5.2 "Lightning Forge" for Blacksmiths

I'm really interested to see what this will turn out to be.

"The Isle of the Thunder King is the new daily questing zone, with the Kirin-Tor Offensive led by Jaina Proudmoore and the Sunreaver Onslaught led by Lor'themar Theron. Doing quests will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past. Other features will also be unlocked by your realm's participation in the war effort."

I wonder what iLvl these weapons and such might be, but I'm all for another chance to use BS again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely in 504 area. As for the classic weapons? I guarentee it's old unused models from the past for transmogrification that we love so much. Not sure what ones but maybe some of the Vanilla WoW unused ones like Benediction or what not? Who knows, possibilities are endless depending on what will be used.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Says raid worthy weapons, so I would assume they would be on par with what ever item level normal mode is. Like they have been the passed few tiers (even those with raid finder)
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably normal mode ah fodder for bads or alts.

I do think it's kinda cool that they're bringing back some old weapon models tho, and the fact that they're giving a rather boring profession something interesting to do.

I hope they don't bring back Dragonstrike's model! (Yup, special snow flake) It's imo one of the best mace mogs because its so rare, lol.

I imagine some of the classic models would be Weapon Smithing only ones that have been since removed. Like Stormherald, Lionw/e(heart?) and such. Not sure if you can still train the real vanilla ones like dawn's edge (though that weapon looks hideous).
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2012-12-22 at 09:03 PM.

Would be cool to have a resurface of the Sulfuras model: decent ilvl BS crafted weapon that can be upgraded with a boss drop to a great item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    I imagine some of the classic models would be Weapon Smithing only ones that have been since removed. Like Stormherald, Lionw/e(heart?) and such. Not sure if you can still train the real vanilla ones like dawn's edge (though that weapon looks hideous).
    Those where exactly the ones I was thinking about. Old weaponsmith weapons back.

About the other things, just your typical raid crafted gear, though this time they require that forge. Makes for pvp, outdoor action and pissed off people on minority factions.