Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    There aren't many who do, which isn't strange.

It's the worst one yet, and that's saying something.

Next expansion, everyone will love MoP. Calling it now. (I do like this expansion by the way!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Since WHEN do you need to get Valor Gear?

Since WHEN do you need to do Factions?

It was a godsend Blizzard took out the fact you needed to get a certain level of Rep with a faction to get an Enchant for your Helm and Shoulders.

Do. The. Raids.

Do. Heroics.

Buy. Gear. With. Gold.

Work for it.

You guys didn't want to be able to get Epics for free?

Whelp, here's the solution.

The entire reason I defend Blizzard to my last breath at this point is because MOST of the community asked for all of this.

Harder to get Epics? Done with harder raids and gating with factions.

More content? Done with the copious amount of extra features this Xpack.

Harder raids? Already covered, but done.

All of this stuff people have asked for and we still have bitching about it. It's mind boggling.

I never got epics for free and that argument is so fucking similar to the argument brought up during cataclysm about how bads should get better and stop crying about hard heroics. The community did not ask for this. The community was bored but that had to do with them being unable to release end game content fast enough. No people want more of the same reward they got for years. Even if the community shouted and screamed at the top of it's lungs that they wanted a return to buying mounts at lvl 40 I trust Blizzard isn't retarded enough to make that decision. I guess I shouldn't.

Nobody asked for more dailies. At least not that I'm aware of. And yet what did we get?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Next expansion, everyone will love MoP. Calling it now. (I do like this expansion by the way!)
    There's always, ALWAYS something to complain about.

Fortunately the community is the minority and everyone I've talked to in game loves the expansion.

That at the very least gives me hope in the community for this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Since WHEN do you need to get Valor Gear?

Since WHEN do you need to do Factions?

It was a godsend Blizzard took out the fact you needed to get a certain level of Rep with a faction to get an Enchant for your Helm and Shoulders.

Do. The. Raids.

Do. Heroics.

Buy. Gear. With. Gold.

Work for it.

You guys didn't want to be able to get Epics for free?

Whelp, here's the solution.

The entire reason I defend Blizzard to my last breath at this point is because MOST of the community asked for all of this.

Harder to get Epics? Done with harder raids and gating with factions.

More content? Done with the copious amount of extra features this Xpack.

Harder raids? Already covered, but done.

All of this stuff people have asked for and we still have bitching about it. It's mind boggling.
    Please show me where all of this was asked for. If and that is a big if anyone asked for it it was the elitis wannabe's that keep wanting things to go back to the TBC style.

Also to answer most of your post. Since Wrath you needed gear from valor all your tier items came from there and raids but keep blindly defending wow.

Also i never got epic's for free where you got this idea i have no clue. Sorry this isn't TBC where epic's means ur cool if you want that feeling go to a private TBC server.

Hell just change the dam color i could care less if there green/blue/purple/Orange...

Edit: "New Idea" make all items gray so we no longer have to hear the comment "free epics or welfare epic's" cause each time someone says that just prove's how childish and immature most of the players in WOW are.

And people wonder why wow is looked down on in the gaming world...
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-04 at 07:02 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You absolutely are attacking. You can't accept any reasonable criticism, you have to shout it down because it could lead to some change.

The reason people are complaining has little to do with the fact that they have to (although that's how it's expressed) and has everything with how this game is structured as a giant skinner box. Wether or not they have to is irrelevant really. I don't have to do anything in the game and never did. Nothing was ever forced or mandatory. No you feel you have to because THAT IS WHERE THE REWARD IS. The current system just frustrates them because they see the gear and they want the gear so they go full speed ahead to get the gear. Let's not pretend this isn't the desired behavior on the part of Blizzard though. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they put that gear on the rep vendor.

LFR both halves are much longer than 25 minutes, I've had some take up to an hour.

20 minute heroic gets them nowhere without dailies

10 minute scenario gets you nowhere without dailies

Both the above have ILVL limits of 463 and even the most casual of casual players I know are almost all done with those two particular avenues. They are missing maybe one or two pieces and they que for those dungeons and then leave when it doesn't drop their loot. It is not in any way shape or form a long term option for even casual players who like to progress.
    What missing in all of this is why this tomfoolery even exists.

It's due to a phrase coined by a dev: "welfare epics".

Ever since Blizzard has tried to make things difficult because in WoW culture "welfare epics" is bad.

Is it any worse than being carried through raids (and folks know darn right it occurs)?

No.

But "welfare epics" is the sin to be cleansed in a game about raising 49 alts on 5 realms...per client.

Sometimes I wonder what some of the Blizzard devs been drinking and/or smoking.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I never got epics for free and that argument is so fucking similar to the argument brought up during cataclysm about how bads should get better and stop crying about hard heroics. The community did not ask for this. The community was bored but that had to do with them being unable to release end game content fast enough. No people want more of the same reward they got for years. Even if the community shouted and screamed at the top of it's lungs that they wanted a return to buying mounts at lvl 40 I trust Blizzard isn't retarded enough to make that decision. I guess I shouldn't.
    Atrahasis, you need to understand something: You're. One. Person.

You're not the majority nor are you an entire armada of opinions.

Other people have different opinions and suggestions than you.

That majority of people who asked for that got it.

Give me a bit to find quite a few quotes of people here, AND on us.battle.net forums that say "Epics are too easy" or "they're handing out epics".

Blizzard actually listens to their community. Unfortunately, that's bad and good.

Blizzard has always released top quality End Game content. They made mistakes in Cataclysm, we agree on that, but I think introducing 2 new heroics to offer better gear so people could down the first tier of raiding was a smart choice.

I don't think offering only 7 bosses in Firelands, and 8 in Dragon Soul, was a smart choice, but most of their development was spent on doing the entirety of the Old World, which whether or not you want to admit, had to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Ever since Blizzard has tried to make things difficult because in WoW culture "welfare epics" is bad.

Is it any worse than being carried through raids (and folks know darn right it occurs)?

No.

But "welfare epics" is the sin to be cleansed in a game about raising 49 alts on 5 realms...per client.

They're trying to go back to some mythical time in warcraft that doesn't really actually exist anymore by and large because the game itself and the players themselves have changed. The world has changed. Nobody cares anymore that your guild has killed X and you have Y gear or weapon. Furthermore why do you want to lord over me with that bullshit? I never had 403 gear in DS and you know what I was okay with those who did. More power to you guys have a blast in there. Nor was I ever asking for that. Now because a handful of people insisted that they didn't have enough, they had to have more all the reward of the game has been sapped. All for ourselves and nothing for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

No.

You realize that, once more I say this, a large portion of the community asked for this stuff to be harder to gain and to gate more content, and they asked it, right?

You also realize that they delivered this, and a lot of people are now complaining about it, correct?

They can't please everyone. They can't please one polar opposite and the other.

I mean there's no way any of us will come to an agreement on this. We're on polar opposites in opinions.

Blizzard has been trying to cater to both.

Although it works for a lot, there's some that still feel alienated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is forcing you to dailys. Their is nothing compulsory about them.
    If you're being ganked that's you fault for playing ona PvP server not CRZ's. All CRZ's did in this type of instance was make those 99% one faction PvP servers have a second faction again.

I just see one big misinformed opinion of the expansion.

Deleted
    2004 - Wow release - People's opinion: Wow this is great
    2005/2006 - Around AQ40/Naxx - People's opinion: whaaaawhaaaa this is too hard only hardcore people can play
    2006 - Pre-TBC - People's opinion: TBC is gonna be the best xpack ever!
    2007 - TBC - People's opinion: Wow this is awesome, so much better than vanilla
    2008 - Pre-WOTLK - People's opinion: Whaaawhaaa only hardcores can play this is too hard!
    2008 - Pre-WOTLK - People's opinion: WOTLK is gonna be awesome!
    2008 - WOTLK - People's opinion: WOTLK is awesome, so much better than TBC!
    2009 - WOTLK - People's opinion: Bahhh this is boring, blahblah, TOC is bad whahaha give us back TBC!
    2010 - WOTLK - People's opinion: OMG ICC has been out for too long, it's crap blahblah go back to vanilla wow!
    2010 - Pre-Cata - People's opinion: Cata is gonna be awesome! yaaaaay
    2010 - Cata - People's opinion: This is goooood, feels like TBC again!
    2011 - Cata - People's opinion: wawawawa these raids are boring, WOTLK was so much better and TBC was even better!
    2012 - Pre-MOP - People's opinion: MOP is gonna be awesome, even better than TBC!
    2012 - MOP - People's opinion: waaaawaaaa this is boring i dont wanna do dailies waaawaaa give us wotlk/tbc/cata that was so much better!

Spot the pattern......

They're trying to go back to some mythical time in warcraft that doesn't really actually exist anymore by and large because the game itself and the players themselves have changed. The world has changed. Nobody cares anymore that your guild has killed X and you have Y gear or weapon. Furthermore why do you want to lord over me with that bullshit? I never had 403 gear in DS and you know what I was okay with those who did. More power to you guys have a blast in there. Nor was I ever asking for that. Now because a handful of people insisted that they didn't have enough, they had to have more all the reward of the game has been sapped. All for ourselves and nothing for other people.
    Eh?

Since when do people not care what you've downed in raid and what gear you have?

Still, it's just the fact that Blizzard sided with a part of the community, a large part of it, and that's what Mists turned into.

A majority of the players don't like it.

So do a sect of it don't.

They can't cater to everyone. I'll say that one final time.

Uh, actually if you're careful while levelling you can avoid it completely, and secondly don't play on a PVP server.
    Every lvling zone but pandaria is crz

10+ Year Old Account
    Atrahasis, you need to understand something: You're. One. Person.

You're not the majority nor are you an entire armada of opinions.

Other people have different opinions and suggestions than you.

That majority of people who asked for that got it.

Give me a bit to find quite a few quotes of people here, AND on us.battle.net forums that say "Epics are too easy" or "they're handing out epics".

Blizzard actually listens to their community. Unfortunately, that's bad and good.

Blizzard has always released top quality End Game content. They made mistakes in Cataclysm, we agree on that, but I think introducing 2 new heroics to offer better gear so people could down the first tier of raiding was a smart choice.

I don't think offering only 7 bosses in Firelands, and 8 in Dragon Soul, was a smart choice, but most of their development was spent on doing the entirety of the Old World, which whether or not you want to admit, had to be done.
    Dentil you have to understand something: You're.One.Person

You can't know what the majority of people asked for in large part because most of them probably don't even speak english and why you presume to is beyond me. I mean if I said the forums were in an uproar over cata heroics (and now this daily bs) you'd tell me the forums only represent a minority. You guys try and have your cake and eat it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Please show me where all of this was asked for. If and that is a big if anyone asked for it it was the elitis wannabe's that keep wanting things to go back to the TBC style.

Also to answer most of your post. Since Wrath you needed gear from valor all your tier items came from there and raids but keep blindly defending wow.

Also i never got epic's for free where you got this idea i have no clue. Sorry this isn't TBC where epic's means ur cool if you want that feeling go to a private TBC server.

Hell just change the dam color i could care less if there green/blue/purple/Orange...

Edit: "New Idea" make all items gray so we no longer have to hear the comment "free epics or welfare epic's" cause each time someone says that just prove's how childish and immature most of the players in WOW are.

And people wonder why wow is looked down on in the gaming world...
    But that's what happened to you personally. Once again I say, people have other experiences and different thoughts.

You want to know why WoW is truly looked down in the gaming world?

Look at the WoW community, your own posts, MY own posts, Kevyne's own posts, Atrahasis' own posts..

ANYONE'S posts on this forum and you'll see why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh?

Since when do people not care what you've downed in raid and what gear you have?

Still, it's just the fact that Blizzard sided with a part of the community, a large part of it, and that's what Mists turned into.

A majority of the players don't like it.

So do a sect of it don't.

They can't cater to everyone. I'll say that one final time.
    They don't care about the GEAR from that anymore. In fact except for a small minority of player (server and worlds first) they don't care about your accomplishments. They sided with a minority and furthermore it's not something you or I can prove anyway. They'll change it when it affects their bottom line. You should be calling for this before it even gets to that because you know how rash they can be...

Your 3 small reasons is not enough ground to hold you up and call Mists the worst expansion ever.

Dentil you have to understand something: You're.One.Person

You can't know what the majority of people asked for in large part because most of them probably don't even speak english and why you presume to is beyond me. I mean if I said the forums were in an uproar over cata heroics (and now this daily bs) you'd tell me the forums only represent a minority. You guys try and have your cake and eat it to.
    I know what a majority has asked because..I've read it.

In my free time I come on the forums here and on us.battle.net and I read the threads there and here..

One of the biggest gripes with releasing ZG and ZA: "OMFG welfare epics GG blizz", plus the fact it was a "rehash".

One of the biggest gripes with the Point system in Wrath: "OMFG welfare epics GG blizz"

One of the biggest gripes with Mists: "OMFG gear is hard to get way to go Blizz /sarcasm"

I mean there's no middle ground.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 07:10 PM ----------

They don't care about the GEAR from that anymore. In fact except for a small minority of player (server and worlds first) they don't care about your accomplishments. They sided with a minority and furthermore it's not something you or I can prove anyway. They'll change it when it affects their bottom line. You should be calling for this before it even gets to that because you know how rash they can be...
    wait are you talking Blizzard or the community? Sorry I don't know who "they" is addressing.

I know what a majority has asked because..I've read it.
    Once again that is not the Majority.

The majority would be like 7-8million out of the 10million subs all your reading is maybe 1k-2k at most players on the forms

Please look up the word Majority.....

Edit: also your only seeing ether EU/US forms *depending where ur from* and if you look at both fine but then u got china *who makes up the Majority in subs*
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again that is not the Majority.

The majority would be like 7-8million out of the 10million subs all your reading is maybe 1k-2k at most players on ether form.

Please look up the word Majority.....
    I know what it means.

Can you outline to me then what the Majority is? Because at this point I'm seeing opinions from one polar opposite to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul View Post
    did not think that good old saying would come back to life... GO PVE, N00B.
    Sorry, but PvP in this game is about as 'carebear' definitive as you can get, seeing that there's no risk of item loss or item damage, no setbacks, no side resource loss. You even get points for participating.

So no, that particular meme doesn't belong in this game at all.