Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down ppl complaining about Challenge Modes

i knew this was gonna happen. u see it everywhere. people are complaining about how hard it is and that only a select few will actually get the whole transmog set.

YES, THAT IS THE FUKIN POINT.

blizz even said themselves that this is for "them" who is "them" u say? SKILLED PLAYERS.

noobs and casuals already have a shit ton of content for them, finally, something for the hardcore. (which was LONG overdue)
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

gonna /popcorn and see what happens to this thread. interested to see any possible drama pop up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge modes whats that never heard of such thing. Is that tillers daily quest?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    gonna /popcorn and see what happens to this thread. interested to see any possible drama pop up.
    Well he's not wrong... that's exactly the point of challenge modes. The mog set is cosmetic only so I see no problem with it being really difficult to get. However making a thread pretty much saying exactly what Blizz has been saying all along seems a bit pointless to me.

yes, its for the skilled player. but in Blizzard's view, EVENTUALLY everyone is skilled enough, so eventually everyone will get the transmog set.

I'm curious if people are having trouble finding well balanced groups, because there are like 2 maybe 3 classes that have decent looking sets and the rest are kinda fugly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I'm curious if people are having trouble finding well balanced groups, because there are like 2 maybe 3 classes that have decent looking sets and the rest are kinda fugly.
    That's the big problem lol. As a Shaman I have no desire or motivation to even bother with challenge modes.

I've done one challenge mode so far... And wow. People who wanted TBC-Heroic difficult dungeons got what they asked for. I am all for them, they are punishingly hard, and by Blizzard's own admission, won't be nerfed to accommodate lesser players, but only balanced if a certain mechanic is too over-tuned, which at this point, none seem to be.

Did it take me and my friends more than 1 try on most bosses? Yup. We also opted to do the daily run that day.... Stormstout Brewery. Great choice that was... but we know HOW to do it now. Just took us a few minutes shy of 2hrs to finish it.

As to incentive to run them:
    Title at all Bronze
    Mount at all Silver
    Transmog Set at all Gold
    E-peen growth as your times get better and are posted on a publicly-viewable leaderboard.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-11-01 at 04:54 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    but in Blizzard's view, EVENTUALLY everyone is skilled enough, so eventually everyone will get the transmog set.
    wtf? i call bs
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    "See it everywhere" I've seen one post about it so far.
    Challenge modes are supposed to be CHALLENING. Nuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue with Challenge Modes are described as thus:

A) The Hardcore players don't want to do them because it's a waste of time that could be spent doing things productive to raiding/getting ready to raid, seeing as the armour has no stats as is purely aesthetic.
    B) The Casual players don't have the skill necessary to be able to complete the challenge modes at the required speed to get the mog armour.

Blizzard said the ones they believed would be the ones to do the challenge modes are the retired hardcore raiders, player who have been top level raiders but no longer have the time to do raids. But you have to consider, how many of those players exist?

My guess is very, very few.

So then comes the question, if say, only 1% of your game population gets to be able acquire this gear, arn't you falling back on the "Vanilla Naxxramas" model? Which is something Blizz has stated they wanted to move away from, case in point being: LFR.

LFR lets the casual players see the content that Blizzard works on, while still having the challenge for the hardcore/semi hardcore players.

So by this logic, people would say to either: "Make the challenge modes easier so more people can acquire the gear." or "Make the gear have stats on it so it provides an incentive for the raiders to want to go and get this gear."

I think both of these arguments both contradict what this gear is meant to signify.

Take for example, a military General. When you see these gentlemen walking around or on TV or wherever, you see that their uniforms have many, MANY different adornments, which signify that they've had a long and distinguished career serving their country, but are no longer able to server on the front lines, due to being elderly.

The Challenge mode gear was said to have been acquirable by retired veteran raiders who no longer raid, so this armour is their medal that says "I killed Illidan and banished Kil'jaeden back when it was current content, and still have the skill and knowledge to be able to get this."

So, to all the people out there who are less experienced at raiding, but bitch and complain about not being able to get this gear, I humbly and respectfully say:

Learn To Play.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

They already said very clearly they want the challenge mode gear to be for prestige.
    So I believe them when they say they aren't going to nerf it.
    Casual players get to see the same content in heroics, it they want the extra prestige rewards they have to do the non-faceroll version of the dungeons.

It is simply unfortunate that so many of the sets are so damn ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    The issue with Challenge Modes are described as thus:

A) The Hardcore players don't want to do them because it's a waste of time that could be spent doing things productive to raiding/getting ready to raid, seeing as the armour has no stats as is purely aesthetic.
    [/B]
    this... I cant get people in my guild to do them with me cause they feel there is no real benefit

I'm surprised people are taking a grenade thread seriously....

I haven't bothered to try them yet, but I would suspect it's just a bunch of figuring out different ways to skip trash for the most part, and doing gudder for the other parts. Most of the sets don't look that great either imo.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-11-01 at 05:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why any raider wouldn't want this armor, it's badass. I wanna get it but I don't have any friends that want to do it.

Deleted
    Challenge modes are more then fine in their current form, that is what heroic mode dungeons should have been like but with no time pressure so they actually live up to their name, with normal mode being for people that is not so skilled, but i guess that wont happen.

Stop saying skill all challenge modes are is time/invested only world first and arena tournaments are arguably talent. They don't need a nerf just take the time to learn pulls and bring the right class compositions.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

The OP is complaining about people complaining. Well played sir!

It's also fuckin obvious people were going to complain about it. People complain about anything, your OP proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    i knew this was gonna happen. u see it everywhere. people are complaining about how hard it is and that only a select few will actually get the whole transmog set.
    Funny thing is.... I haven't seen these complaint threads, only yours complaining about complaint threads that are supposedly everywhere. Just another person wanting to complain just to complain.

OT: Challenge Modes are fine, I'm looking forward to setting up a team to really start tackling them now that everyone is getting into the groove of the expansion.