Red face Pregnancy in Cats ?

I've come into ownership of a pregnant cat.Used to be my gma's , cant care for her anymore due to an accident. Had her for the last 3 months. She's due in 4 days. And today she is acting very odd. The last few days she was all over the place , just restless in general. Today , she's barely moved at all , been doing alot of rolling and stretching. I've owned cats since I was very little but never a pregnant one so this all new to me. She's had regular vet check ups etc.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep a close eye on her until she's due and give her a nice quiet place with blankets to rest in. If she seems to have already started laying in a secluded place, you need to keep a very close watch on her as she is most likely about to have them. When the kittens come, the most important thing to do is towel them off and provide warmth. You need to have a warming pad available at all times so they can stay warm as they depend 100% on their mother to regulate their body heat. If the kitten is cold, it will most likely get sick and die. Some dry rice placed in a couple socks and microwaved is a good alternative if you have no heating pad. When you see that the kittens are warm, they need to nurse so they can get the colostrum which is produced initially to help protect against disease. It would also be smart to take mommy and babies to the vet for a checkup too. Good luck with it all! Can you post pics when they come?

Deleted
    She was restless because she might have had some pains and was looking for the "place" to make her kittens. It will most likely be a secluded place unless she knows you really good.
    Also, after she makes them she'll eat the placenta, and for the first day she might not come out at all as she's fed and she'll sit to clean and feed the kittens. When she does come out make sure she gets lot of water as she'll be a bit dehydrated because of feeding them.

Don't disturb her and the kittens for first week or she'll move them, and you might never know where. Don't bug her, don't touch the kittens, let her do her thing. Don't take pictures or stuff, really cats want privacy when they have kittens and you're the intruder. So no touching the kittens, no touching the cat in her kitten area(you can pet her when she comes out), no sending her food, and unless a kitten comes out of the area no moving them or the cat. No petting the kittens as you'll be putting your own smell over theirs and she might then reject them. However, do watch out and do feed her well, for some cats don't have good mother instincts, so if she leaves and doesn't go back, you can put her back in. Also, if kittens are crying really bad, check them, some cats have horrible mother instincts and eat their young.

Deleted
    She's restless because she's finding the best place to have her cats or a place to stay while having them and stay there for a while. When a cat gives birth they won't be moving for some time, so try finding a place or make a place comfortable for her.

When my cat had kittens, she was pretty normal up until the last 3 or 4 days. She was super restless, like yours, and constantly shifting between 5 different spots. I just set up little 'nesting' spots in each spot she was scouting out. Luckily, she liked one, and chose it. The day before she had them, she was pretty immobile, super affectionate, and rubbing up on everything. That night though, she did a complete 180! Was really grumpy, was meowing like she was in mild pain, and we stayed up with her... but nothing ever happened. My husband and I decided to go to bed...

We woke up the next morning to find 4 kittens, all perfectly healthy and normal. I really wouldn't worry about it, my cat was a first time mother. And did just fine! Did get her fixed soon after, though (was told she was fixed, and she even had a surgical scar down there). So kittens were kind of unexpected. Especially since we had a litter of German Shepherds at the same time. What a month.

Cats, like humans, don't want to be around a lot of other people to have their baby (this is why, I believe, when women go to hospitals to give birth, it makes it harder simply because it's not natural to have so many things going on and being in a place you're unfamiliar with). Cat will do their best to find a spot where they are alone to have their babies. In fact, they can stop their labor if they are being watched. Make a comfy place for it, and let her be, she will be fine.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

So cute. Totally normal behavior for a cat about to give birth. Watch her and help her be comfortable, but truth is of all the places you've seen her in there are probably a few she found for herself - and she might pick one. So, don't go all crazy if she seems missing - it's probably the time and she picked a more secluded spot.

BTW cats are way better at this than humans. You are worried, she is not.

sounds to me your cat is ready to give birth

find a warm secluded area for her to nest and just leave her be

the cat will know what to do just make sure there is plenty of water and food nearby and when the cat gives birth remove any dead kittens if there are any and let the mother take care of the kittens

I will post pictures when they come =D Her two most common spots she goes to is the little shelf at the back of my desk , underneath my tower , and in an old dresser I have , the bottom drawer has been taken out because it broke , and she's been staying up in there most of the time. There are old towels , and newspaper in both spots , that she has dug up and rearranged. Today she has been less mobile. But extremely affectionate. She's normally a really affectionate cat , so she's being suffocatingly affectionate xD

Here's whats to come:

When the Cat does give birth to the kittens which can be a dozen. They are going to come out. The mother is going to clean them with her tongue. You need to cut the cord or let her bite the cord to their stomachs. For the first few months they will be straight blind. Feeding every 4-6 hours on the milk. Make sure that each of the kittens has access to the milk.

The Cat is going to be spending a ton of time with them. They will be very vocal as well. My Cat had hers and I was sleeping under the covers. She took the kittens in her mouth from upstairs and one by now put them under the covers to keep them warm. The main thing is keeping her with them so they can eat. Then slowly they will open they're eyes and even start to wander around the place. That will be least four months into it.

Just the main thing when they come out make sure its a comfortable place. Naturally shes going to be going most of the work. The kittens do look very adorable at a young age. One even hissed at me nothing but air came out because it was so tiny. It was so adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Spidah View Post
    I've come into ownership of a pregnant cat.Used to be my gma's , cant care for her anymore due to an accident. Had her for the last 3 months. She's due in 4 days. And today she is acting very odd. The last few days she was all over the place , just restless in general. Today , she's barely moved at all , been doing alot of rolling and stretching. I've owned cats since I was very little but never a pregnant one so this all new to me. She's had regular vet check ups etc.

Congrats, she is about to make herself a nice litter of fluffy kittens.

I demand pictures of the fluffy kittens in 10 days!

Deleted
    I'm a crazy cat lady! I've had cats since I was 4 years old and even had pregnant cats. I once had 13... at the same time, yes. xD Anyway, when a cat is close to giving birth ir normal that you see her going arround the house because, like it was said already, she's looking for the perfect place to have her kitties. Even if it is your bed... like mine did then I got home and was like... O__O that's my bed. Oh well. xD I'll never forget the day we first got kitties from one of ours. Me and my mom found her and 2 more kitties on the very day she was born, and I says this because they were still wet and had the umbilical on them. They were... throwed over a tall fence... really tall. Her brothers died in the space of 2 weeks but she survived and we used to feed them on milk powder which is mixed with water, you know. >.< An year after she had 4 wonderfull kitties and one of those is still alive, a 10 year old female! And we also got an abandoned kitty about a month old a mmonth ago and she couldn't be happier. :3 Always pleased to onmonom my fingers. -..-