Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiko View Post
    it tooked him like 20 seconds.. what are you talking about???

EXTREME
    luck. Seriously. The chances of it happening are extremely small. That's not to say it won't happen, but very, very, very rarely. Know something or two before you talk about it, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    well trying to defend this, make you all warrios look stupid so stfu this is retarded and tob need to be nerfed, atleast to 2-3 stack tops..
    I don't think any warrior on this forum or any other would argue with that.

None of us actually likes Taste for Blood! It's a garbage RNG mechanic that rewards sheer dumb-luck and rarely at that.

We have been asking for it to be changed since the beta, but the devs, including GC himself, said that they are fine with the design as is. So don't blame us for a mechanic that we have absolutely no control over and which will sometimes randomly wreck people.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post

EXTREME
    luck. Seriously. The chances of it happening are extremely small. That's not to say it won't happen, but very, very, very rarely. Know something or two before you talk about it, please.
    Does that matter? It obviously happens, this isn't the first video. Giving free wins because of bad ability design is pretty....bad.

Deleted
    If you look at the person playing it's obvious that it was staged. Not a very good actor. I doubt it happens a lot in real pvp situations.

I don't understand why TFB is even in the game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I love how someone goes out of their way to explain why something happened only to have people like this go: "No U"

Maybe you need a tl;dr.

Shaman failed to stop a freight train full of mack trucks. got oneshot. An unfortunate (And extremely avoidable) outcome.
    no...wrong.

there should be consequences for making mistakes in arena. those consequences should never...ever include being killed in under 1 second. end of story.

TL;DR - try to sound less stupid in the future.

They should make it the way it was in the beta taste for blood should stack up to 3 and not 5 stacks, thats what is producing all this 200k+ hits, i play a warrior and yes i find this to be extremely op, just like when execute hits for 350k+ specially in pve when it hits for over 500k if you have cd's up. Those are things that need a nerf immediately, but instead they decide to nerf gag order, gg blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky or not, that shouldn't be even possible in pvp. That's just retarded.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol at people trying to justify this

People screaming that it's 'rare' and that it should be rewarded absolutely blow my mind, you people are exactly whats wrong with PvP in general.

First off random chances to instantly win a game are NOT OKAY. Secondly while people claim this is rare, it's not like a 0.1% kind of rare. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens much more than the 1% meta gem reflect that could win games for people in the chance that a) it procced and b) it procced on the right ability. Lastly TfB doesn't even need to stack to 5 to be dangerous. A 5 stack can potentially one shot a lot of really geared players, a 4 stack will probably come close to a one shot and a 3 shot when aided by another GCD or two will completely floor another player too. A lot of classes (even in combination) can't deal with Warriors right now because of double charge, intervene, silences, AoE stuns, immunity to snares let alone heroic leap. They have a lot of mobility and are able to have high up time, even in PvP.

Basically this. A five stack of TfB isn't like winning the lottery. It's rare yes but it's a lot more common than it should be. Anything above a 2 stack does absolutely absurd amount of damage considering heroic strike is a RAGE DUMP that isn't even on the GCD. Scratch all that, TfB is just fucking retarded.

Just for the record, any ability.. that is complete RNG.. is completely un-counter able.. and.. hits for 250k+ is completely broken and has no place in arena.

Warriors that defend this ability please post your highest arena score here. ___________ The logic is ... its just ... not there.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    They should make it the way it was in the beta taste for blood should stack up to 3 and not 5 stacks, thats what is producing all this 200k+ hits, i play a warrior and yes i find this to be extremely op, just like when execute hits for 350k+ specially in pve when it hits for over 500k if you have cd's up. Those are things that need a nerf immediately, but instead they decide to nerf gag order, gg blizz.
    I do not know if you are a good PvPer or not, but this is written terribly. Yes it is silly that is "can" happen, but the "but instead they decide to nerf gag order, gg blizz" part is where you lost it. That is OP, it wins more arenas than TFB EVER will and the control over players it allows with their CD's popped is why it is being nerfed and why majority of "OP warrior threads" are starting. People who see their healer get mooshed, dont realise that the burst is one thing, the control the silencing was offering is part of the issue.

@ Helltrixz. Warriors are not killing you 60-0 in one global because of TFB. Secondly, you say "there is nothing you can do" , if a warrior pops his CD's, you pop yours. I assume for "gg surviving my ascendance" you are a shaman of some sort. If you are elemental, reroll. If you are resto, they are the strongest healers at the moment and you should be able to survive warriors (outside of 5 TFB luck wins).

Keep in mind: You have defensive CD's, they have offensive CD's. IF you don't save your defenses for his offensives, then you will die. That is why people will try pressure you, through CC or what not, to pop your CD's early.

(this part wasnt about TFB 5 stacks, just in relation to the common quoted about OP warriors)
    Last edited by Droodeffekt; 2012-11-06 at 06:30 PM.

Rofl at ppl saying warrior are OP because of heroic strike. If you let them get 5 stack of TFB/ full rage bar. And you let him sit on you. Guess what? Yes you are going to die. TFB is everything but OP. Its so rare to get 5 stacks. QQing about the wrong reasons is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I played a bit mop this week with my warr friend, he kept oneshoting shit. Or he'd die 60-0 in one global to enemy warr teams, there's hardly anything you can do about it. A warr doesn't need 5stacks to kill shit, so if you're so skillcapped to save all possible defensive cds for a theoretical 5 stack tfb during a random moment in arena... gg surviving my ascendance.
    Read my previous post. I was responding directly to someone saying it happened in under 20 seconds. Warriors are NOT fine in PvP, and I never made any claims that they were. I specifically stated that a very rare 5 stack TfB Heroic Strike crit is not the source of Warrior imbalance.
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody would be QQing if a rogue or mage did this.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Nobody would be QQing if a rogue or mage did this.
    Which has historically been possibly on a number of various specs, but for some reason, everyone's jumping on the Warrior hate bandwagon.

For the record, I do agree that damage should be much more predictable and steady, and that humongous ass crits shouldn't happen. It just seems like this "shouldn't happen" argument is brand spanking new when it comes to PvP balance discussions.

Deleted
    Ah... that mechanic that happens once in a year and only serve as source of crying. Will get rid of TfB asap instead of other things that will fall down sooner. The sad thing it's that it will stay there, producing videos and screenshots of the 10 people out of 10 million that receive it each day to show how OP the burst is, until everything not related is nerfed.

Not like no one saw it coming on beta.

Deleted
    Nobody should defend this. Losing to a warrior because he globals you with 3+ stacks with heroic strikes happens more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I don't think any warrior on this forum or any other would argue with that.

None of us actually likes Taste for Blood! It's a garbage RNG mechanic that rewards sheer dumb-luck and rarely at that.

We have been asking for it to be changed since the beta, but the devs, including GC himself, said that they are fine with the design as is. So don't blame us for a mechanic that we have absolutely no control over and which will sometimes randomly wreck people.
    I actually like the concept. It's not intended to be a core mechanic, but supplemental. But I do think it needs to be changed. Less random and less massive damage when the stars align. As it stands, even with TfB the way it is now, Arms is a dreadfully boring spec.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    while i agree that some things that take some prep/setup time need to have a decent pay-off, im not sure something doing that amount of damage is the answer