Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello guys, this will be my first fix my dps post so pls be nice^^
    wwwwarcraftlogscom/reports/wrcXbd3mghGa7v1P/#type=damage-done
    I dont know what i am doing wrong. My stats are a little bit fucked up and my trait lvl is 36 but i dont think those should effect my dps this much. I think i am doing something wrong, pls show me the true way to dps better ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Posting this here just in case.

I just got my 4-set bonus right now and it's increasing my dps by a whole 1.5%. Now, since the 2-set is a 5% increase, and since 4-set is always supposed to be better than 2-set... I just feel like I'm doing something hugely wrong. And yet, at the same time, I don't. Because I'm a very competitive ret and have been able to figure things out on my own, usually ending up in agreement with sims and whatnot. Sims are saying the 4-set should be increasing my dps by 3.5%. Which is still too low given the fact it's a 4-set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Posting this here just in case.

I just got my 4-set bonus right now and it's increasing my dps by a whole 1.5%. Now, since the 2-set is a 5% increase, and since 4-set is always supposed to be better than 2-set... I just feel like I'm doing something hugely wrong. And yet, at the same time, I don't. Because I'm a very competitive ret and have been able to figure things out on my own, usually ending up in agreement with sims and whatnot. Sims are saying the 4-set should be increasing my dps by 3.5%. Which is still too low given the fact it's a 4-set bonus.
    It's not you.

The 4pc is terrible.

Hey all, so here's my situation. My ret is 880 with 25% Haste/19% Crit/37% Mastery/2% Vers and all of my sims suggest I should be at 530k ST but all of my TD runs are below 400k. I need a hand figuring out what i'm missing and how I can improve. Thanks!

Kivross
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WfBKFtJVv3hgbYp9
    Profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kivross/simple

Trinkets: I've got DoS/CoF/EoC/FCM and sims tell me that CoF/EoC does the highest, so thats what im using atm.

Thanks for your time!
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivross View Post
    Hey all, so here's my situation. My ret is 880 with 25% Haste/19% Crit/37% Mastery/2% Vers and all of my sims suggest I should be at 530k ST but all of my TD runs are below 400k. I need a hand figuring out what i'm missing and how I can improve. Thanks!

Kivross
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WfBKFtJVv3hgbYp9
    Profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kivross/simple

Trinkets: I've got DoS/CoF/EoC/FCM and sims tell me that CoF/EoC does the highest, so thats what im using atm.

Thanks for your time!
    Damn dude, your stats are waaaaay off. You really need to work on lowering your mastery and getting that crit/vers up. You can even sacrifice a little haste to do it. Mastery is our worst stat by a long way and your crit/vers is super low for your ilvl.
    I'll look at your logs once warcraftlogs is back up (down for maintenance right now).

- - - Updated - - -

Logs are back up, so some things I noticed for single target (krosus):
    You only used your draught trinket once.
    You wasted 2 templar's verdicts into a non judged boss.
    You wasted a whopping 22 holy power. That's an insane amount of holy power to waste. That's an extra 7 Templar's verdicts you could have cast. This is probably one of the biggest things you need to work on here.

Looked at a couple of multi target fights. On botanist you wasted over 50 holy power. Again that's 17 finishers you could have cast. If you're looking for one big thing to improve right now, making sure you waste as close to 0 holy power as possible is your biggest thing.

yesterday's fight
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../643710/latest
    Trinkets: swapping between CoF and HoV
    Talents: swapping between DH / BoW and i was Testing GJ and ES on some fights like Skor and trilliax and others :P so don't judge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    yesterday's fight
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../643710/latest
    Trinkets: swapping between CoF and HoV
    Talents: swapping between DH / BoW and i was Testing GJ and ES on some fights like Skor and trilliax and others :P so don't judge
    Ooft, that guldan parse :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Ooft, that guldan parse :P
    yea the build was: GJ,ES,DH
    for phase 2 it's really great but last phase i didn't even auto attack guldan i stayed on the edge and spam ES :P
    hahahahhahaa

Damn dude, your stats are waaaaay off. You really need to work on lowering your mastery and getting that crit/vers up. You can even sacrifice a little haste to do it. Mastery is our worst stat by a long way and your crit/vers is super low for your ilvl.
    I'll look at your logs once warcraftlogs is back up (down for maintenance right now).

- - - Updated - - -

Logs are back up, so some things I noticed for single target (krosus):
    You only used your draught trinket once.
    You wasted 2 templar's verdicts into a non judged boss.
    You wasted a whopping 22 holy power. That's an insane amount of holy power to waste. That's an extra 7 Templar's verdicts you could have cast. This is probably one of the biggest things you need to work on here.

Looked at a couple of multi target fights. On botanist you wasted over 50 holy power. Again that's 17 finishers you could have cast. If you're looking for one big thing to improve right now, making sure you waste as close to 0 holy power as possible is your biggest thing.
    Thanks for the feedback! Im finding it difficult lowering my mastery because so much of our tier has mastery on it, I dont think ive ever been able to get it below 30% but ill work on it. Been using Simcraft to get my stat weights and then pawn to calculate the upgrade %. I guess ill have to work on not wasting the HP, I never new (really bad at analyzing logs) how much was being wasted.

Thanks again!!
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

Hey,

Question:

855 artifact that increase Templar's Verdict by 10% -- or -- 845 artifact that increases avenging wrath's duration by 7.5 sec ?

Also, do you think Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid 870 is better than just an 875 str/haste trinket?

I'd post logs/links but I'm too new here to do any of that. Also, I have 870 boots but they are haste/mastery. I'm a BS so I was thinking of crafting boots and using obliterum to get them up to 865 until I get better ones with ideal stats. My stats are the following:

STR 30,028
    Crit 34%
    Haste 23%
    Mastery 17%
    Versatility 1% (yeah awful I know)

My question would be, what boot stats should I pursue? Crit/Haste? If I ditch haste entirely on my boots my haste drops to 21%. So Crit/Vers? and ignore haste? should I just ignore versatility at this point? The only other item I have with mastery is my artifact weapon.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Ellarielle; 2017-01-27 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    Hey,

Question:

855 artifact that increase Templar's Verdict by 10% -- or -- 845 artifact that increases avenging wrath's duration by 7.5 sec ?

Also, do you think Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid 870 is better than just an 875 str/haste trinket?

I'd post logs/links but I'm too new here to do any of that. Also, I have 870 boots but they are haste/mastery. I'm a BS so I was thinking of crafting boots and using obliterum to get them up to 865 until I get better ones with ideal stats. My stats are the following:

STR 30,028
    Crit 34%
    Haste 23%
    Mastery 17%

My question would be, what boot stats should I pursue? Crit/Haste? If I ditch haste entirely on my boots my haste drops to 21%. So Crit/Vers? and ignore haste? should I just ignore versatility at this point? The only other item I have with mastery is my artifact weapon.

Thank you!
    i don't think it matters now with 855 ilvl or 845 ilvl once you get relics with 870+ you should swap to AW relic
    about the boots go crit/vers since haste will drop to 21%
    but what i see is your Vers! this number is .... you need to get to a higher vers stat

I feel that I have been underperforming for awhile now, but I cant figure out where my faults are outside of maybe just not having a Faulty Countermeasure or Ret useful legendary.

ilvl: 881
    Crit: 21/ Haste: 24/ Vers: 7/ Mastery: 26/

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...996441/latest/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...re/Suto/simple

Im primarily a healer so there arent many dps logs to work with, but im also the only healer of my group who is willing to play dps when required.
    Sorry if it shows that im in my Healing gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suto View Post
    I feel that I have been underperforming for awhile now, but I cant figure out where my faults are outside of maybe just not having a Faulty Countermeasure or Ret useful legendary.

Im primarily a healer so there arent many dps logs to work with, but im also the only healer of my group who is willing to play dps when required.
    Your parses generally are alright for your ilvl. Looking at your specifically low ones, Tichondrius and Star Augur.

Tichondrius:
    Using the wrong potion, should be using old war.
    Using the wrong talent, should be using divine hammer instead of blade of wrath.
    You only got 2 Crusades out, but on a 4min 30second fight you should of had 3.
    Wasted 8 holy power which is an extra 2 finishers (small but adds up).

Star Augur:
    4 TV's outside judgement window. Should aim to have 0.
    Wrong potion again, should be using Old War.
    Delayed your 3rd Crusade by about 30 seconds, so you couldn't get a 4th out before the end of the fight.

And obviously for both no on use trinket to line up with crusade. That's what I can see with a brief look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suto View Post

Your performance by item level is more than fine and I'm pretty sure you know it, especially considering you don't have any Ret legendaries and a Mastery stat stick.

Your bracket performance as Ret was as follows in your last N NH:
    Chronomatic Anomaly - 95%
    Trilliax - 95%
    Aluriel - 81%
    Krosus - 88%
    Tichondrius - 68%
    Etraeus - 73%

Only Tichondrius is below 70%, which is something you might want to look into. You wasted 1 Crusade near the end and wasted 1 TV outside of Judgment. That's all I can see in 5 seconds.

Claiming you are underperforming is, frankly, bullshit. I just can't imagine someone seeing he performs steadily in the top 15% of his peers, when he's badly itemized for his spec, claiming he's been underperforming for a while now.

Deleted
    hi guys just after any quick tips, im probably horrendous but here goes.

log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...AH7mr#fight=23

crit: 30%, haste: 19%, mastery: 23%, vers: 2%, leech: 2%

extra info: i use pawn as a basic (quick guide) to tell me if a piece of gear is better, i never really use forums and such and just go off what wowhead, icy and noxxic say. i am the raid leader so i concentrate more usually on shouting orders and watching everyone else than watching myself (casual guild) but anything im majorly doing wrong would be a help thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greavous View Post
    hi guys just after any quick tips, im probably horrendous but here goes.

log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...AH7mr#fight=23

crit: 30%, haste: 19%, mastery: 23%, vers: 2%, leech: 2%

extra info: i use pawn as a basic (quick guide) to tell me if a piece of gear is better, i never really use forums and such and just go off what wowhead, icy and noxxic say. i am the raid leader so i concentrate more usually on shouting orders and watching everyone else than watching myself (casual guild) but anything im majorly doing wrong would be a help thanks.
    Looking at your Krosus log:
    9 TV's outside judgement window, that needs to be 0.
    You only used 1 potion and it wasn't an old war pot. You should be prepotting, and then using another pot mid fight lined up with your cd window.
    You wasted 13 Holy power (generating Holy power when at max already), that's an extra 4 TV's you could have done.
    Your raid bloodlusted at a super random time. I assume it was when boss hit ~30%? So it didn't line up with any of your cd's.

I armoury'd you. Your trinkets are fucking terrible for ret. Here is a trinket list on which to gauge your trinkets, however Faulty countermeasure is usually a good shout so get farming VotW: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lview?sle=true

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    i don't think it matters now with 855 ilvl or 845 ilvl once you get relics with 870+ you should swap to AW relic
    about the boots go crit/vers since haste will drop to 21%
    but what i see is your Vers! this number is .... you need to get to a higher vers stat
    So just go with the higher relic? or at that low you don't think it really matters either way? Thanks for the advice Definitely trying to get my versatility up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I forgot to mention. If you use pawn without actually simming yourself to get stat weights for your character, its utterly useless, and you should ignore it completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    Hey,

Question:

STR 30,028
    Crit 34%
    Haste 23%
    Mastery 17%

Thank you!
    For your trinket, sim them and find out which gives you more dps. The skorpyron trinket is actually alright for us now that they've buffed it.
    You mastery is low enough that you can just stick with the boots you have, don't waste the time/mats/money on crafting new boots. Your vers is very low, you can afford to drop a little haste and crit to get vers up. But don't do so at the expense of strength (ilvl).

Ultimately you need to sim yourself to actually find out what are upgrades.

Thanks Nition. I guess the next question would be what do you guys use to sim? or where? I'm new to this whole dps and (pally) thing lol

Deleted
    Looking at your Krosus log:
    9 TV's outside judgement window, that needs to be 0.
    You only used 1 potion and it wasn't an old war pot. You should be prepotting, and then using another pot mid fight lined up with your cd window.
    You wasted 13 Holy power (generating Holy power when at max already), that's an extra 4 TV's you could have done.
    Your raid bloodlusted at a super random time. I assume it was when boss hit ~30%? So it didn't line up with any of your cd's.

I armoury'd you. Your trinkets are fucking terrible for ret. Here is a trinket list on which to gauge your trinkets, however Faulty countermeasure is usually a good shout so get farming VotW: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lview?sle=true
    thanks for the reply.

ill try and concentrate on my holy power mroe then, i do kinda jsut hit whatever isnt on cooldown at the time (never been one for rotations).
    i try and use a minor pot for pre-pot then old war for bloodlust (as they are expensive), this fight was probably a bad example.
    bloodlust again just a bad example, should have gone from the start tbh, we sometimes forget we even have it.

i know my trinkets are bad but i despise farming so im kinda stuck with them, i will keep a look out for better ones.

all good to know, so thanks again hopefully see an improvement soon.