Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Levels are completely and utterly arbitrary. The main reason we're seeing smaller level cap increases right now is so that stat inflation isn't as bad, which is actually getting to be a problem.

But again...they could make the level cap in the next expac 91, and still make it almost the same as if it were 100, or 95, or even 150. It's just a number.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the 5 lvls/exp because it feels like it takes less time to level (while in fact it takes longer compared to outlands/northrend).

For the cost of an expansion pack (considering that you're subbing the whole time anyhow), anything less than 10 levels is a bit of a rip-off.

Deleted
    I wouldnt mind 10 new levels next expansion, but judging from all that QQ on the forums, about how loooooong it was to level from 85 to 90, nope, I don't think it's going to happen.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    iirc, they're doing it in 5s, because they want to squeeze in as many expansions before the big 100.

Could be just a rumour though... /shrug

Regardless - the time it takes to hit from 70-80 would've been roughly the same as it is now from 85-90.
    no, they do 5 level expansion because it would ber freaking hard to put something interesting for this new 10 levels. I mean class wise - now we got just 1 spell at 87, it doesnt fell that bad, but 1 new spell for 10 levels would.
    If you think - "well, they can just add more spells / skills", it's really not such a good idea, some of the classes can't put all those skills on hotbars already.

I would be okay with 10 if it took a similar amount of time as the MoP 5 is taking. Granted, I haven't even gotten through it yet because I have no free time, it feels okay. Cata was soooo much faster though which was nice, I guess.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    10 levels with 5 million exp each level
    or
    5 levels with 10 million exp each level

Who cares...

My only real concern is if I get a talent point every 15 levels (e.g. 75, 90) then that means three more expansion packs until I get my next talent point at 105. People are way too impatient for that so it's a strong indicator that the talent system will change yet again.

I hope they do 11 levels. Just so the "Level 100 is the end!" guys finally shut up.

Deleted
    Im hoping for 10 levels next time

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I wouldnt mind 10 new levels next expansion, but judging from all that QQ on the forums, about how loooooong it was to level from 85 to 90, nope, I don't think it's going to happen.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:34 PM ----------

no, they do 5 level expansion because it would ber freaking hard to put something interesting for this new 10 levels. I mean class wise - now we got just 1 spell at 87, it doesnt fell that bad, but 1 new spell for 10 levels would.
    If you think - "well, they can just add more spells / skills", it's really not such a good idea, some of the classes can't put all those skills on hotbars already.
    Then they can just ad another hotbar :P. Nah, it's getting out of hand with how many spells we are getting.

What does the amount of levels matter anyways, it's not like it's gonna be any influence on the leveling time and experience. It's just a number.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizler View Post
    My only real concern is if I get a talent point every 15 levels (e.g. 75, 90) then that means three more expansion packs until I get my next talent point at 105. People are way too impatient for that so it's a strong indicator that the talent system will change yet again.
    Rofl. Didn't even think about that. Maybe they will just do a new talent per 5 levels from now on then.

Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    They said in a past post they were gonna stop at 99. (obviously this could change)

As for OP's post, i dont care how much I have to level as long as the content is balanced, fun, and doesnt get boring after the first season.
    They never said that.. quote please. I don´t know why everyone thinks there is a huge tech hurdle at 100.

The only real reason against 10 levels is the devs would have a hard time with new spells/talents... I mean, we are probably only ever going to get 2 spells per expansion anymore... so what would be the point of having 10 levels.. it would just feel meaningless (kinda like leveling from level 26 to 27 now... you would have your ´level´ change, but nothing else really.

Our hotbars are full, we have about as many spells as we can possibly use and most of the stuff they are adding is very very situational and not part of normal gameplay.

And then the negatives - new player perception (omg.. you guys are 100 levels ahead.. that will take forever). Stat inflation.. since they aren´t going to add spells or talents at every level, the only thing they can do is inflate stats..
    Last edited by Azrile; 2012-11-08 at 03:37 PM.

I like the 5 levels but I don't really care, as long as the leveling is good and I don't need to grind mobs or shit to reach the level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally hope they do away with levels at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I hope they do 11 levels. Just so the "Level 100 is the end!" guys finally shut up.
    Haha that would be win. While we are at it, I vote to have the theme of the next expansion be related to ANYTHING except the Burning Legion, just to really fuck with people. Yeah I know we have the whole deal with Wrathion, but its not like he said it was happening right now. Just "soon". And we all know what that word means to Blizzard.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I could be wrong - but I believe before Cata launched they did lay out their plans for the next few xpacs and it was two xpacs with 5 level increases and then one xpac with a 10 level increase. But, it's been a while and I don't remember.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-11-08 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Rofl. Didn't even think about that. Maybe they will just do a new talent per 5 levels from now on then.
    there is nothing to say that they can´t to talents at 15-30-45-60-75-90-95-100-105 My guess is that is exactly what they will do.. we will get 2 new spells and 1 talent.

I dont care if its 100 levels or 1. All will be like we know it when we end up beeing max level.

Hard boss mechanics will drop us to 20% of life, while normal blows just make us loose up to 30% and so on. it doesnt really matter if you leveled a thousand levels before that point or not.

Another thing is complexity. Yeah i know the game is easy and shit, but be honest. There are some classes if not all that kinda hit the overload already for buttons and abilities.

If people get to level 10 levels they feel they need at least 3 now spells or whatever. Extrapolating into the future, i forsee i wont be clever enough anymore to manage my abilities. so from this point of view i´´m rather for 1-3 new levels to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    95 would just feel like a tease. I didn't like 85 being the maximum either. I suppose it's because they want to make each level-up feel more significant without making us feel like we should recieve twice as much new stuff as 80-85, 86-90 gave us.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.