Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There are people who will deliberately grief because it is a PvP realm. I wouldn't want to defend those type of players, but in general yes it is okay to gank. I personally choose my targets carefully. Playing on a RP-PvP realm, I enjoy ganking the non-RPers. Poor little kids, they chose the wrong realm. ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    There are people who will deliberately grief because it is a PvP realm. I wouldn't want to defend those type of players, but in general yes it is okay to gank. I personally choose my targets carefully. Playing on a RP-PvP realm, I enjoy ganking the non-RPers. Poor little kids, they chose the wrong realm. ;-)
    How do you know they're non-rp-ers ?! If you mean because they have names like Ipwnudie from guild Super Cool Shadow Ninja Viper Kings from Hell, then I'd gank and camp them just because they're fricking morons.

Deleted
    Anything goes on a PvP server, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not a question of honorable or not honorable combat, its a question of "hey I rolled a character on a PVP server, I know the risks involved in doing so." Someday that noob horde troll priest is going to grow up and be a potential problem for the alliance, might as well kill him as many times as possible to prevent him from growing up so fast. just my 2 cents.
    More like "hey I'm a freaking douchebag so I'll ruin this guy's play experience then brag to all my friends that I made this guy rage quit after camping him for an hour".

It's even better when it's like this: "I was camping this guy for 20 minutes but then a level 90 came and I bolted out of there cause I'm so bad".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    There was this couple in our guild. She says "Some guy tried to gank me but I can escape easily as a druid, I sure showed him", her bf says "awesome, hun". I was like /epic facepalm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster View Post
    I think most people do in-game what they'd like to do in real life. If you think is fine to kill someone who has little to no change of survive (low HP, big trash pull, outnumber, fighting rares, bla bla bla) then you are a game-prank and posibly a real-life too.
    Everybody knows what is good and wrong, and ganking is far from being morally correct. You win with a lot of advantage.

I do not promote ganking. I know there are other people behind that screen and their time worth for them the same as mine. There are places where you can get fair fights. If you like to win the ez way, you are either a kill-handy capped or a moral one.

This is absolutely true, on weekends I dress up as my rogue INRL and the go on a stabbing spree around town, especially if I see someone fighting someone else. I particularly like to stab people around and ATM since fighting for recourses is what it's all about. I learned this from my PvP realm. Sometimes security guards or even the police chase me but that’s ok, it just means that the one I just killed was a coward who tried to hide behind the guards. Children are fun too since I out level them, I stab them and hope they call for their parents or bring friends so we can have a little good old brawl with my crew.

Since I’m this way INRL it’s good that I can play on a PvP realm in WoW for giggles since it reminds me of who I really am. This is true for all of us who gank on PvP realms.

True story.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf872d270; 2012-11-01 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    There was this couple in our guild. She says "Some guy tried to gank me but I can escape easily as a druid, I sure showed him", her bf says "awesome, hun". I was like /epic facepalm.
    Isnt it just plain sad that people like that exist? I mean, wtf do you roll on a PvP server to be a pacifist and not engage in PvP?

I ask this question to all people against this: Why the hell roll on a PvP server if all you do is bitch and moan that you dont want to engage in PvP combat?

PvP on a PvP server, working as intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    More like "hey I'm a freaking douchebag so I'll ruin this guy's play experience then brag to all my friends that I made this guy rage quit after camping him for an hour".

It's even better when it's like this: "I was camping this guy for 20 minutes but then a level 90 came and I bolted out of there cause I'm so bad".
    Gank low levels do humping animation and run away from real pvp. Thats what i call pvp.

I already did a thread about this and everyone throwed bottles at me.

Truth is that pvp servers are filled with wotlkstarters (point is that on my server before wotlk only one guild pved and they were laughed at, then when wotlk hit all old pvpers just disappeared) doing nothing but grief.
    So go ahead kite the honor vendor so they understand what griefing really is.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-11-01 at 06:02 PM.

this thread is full of 12 year olds complaining that people are bigger than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    When anyone rolls a new character on a PvP Realm, the game gives you fair warning of the consequences of doing so. That being said, if a player is out leveling their character, and a high level player swoops down and gank rapes the lowbie, is that okay? They were fairly warned BEFORE rolling on the server that things like that may happen.

Is it morally okay to gank like this? Do you give a fair pass to players who choose to gank lowbies for the "fun of it"? Personally, all my characters are on PvP realms. I think playing on a PvE server is a spineless way to play the game, and there is no war in the World of WARcraft. There is no anxiety that at any moment someone could swoop down from a flying mount and rape you. Thats the thrill you get when you play on a PvP server, and in the same token, its the risk you take.

Often, I will go on "gank sprees" as i like to call it, and find unsuspecting players and stalk them for a bit. Ill even let them know of my presence by /waving to them, /laughing at them, and /spitting on them, then ill proceed to mercilessly kill them, possibly several times to try to get them to bring a main or a guildie and start a PvP war. Its great fun, and I think its okay because of the stated rules by blizzard of a PvP server.
    I have no problem with ganking. I do it, it happens to me, no big deal. What's the point of having PvP servers otherwise? If people only want "fair" pvp then roll a PvE server where you can only PvP through duels, BG, and RGBs.

PS. Do you really need to use the word rape in that manner? It's a bit shameful that it has become part of many gamers lingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    I have no problem with ganking. I do it, it happens to me, no big deal. What's the point of having PvP servers otherwise? If people only want "fair" pvp then roll a PvE server where you can only PvP through duels, BG, and RGBs.

PS. Do you really need to use the word rape in that manner? It's a bit shameful that it has become part of many gamers lingo.
    I dunno, its just common terminology for excelling or dominating another player, or mobs or boss or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, it's okay, I especially love camping shamans because 90% of the cases they are retards thinking they can reincarnate and get away with it.

I'm fine with being ganked and such, but what i don't like is being camped when i'm lvling my lowbies and i don't like getting ganked when i'm really low on HP and some random coward decides to kill me AND fly up in the air as soon as possible because he doesn't have the balls to 1v1 me.

Deleted
    This is my tale about a normal pvp ganker that says "dont like pvp? go pve server":

I quested with my lvl 61 shammy and a lvl 89 warlock came down, ganked me and spit on my corpse and spammed sit to make it look offensive.

I ressed up and the same guy came down ganking me two more times.

Knowing that often younger people do this, i knew what was going to happen if i logged on my main for fair pvp. Yeah what did i expect? Ofcourse, she would fly away if she saw an equal level player.

Yup, when he saw me he flied away and avoided contact. I tried to hide but she saw me and ran away as much as she could even being higher level than i.

So, i wanted to use someone to pull her. I got in contact with another low level thats questing there and i said that he should shout out if he saw that ganker.

It worked. She ganked him and sitspammed his corpse while laughing at him and i came rolling into her face and killed her so damn hard spitting on her corpse and using all kind of emotions.

I tried to camp her but she ressed up and could fly away. And she avoided all contact. I got tired and logged back on my alt and she came down doing the same emotions as i did and spitspammed my corpse.

I came back on my lvl 87 monk and she were there up in the sky avoiding any contact.

I relogged on a lvl 1 alt in her server and asked her why she is so damn stupid. Yeah she said "dont like pvp servers? Reroll pve scrub "

All im asking is, a passive skill with no CD useable within 5000 yards that dismounts any flying player. Every damn guy in a pvp server should have this ability and it should only be used to people around your levels.

Thats the only problem i have in the pvp server. Otherwise, surprising world pvp is fun. Like you fly farming and suddenly a rope strangles your neck and your heart jumps and youre like "oh crap im on my pve gear."

The problem is that Blizzard wanted to go back on the roots but forgot they have flying mounts and 1.5 sec cast time on mounts making everyone a weaker version of a TBC druid..

Yeah i do expect to get ganked while playing in a pvp server. But if people are forcing me to stop me from questing, i expect myself to force the gankers to show whos the more skilled one, if skills actually do exist in this game.

Well thats my opinions about wpvp. Ive been pvping since vanilla. Ive been raiding towns in Ashenvale, STV, Arathi Highlands, Barrens Crossroads daily.
    I have been in raid groups of low levels trying to take down a full epic lvl 60 warrior and we succeeded after one hour. I have been playing a pvp server where only one guild pved and were laughed at. There you go.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-11-01 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    If your sole purpose right at the moment is to go to a low level zone, find a lowbie, and kill them, then yes I think it's immoral.

If you are otherwise doing something productive (Loremaster achievement?) and someone just happens to cross your path, then no I don't think it's immoral.
    I would agree with this...I don't have an issue with high levels who pass through lowbie areas while doing something else and kill a leveling lowbie of the opposite faction once. However, if there are 90s hanging out in lowbie areas for no reason other than they are bored and/or outright camping lowbies while killing them repeatedly, I think that's "immoral".

Yes, there is fair warning that you can be ganked when you roll on a pvp server yet the circumstances have changed a lot over the years. My example is that I've been on the same server since I started playing the game and over the past six years it went from a decently sized population to a practically dead server. When I started playing on it I wanted to be on a pvp server for the fun of it yet the highest level you'd find camping you was a 60. When I leveled my most recent character I would have much rather had a pve environment because CRZ made it nearly impossible for me to quest in certain areas without being ganked repeatedly by 90s on other servers, yet that wasn't really an option for me because all of my other characters and my guild are on my low population pvp server. It wouldn't have even been an issue leveling in those areas and getting ganked before CRZ was put in place as I probably would not have even seen a single person of the opposite faction while leveling.

If 90s flew by and ganked me once while they were doing something like looking for battle pets in STV it was whatever, but when there were multiple 90s hanging out over Thrallmar ganking every player they saw in the town for no reason it was a bit ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's ok and I will actively order a Guildbang on people that attempt to do it to me, members of my Guild or pretty much any person that I see who is in need of help.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Ganking is fun. Being ganked several times without any possibility to escape isn't. But it's the risk I'm willing to take.

I rarely ever gank people just because of the fact I don't want to be ganked myself. The more you gank (lvl 90 ganks) the more enemies you'll make and the higher the chance you'll be ganked yourself.

Though, when somebody ganks me while killing mobs or ganks me several times in a row without a fair chance I put them on my Kill on Sight list (the addon "Spy" has this feature, GREAT addon if you want to gank/be warned. It automatically detects nearby enemy players. You should really get that addon if you're into ganking ) and gank them when I see them.

Also, I get more joy out of annoying people rather than ganking. Killing nearby mobs/CCing them alone is fun to see them panic.

That defiantly works. The add on is amazing

Yes. That's what PvP servers are for. Randomly stalking people (especially lowbies) for no reason other than to gank/camp makes you a dick, but it's perfectly acceptable on a PvP server. You're signing up for that sort of thing when you play on a PvP server.

I usually don't gank unless it's in retaliation for something. If I see a horde player questing in the same zone where I'm questing, I'll usually leave him alone unless he attacks me first. It's fucking on from that point though.

I do think the game should be a little more clear on the difference between PvP servers and PvE servers when it comes to new players. I'm sure a lot of new players just hit the "suggest realm" button and go with whatever it gives them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate people that haven't got the balls to go fight 90s. I don't care if you are say, flying around mining then gank a low level and fly off. If you have to go hunt low level toons to sate your ego there is something wrong with you personally. Even if i come across someone on my own side camping a low level i abuse them. I am glade to say most the people that have to sate there ago this way are alliance on my realm. Hell they go around in packs hunting low levels they are that pathetic.

If you are good at wow you would go pick fights with 90s that can fight back.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    gank my alts once and you're dead within 5min, np