Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You know what I got tired of? The Norse. Had an entire expansion about the Aesir for Thrall's sake.
    Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see any ice giants around.
    Norse are badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    that's exactly the point. With the end of Cataclysm they're trying to create something totally *new* not "slightly new". If the lore does not exist it can be created. It does not really tie with Warcraft cause Pandaren are a race that decided to isolate themselves. The lore and the quests (especially the lorewaker achievements) do a good job to try to insert the race into the warcraft context.

And what's even better is that we're going to see and participate into the integration of Pandaria and Pandaren into the current lore. I think that *this* is one of the best thing this expansion does, for me at least.
    I know this, I too was looking forward to see how entirely new lore would fare. Turns it didn't fare well for me, which was my point. Everything is *too* foreign. My favorite parts are easily the Horde/Alliance parts of Jade Forest/Kun Lai, so I'm eagerly waiting for 5.1, which may give Pandaria the Warcraft coat of paint it is missing. Glad it's working out for you and the rest to whom it's working out.

EDIT: Nothing wrong with the asian theme itself, just that it's too detached right now. Pandaria's own lore is interesting within itself, but compared to Warcraft's other lore it feels like we're going through Naruto's filler episodes while waiting for the series to get back on track.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2012-11-03 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I know this, I too was looking forward to see how entirely new lore would fare. Turns it didn't fare well for me, which was my point. Everything is *too* foreign. My favorite parts are easily the Horde/Alliance parts of Jade Forest/Kun Lai, so I'm eagerly waiting for 5.1, which may give Pandaria the Warcraft coat of paint it is missing. Glad it's working out for you and the rest to whom it's working out.

EDIT: Nothing wrong with the asian theme itself, just that it's too detached right now. Pandaria's own lore is interesting within itself, but compared to Warcraft's other lore it feels like we're going through Naruto's filler episodes while waiting for the series to get back on track.
    Ahah ok I get your point that's fine ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope love it, but then ive always liked asian architecture and such. Guess if your not into that kind of thing it would get boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Everything that has even been put into the game was once real life experience or came from somewhere else.
    Oh yes, the Dragon Soul exists in real life. Oh, and demons too.

The theme doesn't bother me although the music irritates the living hell out of me, though I guess I should be glad its not mariachi music.
    (Plz god don't ever let them add a Mexican themed race)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Read the last part of what I said.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Dragon soul was rather weak it did nothing more than piss the enemy off as for Demons ..... well it depends on what group of religious fanatics you talk too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because we've never heard of such things as dragons, souls, or demons before Warcraft!
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I like the new zone design , less depressive than the new Cata zone

But I just can't stand the new music of this Xpac, everything is mute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    A culture that isn't based on an existing culture. They're talking animals, you can do anything with them.
    Oh right.

Like the Humans aren't based on medieval Europe.
    Like the dwarves aren't based on scottish stereotypes
    Like the goblins aren't based on jersey stereotypes
    Like the worgen aren't based on victorian england
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    People have selective memory

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it and I really like that it all seems to fit together. Unlike cata where all the high level zones felt disconnected and like they had nothing to do with one another.

I am not a huge fan of the Asian theme; however, I am a fan of this expansion (a bit contradicting).

10+ Year Old Account
    Grew tired of it the second it was announced. Im only online for raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It has worn me out as well, but I am SUPER CAPSLOCK SICK OF BEER REFERENCES. We get it! Pandaren drink beer, but my god is that a worn out trope in this game or what?

It was overkill with Dwarves, and I only play dwarves, but this is just ridiculous. It is like being with that one guy who gets around someone and JUST CAN'T LET SOMETHING GO.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Ok maybe not some of Outland's landscape, but the cultures and architecture on Outland is real-world as well.
    Indeed. Like those buildings on giant mushrooms, why, I remember when I went to visit a similar temple in real life...
    And then there's those etheral "buildings" with lazers and electricity everywhere, just like real life outer planet colonies.
    And let's not forget Tempest Keep. Ignoring the fact it's a ship, because this is a game, if you'd ground it you'd see buildings that look like that everywhere in real life. I mean, seriously, giant balls of energy suspended around and a lot of archs added with giant crystals coming from the roof. Everywhere I tell you.

And the cultures of Outland! The sporelings, they're so much like... aaa... celt... druids? Yea, celtic druids. Coming out of mushroom pods, totally copied out of real life culture. But they didn't appear that much, on the other hand those blood elves and their architecture and their culture is so real life it's stupid. I mean, their buildings look like oriental stuff with gold on them and they are so much like rich people obviously. Including the magic drugs.

The dragon soul is a ripoff of the one ring from Lord of the Rings.

I dont really have any problem with the architecture style in MoP. Only 2 zones - Jade Forest and Valley of Eternal Blossoms are heavily filled with Chinese traditional architecture. The others are very rural with only a few Chinese structures. Dread wastes is purely original except for the wall which goes along the entire continent. IMO Pandaria is much better than Northrend. I hate snow and there is a lot in Northrend, Borean Tundra is depressing as well as Icecrown and Dragonblight, and Sholazar is just Ungoro Crater 2.0. It was also depressing to go from the nice detailed TBC architecture and gear to the crude viking buildings and gear in Wrath.

Of course nothing is as bad as the Egyptian Indiana Jones ripoff that was Uldum and I like desert zones.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    on the other hand those blood elves and their architecture and their culture is so real life it's stupid. I mean, their buildings look like oriental stuff with gold on them and they are so much like rich people obviously.
    Blood elf architecture is Middle Eastern/Turkish. But the other ones you mentioned do not exist on Earth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post

Of course nothing is as bad as the Egyptian Indiana Jones ripoff that was Uldum and I like desert zones.

Blood elf architecture is Middle Eastern/Turkish. But the other ones you mentioned do not exist on Earth.
    Fully agreed on the Indiana Jones.

And somewhat on blood elf, you could be right there actually, my bad.

I agree that the Pandaria lore is somewhat tepid.
    Hopefully, upcoming patches which bring the Horde/Alliance conflict into focus will provide some more interesting storylines which tie back into Azeroth lore.