Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance destroying Horde in Battlegounds

So I PVPed last night all night in random BGs and for the first time I could not win one damn game for the 100 conquest points. Horde used to be able to win AB, EOTS, Gilneas and Silvershard but that's no longer the case. I would say our win ratio was around 30% but these 2 days it was like Alliance are winning 90+%. Maybe they're getting points much faster and outgear us, but I also can't deny they got more quality players. Is transferring to Alliance the only solution?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or Q up with better people
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Come Alliance. I'm sick of being outnumbered so terribly.

Deleted
    Not a solution at all. Over the course of any representative amount of games, your win/loss percentage will approach 50%. Even on the Healers I've played for more than 500 games (arbitrary number), the w/l % eventually drops to about 50%.

There's no reason to think that Alliance would somehow be better at PvP than Horde. There's also no reason to assume a significant demographic difference between both faction players that would lead to this.

All of this is mere perceptual bias based on a limited sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Come Alliance. I'm sick of being outnumbered so terribly.
    http://wow.realmpop.com/

you sure about that?

You just had a bad night, or happened to be getting the same people in your games. I have nights where i lose maybe 1 in 5 bgs, then the next night itll be the opposite and ill win maybe 1 in 5. If your having one of the bad nights either get a few friends and que (win way more often if you have competent people) or just do something else instead of random bgs.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I win 4 in a row sometimes I lose like 9 in a row, Bad games come and go however I won't lie. Most of the time I lose in this battlegroup -.- I guess

Sigh all though I will be xfering once I do enough research of course

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    So I PVPed last night all night in random BGs and for the first time I could not win one damn game for the 100 conquest points. Horde used to be able to win AB, EOTS, Gilneas and Silvershard but that's no longer the case. I would say our win ratio was around 30% but these 2 days it was like Alliance are winning 90+%. Maybe they're getting points much faster and outgear us, but I also can't deny they got more quality players. Is transferring to Alliance the only solution?
    1). Skillcap/Lack of cooperation issue.
    2). Generalizing an entire faction because you can't manage to win a BG is a ridiculously ignorant thing to do. Your ability or inability to win has nothing to do with the faction you play on. How do I know? I can, (and do), play on either faction in any battleground with 1-2 friends and win a majority of the games. That's because we have no handicap when it comes to playing the game like some people.
    3). No. Again, whether you win or lose has nothing to do with the faction, but the people in the BG. If you lose most of the BGs you're in, the only constant variable is you. Why don't you look at yourself and think, "Hey, maybe I'm the reason I can't win any games!"? Transferring to Alliance won't boost your chances of winning; when you start losing a majority of the games as an Ally, you'll start to blame other things (like poor game design).

Seriously, just bring some friends that know how to play and it shouldn't be any issue at all. Never has been for me, never has been for anyone I know. Does saying this make me an elitist? You might say so, but lying wouldn't make you any better at the game now would it.
    Assuming you don't already queue with your friends, you underestimate how big of an impact a small premade group can make. Even when the group has no set organization, at least you'll know there are decent players in there - as opposed to potential bots and paste eaters.

Deleted
    During WSG weekend i had around 35 wins out of 40 as horde in a single day, even the next day it was still around a 80% win ratio.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was just a bad night, Ive had nights where I didn't win a single game as horde, and nights where Ive won every game. By the time I achieved my Battlemaster title I had a winning percentage (over 50%) in every bg except AV and IOC. Heck in strand of the ancients I had over 60% win percentage. So yes horde have bad nights as do alliance, but overall in my experience horde actually win slightly more often in most bg's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know someone that used to say the same thing, and transferred to alliance, and still keep losing BG as alliance.

It won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstrevorson414 View Post
    You just had a bad night, or happened to be getting the same people in your games. I have nights where i lose maybe 1 in 5 bgs, then the next night itll be the opposite and ill win maybe 1 in 5. If your having one of the bad nights either get a few friends and que (win way more often if you have competent people) or just do something else instead of random bgs.
    It's been almost a month of doing BGs and I'm sure it's not just one or two nights.

I dunno, I've found PvP so uninteresting in MoP that I've probably queued for less than 5 BGs at level 85 or above since the expansion dropped.

Let's see, I'm playing disc priest (pretty terrible if you don't have a pocket DPS watching you) and boomkin (great in beta, nerf batted to crap since then), and for the most part, BM hunter bores me to death in PvP, and my rogue is assassination, so, I guess it's pretty obvious why PvP would do nothing for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    1). Skillcap/Lack of cooperation issue.
    2). Generalizing an entire faction because you can't manage to win a BG is a ridiculously ignorant thing to do. Your ability or inability to win has nothing to do with the faction you play on. How do I know? I can, (and do), play on either faction in any battleground with 1-2 friends and win a majority of the games. That's because we have no handicap when it comes to playing the game like some people.
    3). No. Again, whether you win or lose has nothing to do with the faction, but the people in the BG. If you lose most of the BGs you're in, the only constant variable is you. Why don't you look at yourself and think, "Hey, maybe I'm the reason I can't win any games!"? Transferring to Alliance won't boost your chances of winning; when you start losing a majority of the games as an Ally, you'll start to blame other things (like poor game design).

Seriously, just bring some friends that know how to play and it shouldn't be any issue at all. Never has been for me, never has been for anyone I know. Does saying this make me an elitist? You might say so, but lying wouldn't make you any better at the game now would it.
    Assuming you don't already queue with your friends, you underestimate how big of an impact a small premade group can make. Even when the group has no set organization, at least you'll know there are decent players in there - as opposed to potential bots and paste eaters.
    Most BGs being 10-15 people, I can't carry the other 9-14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had a chance to play MoP yet (12 hour days working out of town with horrid internet will do that). But throughout Wrath and Cata, I've won more than lost in randoms as an alliance player. It only takes a few players who know what their doing to win a game. Chances are (and I'm not saying you're a bad player overall here) is that you may be one of the many who have little understanding about strategy in a BG. It doesn't matter if the player's prowess in combat is good, if he's not in the right places at the right time in a BG, the team is going to lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, last night I lost every single battleground as alliance.

I win about 25% of the bgs I play in as Horde. I usually can get a few wins if I play during the afternoon, but anytime after about 6 PM it becomes complete Alliance domination for some reason. I usually just try to get one battleground win a day for the 100 conquest, and most days it takes 3 or 4 games, sometimes more before we win. I had a stretch last week of like 12 losses in a row. I'm not quite sure what causes it, but I do know that it does seem like the Alliance almost always has more healers. Also, it makes me laugh when people suggest that a certain player losing most of his or her battlegrounds is due to him or her alone. Even the most dominate player can't carry a poor team single handed, except for maybe Twin Peaks or Warsong Gulch.
    Last edited by Cereyeth; 2012-11-01 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Most BGs being 10-15 people, I can't carry the other 9-14.
    Stop making excuses and pointing fingers, take responsibility for your failures. One person can absolutely sway a 10 man BG. 2-5 can totally control a 15 man.
    Bring some friends and quit blaming the world for your short-comings.

Also if you're randoming, most of the time you are fighting against a premade, no matter your faction. So they will always seem better than your team. I wish randoms had a way to only fight randoms, but them's the way it is.

But don't make the mistake of letting confirmation bias warp reality.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    Stop making excuses and pointing fingers, take responsibility for your failures. One person can absolutely sway a 10 man BG. 2-5 can totally control a 15 man.
    Bring some friends and quit blaming the world for your short-comings.
    I can't count the times I've hit a random where everyone is doing their own thing and fighting in the meat grinder that is mid field WSG only to use a little politeness with my advice and a hunger to get that flag where it turned the game around.

One person can totally change a game like this, it's true. But you're also going to get a lot of really really aggressive ass holes, don't let that make you biased.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The most fun, sobering reality of those who faction change because they think they will get more BG wins is learning both factions suck in equal proportions.