Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They arent the same on my server. Sometimes they are but they aren't always.
    Wow that's news to me I had assumed that since we usually have a large group near the BMAH waiting to gank allies that it was due to the items being bid between the two factions if the items can be different it seems rather pointless to even have the BMAH located where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    aren't BMAH split between factions?

also, you guys are blowing this way out of proportion.

1 person buys it off the BMAH, then he can invite others(assuming he charges gold for this).
    he invites say a couple hundred people, they each invite more, and they more.
    all of them passing free invites to their friends.

i give it realistically 3 weeks before the bulk of the lvl capped players are in the brawler's guild.
    This is why I'm hope blizzard will gate invites either with marks or by rank. Because if it literally is 1 person buys it and it spreads like wild fire it makes no sense whatsoever for anybody to buy the item. Just wait a day or two and you will easily get invited for drastically lower price.

Here is hoping for you get 1 invitation "item" per rank you earn
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

The guild is like a days worth of content, this invite thing at least makes it half way interesting. Does everything in WoW have to be a click away? ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should make it available to all 90's, remove the Realm Shit First for it, since WoW will never have balanced classes, and make the fights phased.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Im not on the PTR but from what Ive read the Brawler's Guild is going to be a huge mistake if they implement it this way.

Only 1 fight at a time per server. There is no way this is going to work on any server with more than 100 (or less) people wanting to do this content around the same time. Assuming fights take 2-3 min you could be waiting hours for a single fight if there even is a queue. If its just whoever clicks the NPC to start the fight first GL. It should be a solo scenario - fixed.
    Brawler's Guild content will likely be phased and limited to some number of players in each instance. It certainly won't be solo since audience participation is a part of the whole deal. When one instance fills up, another Brawler's Guild will spawn (think CRZ but with splitting overcrowded zones) and so on. It's unlikely (but not 100% certain I suppose) that you'll ever walk into the Brawler's Guild and see more than a dozen or so people in there at once unless you're grouped with a large group.

Frankly, in small doses, watching could be just as much fun as actually brawling.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Heres what I'd imagine seeing:

Week 1) Only ppl who can access are top guilds, the well organised ones that were selling DS Heroic mount/loot runs for 100 000 gold for weeks before the end of Cata

Week 2) Access gained by a few of the rich players

Week 3) People try to sell invites on trade channel, and like a bacteria dividing, as each ticket sells theres another person selling ready to undercut.

Week 4) Someone who isn't a profiteering douchebag gets hold of an invite. Starts giving invites away for free to anyone who wants one.

That exponential increase could happen within a few hours of the first ticket being bought on some servers. The 4 week time limit is pretty much the WORST case scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Wow that's news to me I had assumed that since we usually have a large group near the BMAH waiting to gank allies that it was due to the items being bid between the two factions if the items can be different it seems rather pointless to even have the BMAH located where it is.

I know the t3 and patterns arent shared all the time. The current lvl gear might be. Which would make sense since the BMAH is loaded with ppl from the top 5 raiding guilds with bis stuff is in there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Wrong you are. How many people raided Naxx 40 in Vanilla? How many people raided in Vanilla or TBC? I can tell you not everyone because they couldn't. You had to put effort, or get lucky.
    Not many players completed classic and BC raids, but they could at least enter them. Entry to Brawler's Guild has nothing to do with skill, gear or even quests.

Spending time/money designing content only a small percent of players actually see isn't a way to hold subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its a really awesome way to start a feature tbh. Different and it will help increase the social aspect of WoW as well. The people complaining are clearly people that don't talk to many people and are afraid they will never get an invite -> Get more social and join in.

The invitations aren't going to be rare - just a bit infrequent to start with when it first comes out.
    Rofl social. People will SELL invites, not give them away - except to their close friends, of course.

If you don't know a rich person, expect to pay out the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Rofl social. People will SELL invites, not give them away - except to their close friends, of course.

If you don't know a rich person, expect to pay out the teeth.
    And that is the stupid part.......

buying your way into content is stupid and not fun and the whole idea should never be considered in the first place.

Most ppl have missed it, as I did at first. The ppl that can invite you are not other players but quest giving NPCs. So you can go and pay at the BMAH or do the quests with tem and skip that. Seeing how you need rep with them to buy items from them most will be doing the quests sooner or later. With how long it takes the BMAH to close on items that keep getting bid on it will be faster to do the quests to get access.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    The irony is astounding. The Brawler's Guild, who is under heavy influence of the Fight Club, an anti-capitalism book/movie, entrance is done following an almost totally free market system, which is the epitome of capitalism.

If the entrance system is indeed like this, they should remove all Fight Club references. It's ridiculous.

gated content is bad enough, having to buy an invite to play new content is just stupid.

might as well call it patch 5 point 1 percent...no sane person would spend 100k to do this on day one, but to someone who doesnt care about gold? sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    The irony is astounding. The Brawler's Guild, who is under heavy influence of the Fight Club, an anti-capitalism book/movie, entrance is done following an almost totally free market system, which is the epitome of capitalism.

If the entrance system is indeed like this, they should remove all Fight Club references. It's ridiculous.
    Oh that's good I hadn't even thought of that. If this change goes live we really ought to be able to blow up some buildings in org or storm wind. Watch it all burn down man. Make a giant smiley face of bombed out shops. Yea that is just to ironic. To be honest I'd be curious if Chuck Palanchiuk played wow or knew about this. This isn't the first time they've tried to do something game wise with it though. They had a fight club fighting game. It was pretty good I liked it. Abraham Lincoln vs Fred Durst made for some pretty good fights.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Most ppl have missed it, as I did at first. The ppl that can invite you are not other players but quest giving NPCs. So you can go and pay at the BMAH or do the quests with tem and skip that. Seeing how you need rep with them to buy items from them most will be doing the quests sooner or later. With how long it takes the BMAH to close on items that keep getting bid on it will be faster to do the quests to get access.
    Where has that been said? I've seen nothing to indicate that.

Deleted
    1st rule of Brawlers Guild, you do not talk about Brawlers Guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I get everyone is entitled to play the game they pay for, but they aren't entitled to everything in the game.
    Well tbh that is something for Blizzard to decide. In principle they do though, they pay the same amount of moneyto play tge game so they are entitled really. Compare the game to a book for a minute. You have read 17 of the 20 chapters and getting really into it. You are so anxious to find out how it turns in chapter 20 (you can't get there because it has a code that you can only unlock if you read all the previous stuff). Then you arrive at chapter 18 and find out it's in Japanse (or any language you cannot read for that matter). Now you know you won't be able to get to the final chapter because you'll never be able to read it, or it will take you so much time that the effort isn't worth it... You would be appalled at such a thing.
    And inb4: the argument that people just have to put in more effort does not fly. Because effort is something that cannot be measured. Some people pick up stuff easily and whizz through the content while others keep banging their heads against wall progressing in the game.
    To be honest? The last group is probably putting in more effort so....

So all in all everybody SHOULD be entitled to see the content with reasonable effort. And I think that's what Blizz has done quite well with the implementation of the Raid Finder.

At the moment I don't mind that the Brawler's Guild is by invite only. It'll be a matter of weeks until so many invites are out that people will be giving them away for free ingame anyway. Just like GMail. THe oilstain spread so fast really, and that was invite only too at first...

Deleted
    People will buy these on the bmah and then sell invites. After a short time the invites will reach someone who that sort of thing seriously pises off, at which point they'll be given away for nothing.

Don't worry about it, it'll only drain the coffers of one or two gouging assholes.

It's not a good sign for he game in general though, I must admit.

Deleted
    Wow, there are actually people defending this crap? I'm surprised, but then there are also people defending CRZ, so why am I surprised?

Honestly don't understand the reasoning behind making it NOT INSTANCED... if it's going to be a gold sink, just give it a high cost [like that Yak Exp. mount, 120k] and let anyone participate in it at their own accord there after...