Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO! pet battles? Nope. fishing/cooking? Nope. why ask when you refuse the suggestions given? Challenge modes. theres another one. theres tons of stuff to do now.
    I'm venturing a guess, based on his playstyle and chosen path of lifestyle... he's just a min/maxer who only looks for the next "stat upgrade" and that's it.

Pet Battles, fishing, cooking and Challenge modes don't offer gear-stat upgrades... and I'm betting that's all he wants. Those things offer this thing called "fun"... and there's no time for fun when you got to get to the top! :P

A motivational speaker I like describes this mentality perfectly: He spent his his whole time racing up to the top of the ladder only to discover that the ladder was placed against the wrong wall.

Just like his real-life... he does school and maxes his stats, then comes home and maxes his stats in WoW.

Can't waste time on things like enjoying cooking a home-cooked meal, or watching a sunset, or having a laugh with friends... those things apparently don't increase your GPA or DPS statistics.

(obviously they do help increase those stats... but you can't tell somebody like this that they don't because things like "morale" and "happiness" are not an identifiable measurable calculable statistic.)

But that's OK - it's these people who eventually keep the therapists and marriage councilors well-fed. ^_^
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-11-05 at 11:27 PM.

Um, I thought everyone was expecting it to happen, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Yet you shouldn't be forced to do stuff you don't want to do.
    Nor should you immediately demand more food after greedily swallowing the main entree down in one gulp without even bothering to take the time to savor its flavors or to even let it start digesting.

The chef really spent a lot of time to cook that meal JUST right with the perfect blend of spices, you know. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do not understand where the OP has a point. He knew that the game has a 'limited' content (although A LOT more than Cata), yet 'burns' through all this content in a rush and then complains that there isn't enough content.

/facepalm

My god, can't imagine playing that much.

You ever think about playing something more hardcore where the carrot is a bit more out of reach? I hear Lineage II or other Korean-style MMOs appeal to those types of personalities. Or grind max paragon lvl in D3 and do all the hardest stuff, that'll take months.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

To me, burn outs always happen in cycles. I usually get 1-2 burnouts per expansion, it happens, and with every patch they always pull me back in..

You're raiding 5 days week and your 3/6 HM? ouch that must sucks luz
    Shuttle of Illidan

youre missing tons of achivs not to say reputations. (at like 35/70 reps)
    sure maybe you dont like doing em but that doesnt mean theres nothing for you to do. there is you just dont want to do it?
    once you get most mounts / pets all reps exalted and all achivs then youre free to complain about having nothing to do :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    My god, can't imagine playing that much.

You ever think about playing something more hardcore where the carrot is a bit more out of reach? I hear Lineage II or other Korean-style MMOs appeal to those types of personalities. Or grind max paragon lvl in D3 and do all the hardest stuff, that'll take months.
    youre saying hardcore and you mention d3 and mmos? mmos are anything but hardcore xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a new class, level it...love it! You play three warlocks man, what is WRONG with you?
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Deleted
    How about getting a life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh IDK, get any or all of the following, a SO, a life, a job, start preparing for college.............your playing 8+ hours a day and yet you expect Blizzard to cater to your schedule? Wooo boy are you in for it when you get out into the real world.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Do not take this personally Mudor as it is merely my suggestion, but get a life. You're very involved in World of Warcraft which is awesome. However, after spending all that time on WoW you're asking others for a way to spend even more. When you're tired of WoW and you've exhausted any possible enjoyment out of it take a break. My antagonistic tone may reflect some of inner feelings because people have made suggestions and your simple answer is, "I want to do something, but I won't do that." Okay Meat Loaf, we get that you're bored, but if you really want to dedicate more time to WoW you need to open yourself to doing something that is not just about the reward.

"You still need anglers rep."
    "I don't even have fishing/cooking. I don't have the patience to level fishing and I don't need cooking as my guild provides feasts. If I need 300 stat food I just buy it on the AH."

"Do you have a gorgeous transmog set?"
    "Doesn't get any better than that :P"

Sounds to me like you have nothing you want to do other than fatten up your item level.