for Ulduar, and ToC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    oh a 7.5 meh then i wont buy mop... if its that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible review, read it and its so empty. 7.5 is about right, as much as I love it, its still wow, still feels like i'm playing a game I played 7 years ago and as such deserves an average score. could be worse could be a new game that feels like its 7 years old like swtor.