Deleted

Monk Challenge Mode Armor

Does it actually do ANYTHING?

I've just got it as brewmaster, and all i can see it doing with graphics on max is the little buttons on shoulders going a bit greener.

Am i missing an emote that makes it do something awesome like everyone elses? ><

http://imgur.com/nkKON

it spills beer, but i guess that's about it.

It's a shame about the animations, but I use it because it's a very rare, eye-catching and actually matches itself (been running around with mismatched raid/dungeon gear because I was too lazy to look/farm for a good set).

They could change the animation or the looks in the future, but it's the pride of obtaining it that's the real reward. Besides, I look like a Saudi Arabian oil sheik, and that's awesome.

inb4 "special snowflake" - Challenge Modes and their respective rewards are an amazing implementation and should be kept like they are currently (except for allowing a wider range of classes through balancing etc, since some classes are extremely potent in Challenge Modes - hello Death Knights).
    Last edited by Redfern; 2012-11-04 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    since some classes are extremely potent in Challenge Modes - hello Death Knights).
    QFT.

And yeah i'm happy getting it, especially as everyone likes to think Brewmasters aren't viable for Challenge Modes. They really are, it's just DKs are ridiculously good :/

One would think that with the amount of work they put into other classes' challenge mode sets, the new class would at least have an equal amount of work put into it. In that sense, it is quite disappointing. But, taken on its own the set is pretty cool indeed. Here's hoping future Monk challenge mode sets (if there are any plans for them at all) have a bit more work put into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually surprised any monk works toward getting this heaping pile of shit. The set looks horrible, imo.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    I'm actually surprised any monk works toward getting this heaping pile of shit. The set looks horrible, imo.
    I like the set, apart from the helm. I just don't like the fact it has basically no special animations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Does it actually do ANYTHING?

I've just got it as brewmaster, and all i can see it doing with graphics on max is the little buttons on shoulders going a bit greener.

Am i missing an emote that makes it do something awesome like everyone elses? ><

http://imgur.com/nkKON
    Not sure what you mean with 'do anything' but its a transmog set and nothing else.

Deleted
    All the transmog sets have special animations when performing certain emotes/abilities. Monk set armor practically doesn't do anything.

All the transmog sets have special animations when performing certain emotes/abilities. Monk set armor practically doesn't do anything.
    They want to avoid the same problem they created with Death Knights and their overly attractive Dungeon Challenge sets. Blizz they're taking a conservative approach to designing Monk tier sets, gradually increasing the effort they put into them to avoid overbalancing them with impressive graphics against other classes like shamans and the two volcanoes they wear in place of shoulderguards.

Its all about class balance, you see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    They want to avoid the same problem they created with Death Knights and their overly attractive Dungeon Challenge sets. Blizz they're taking a conservative approach to designing Monk tier sets, gradually increasing the effort they put into them to avoid overbalancing them with impressive graphics against other classes like shamans and the two volcanoes they wear in place of shoulderguards.

I know that was intended as a joke, but i wouldn't be surprised if that's actually true

I know that was intended as a joke, but i wouldn't be surprised if that's actually true
    At this point, I think memes are the only way to properly encapsulate my frustration.

Deleted
    At this point, I think memes are the only way to properly encapsulate my frustration.
    Go for it.

Deleted
    Probably the ugliest set I've ever seen.

This is called wishful thinking. "We're bad on purpose, you know. They'll fix us soon, you know."

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very disappointing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah our challenge mode gear is very unappealing and doesn't even have a solid effect to make it interesting. If I do CM's it will just be fore the rating bragging rights probably never bother picking up the armor.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.