Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you run dungeons with your Guild then this doesn't become an issue. If your not a member of a Guild, it's not like your not asking for people to treat you like a second class citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Personally, I think they should implement LFR style loot rules for LFD. Then, there is no issue.

I would be ok with that also.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I run dungeons with randoms, I will ask before needing OS loot. HOWEVER if you are being a prick all dungeon long or you stand in things you shouldn't be after I warn you, I will take your gear for my OS and I will let you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Whenever something drops that's for my offspec, I hit need. If anyone says "Hey I need that", I open trade and give it to them.
    Sadly, other people rarely do it when they won an offspec item while someone else badly needed it for his mainspec. Whenever I'm going to roll for an off spec, I first look in the group if there is another plate wearer. If there is none, I need. If there is one, I'll first inspect him to see if he has better ones already. If the item that dropped is far better for him, I'll pass it immediatly. If its not, I'll need.

Imagine if people were able to physically hurt each other over the internet, that would cause chaos among those ninja's. The hospitals will be filled :P

While leveling, that sort of stuff happens All the time. Heck, more often then not the group will gang up on the guy who did it. Its not as big of a problem at 90 as it is while leveling. Everyone says "we are leveling, something new will come along soon anyway."

10+ Year Old Account
    What I got from this thread, you decide "SCREW BEING CIVIL AND DECENT. I'LL JOIN THE DARK SIDE CAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO BE NICE TO ME." I just don't get it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    If it isn't leaving you with a good feeling, learn to relax and don't get stressed by a game.

It's funny you guys seem to think that just because I don't like something i'm raging mad about it.

I don't get upset. I'm not mad at anyone for doing it. I'm just not going to pass/greed on something I can use anymore.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually try to help people regardless. I'll usually even help a horde out with killing mobs if I see him going down.
    If I get screwed over I usually get revenge. That includes a lot of the time, tracking them and camping them on a horde character.

I tend to need on OS stuff if I need it, and then watch the rolls. If somebody who's actually in that role also rolled need and lost, I'll swap it back. But I do roll need so that it doesn't go to the DE button from which there is no return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I've tried and tried not to. But yeah i'll become part of it also since being nice never did anything for me.
    I dont belive you have " Never " gotten something out of being nice. Never is 1 of the most abused words of the Human race. I agree with the Posters above. Rather than being a nice you would rather give in lower yourself to there level becoming part of the problem... For loot? Something in a Video game? Man. I hope for your sake you dont have the same ATD in Real Life. But hey its your Karma.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    need on what you need, i dont care about the specc.
    Dont need stuff you want to sell or disenchant.

Done.

I would be ok with that also.
    Dear god, no. The new loot rules have already made it impossible to use LFR to gear an off-spec. This would do the same in dungeons - even dungeons where you've got guildies trying to help you out, they couldn't, because LFR loot rules would screw you.

I had/have this problem with rare spawn, accoding to my addon -

Krol The Blade - 300% exp pot - 5 kills
    Sulik - 500 too all stat Crystal - 17 kills
    Scritch - Peace Pipe - 9 kills
    Nessos - Blue Shell - 11 kills

No drops, and consideraibly more kills since I have a laptop I play on as well. On weekends I can camp their spawnsites pretty easily. People get mad when I decline their invite when as I kill them. I'm not going to cut my chances to win by half, considering the items have ~5% drop chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    To be nice is to be strong. It's not easy, but it's the right thing to do.

Why would you decide to be mean just because somebody is mean to you?
    Exactly, don't be someone you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I usually try to help people regardless. I'll usually even help a horde out with killing mobs if I see him going down.
    If I get screwed over I usually get revenge. That includes a lot of the time, tracking them and camping them on a horde character.
    I'll usually help a poor Alliance out who is getting killed by mobs too. I do however not enact revenge if somebody killed me, seeing that I suck at PvP. The few times I tried I just got smacked again, so I usually just shoo it off now.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-11-01 at 08:39 PM.

After getting my first 6 healer drops ninja'd at the start of MoP I just started rolling need on everything. It is what it is.
    Last edited by jfuze; 2012-11-01 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I dont belive you have " Never " gotten something out of being nice. Never is 1 of the most abused words of the Human race. I agree with the Posters above. Rather than being a nice you would rather give in lower yourself to there level becoming part of the problem... For loot? Something in a Video game? Man. I hope for your sake you dont have the same ATD in Real Life. But hey its your Karma.
    I'm a really nice person in RL. I hold doors open for people I don't know. I say please and tank you all the time. But like you say it's just a game. Maybe YOU shouldn't get so upset that i'm just doing what the systems allows me to do.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    Dear god, no. The new loot rules have already made it impossible to use LFR to gear an off-spec. This would do the same in dungeons - even dungeons where you've got guildies trying to help you out, they couldn't, because LFR loot rules would screw you.
    You could always play that off-spec in LFR.

Deleted
    Where does being nice get me? It sure isn't leaving me with a good feeling.
    Try to adapt that attitude outside of WoW. It might get you somewhere, but you're still a dick.

About 5 years ago, when I was a 13 year old kid, I once had my bike stolen while preparing to go to school. It was still on lock and all, on front of my house. When I was ready to go to school, it was stolen.

My parents reported it to the police, and I asked ''when will I ever get to see my bike back?'', my parents honestly replied ''never''. I was like ''why the f*** not?'', because the police doesn't care about finding my bike, they werent gonna make an investigation or something, they just didn't do a single f***

In conclusion, the thiefs always win. This was one of those moments where I wanted to be one aswell, I won't get caught anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by degias View Post
    I had/have this problem with rare spawn, accoding to my addon -

Krol The Blade - 300% exp pot - 5 kills
    Sulik - 500 too all stat Crystal - 17 kills
    Scritch - Peace Pipe - 9 kills
    Nessos - Blue Shell - 11 kills

No drops, and consideraibly more kills since I have a laptop I play on as well. On weekends I can camp their spawnsites pretty easily. People get mad when I decline their invite when as I kill them. I'm not going to cut my chances to win by half, considering the items have ~5% drop chance.

I got the shell on my first kill. I don't even pvp. :|

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Try to adapt that attitude outside of WoW. It might get you somewhere, but you're still a dick.

I can deal with being a dick in game. Feel free to read the post above you.

10+ Year Old Account
    screw being nice to people in this game, but at the same time dont be a dick. i perfer a healthy balance of deadpan and ignorance. all these vapors with avatars dont play to give a shit about you, do the same.