Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apology View Post
    This is 100% true. It's kind of depressing that people find such generic music more enjoyable rather than something artistic, unique or innovative. If all you want from your music is a catchy tune that gets stuck in your head, then good for you, go for your life. Obviously lots of people like it, so it's making people happy at least. But I find it sad that this stuff gets more love than anything else. There's other stuff which deserves the attention more.

I might be biased, seeing as I'm speaking from the perspective of a musician. But oh well
    I think the problem is how accessible they are. Music like Taylor Swift's is easy to get into. Simple rhythms, simple lyrics, and traditional instruments. Compare that to something like Faust, or even an album like Loveless. Those aren't really something you can hop in the car with and listen to a couple of singles and just bob your head to. It took me a couple of times listening to those albums to really appreciate them. Katie Perry, and Justin Bieber are loved so much because they are easy to love.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apology View Post
    This is 100% true. It's kind of depressing that people find such generic music more enjoyable rather than something artistic, unique or innovative. If all you want from your music is a catchy tune that gets stuck in your head, then good for you, go for your life. Obviously lots of people like it, so it's making people happy at least. But I find it sad that this stuff gets more love than anything else. There's other stuff which deserves the attention more.

I might be biased, seeing as I'm speaking from the perspective of a musician. But oh well
    Lady Gaga is my favorite singer, yeah now hold on let me finish. One she is amazing. I love her songs. I love what she stands up for. I've been to both of her concerts, they're bloody amazing. She's made me cry. Helped me from not committing suicide. Inspirational speeches at her concerts - which made me cry. She is my role model. She has preformed multiple rally's for gay rights. She cares about her little monsters (fans). You may say she is weird I say she is different. Difference = good. You may say that's she is all just catchy tunes. You're wrong.

I love Lady Gaga for way more reasons, then just catchy tunes.

Anyways good on taylor swift!

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Lady Gaga is my favorite singer, yeah now hold on let me finish. One she is amazing. I love her songs. I love what she stands up for. I've been to both of her concerts, they're bloody amazing. She's made me cry. Helped me from not committing suicide. Inspirational speeches at her concerts - which made me cry. She is my role model. She has preformed multiple rally's for gay rights. She cares about her little monsters (fans). You may say she is weird I say she is different. Difference = good. You may say that's she is all just catchy tunes. You're wrong.

I love Lady Gaga for way more reasons, then just catchy tunes.

Anyways good on taylor swift!
    You know it all comes down to only pretentious people look down on someone for their music choice.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

I am a fan of her song writing skills, but it is getting heavily repetitive. You would assume when everyone is making the same joke about you would get it finally. The guy she was dating for two months she just broke up with so big surprise what her entire next album will be about. Her ability to write about her personel life is a gift in the form of cash, but a curse that she will never have a stable relationship.

Anyways my two favorite songs are Fifteen and Mean. Maybe if that kid in California who shot up his class had listened to Mean he might have done something different.

She's 23. Stable relationships are overrated at this age.

To go back inn time when wow launched to exsperience wow again, with all the knowledge you now have, or to go back to the 80's where rock music was the mainstream...

That is the question. Also I love how Eminem hold the last record - I actually tough he was kinda..unique back then, but now days I see him being like any other rapper...teaming up with pop artistest and making shitty R&B music.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Anyways my two favorite songs are Fifteen and Mean. Maybe if that kid in California who shot up his class had listened to Mean he might have done something different.
    Mean is a great song. Someone showed it to me the other night and I couldn't help but like it. It's rare for a pop star to write anything meaningful, but I agree that it's a song that has potential to give some people a small amount of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    To go back inn time when wow launched to exsperience wow again, with all the knowledge you now have, or to go back to the 80's where rock music was the mainstream...

That is the question. Also I love how Eminem hold the last record - I actually tough he was kinda..unique back then, but now days I see him being like any other rapper...teaming up with pop artistest and making shitty R&B music.
    Eminem is a good example. He used to write about his break up with Kim, but after that stabalized he moved onto some of his back work as a artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Mean is a great song. Someone showed it to me the other night and I couldn't help but like it. It's rare for a pop star to write anything meaningful, but I agree that it's a song that has potential to give some people a small amount of hope.
    Have you heard Change? I love that song precisely because of this.

I picture Berlin, August 1989 when I hear those lyrics every time. Mean's cool but not quite as inspiring.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2013-01-11 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

I'd kill for a chance to go back in time and see Metallica's S&M concert way back when. I was still too young to be allowed to go to concerts so the opportunity wasn't there for me.

That, or maybe some Led Zeppelin way back in the day.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have problems with pop, I like Rihanna, Kate Perry, Justin Bieber, etc. ...but seriously, Taylor Swift songs are really really lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just love when moms say that Taylor Swift is such a great role model. She's had like 15 different boyfriends in 3 years. Not that I think there is anything wrong about that since she is famous and pretty hot, but it's just funny to me the reactions that mothers have.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I just love when moms say that Taylor Swift is such a great role model. She's had like 15 different boyfriends in 3 years. Not that I think there is anything wrong about that since she is famous and pretty hot, but it's just funny to me the reactions that mothers have.
    Well... when she popped up there's a rumour that she's sill holding her v-card... maybe those mothers are duped by that? We all know how easy it is to fool them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Well... when she popped up there's a rumour that she's sill holding her v-card... maybe those mothers are duped by that? We all know how easy it is to fool them
    I really want to date her and then dump her in the most ridiculous way possible ... Maybe then one of her songs will be good.

I really want to date her and then dump her in the most ridiculous way possible ... Maybe then one of her songs will be good.
    :gasp: You take that back!!!
    Also I guess that would be one way of ending up in a song >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    :gasp: You take that back!!!
    Also I guess that would be one way of ending up in a song >_>
    I will admit ... I have stooped so low to pick up drunk white girls that I did learn the lyrics to one of her songs so I could pretend to share an interest with them.

Why do break up songs make so much money? I would think logically that songs about staying together would be better. But I guess ... fuck happiness?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    her songs all sound very similar to me but id much rather listen to one or two of her songs vs justin bieber or a 4-5 min dubstep song that basically loops itself every 20 secs

I will admit ... I have stooped so low to pick up drunk white girls that I did learn the lyrics to one of her songs so I could pretend to share an interest with them.
    I am shocked and outraged!

Why do break up songs make so much money? I would think logically that songs about staying together would be better. But I guess ... fuck happiness?
    It's obvious. People wants to feel better after a breakup, which is what cheery breakup songs do, others are still sad and wants to wallow, which is what sad breakup songs do. Staying together songs while you are still a loving couple is just redundant.

She's not really all that many breakup songs though... Fearless, Ours, Enchanted?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am shocked and outraged!

It's obvious. People wants to feel better after a breakup, which is what cheery breakup songs do, others are still sad and wants to wallow, which is what sad breakup songs do. Staying together songs while you are still a loving couple is just redundant.

She's not really all that many breakup songs though... Fearless, Ours, Enchanted?
    I guess you have a point. I listen to death metal after a break up to let my anger out lol

Hey you pump enough money into a skinny attractive girl who can kind of sing and what do you know, people buy it.