Page 7 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gear Recommendations:
    - Change your boots to Pandaren Step for mastery
    - Also, the general consensus I get is unless the socket bonus is more than 60 of a stat, at early levels it's better to go spirit in the case of your shoulders, it's not a huge deal but just a mild suggestion

Glyphs:
    - Glyph of the Battle Healer and Blessed Life are more PvP glyphs
    1. You will not be meleeing the boss that much and when you do, battle healer is not going to heal that much cause you hit like a bug
    2. You will not be stunned or incapacitated often enough for the benefits of blessed life
    Some other glyphs commonly used are divinity (because most fights last shorter than 10 minutes and it's like an extra mana pot), divine protector (fights will physical damage), divine plea (reduce punishment from reduced healing while it's active)

General comments:
    - Your holy shock count could probably be a bit higher, in a 9 minute fight it's probably more likely you'll get 7-8 per minute
    - You could probably get more out of your light's hammer, trying to use it on cool down, placing it in a place you know people will stand
    - I don't see you using avenging wrath or divine favor, also divine plea could be used 4 times that fight, not sure if you're having mana or healing issues but these would definitely help your output

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Yeah on normal will there's hardly anything to heal so its hard to make a comparison, but what I mean by beacon swapping is not just beacon a different target, but constantly swap your beacon throughout the fight. It depends on which tank setup you're running as well, since for example our primary tank is a blood DK and their spiky self-healing turns my beacon into overhealing quite often. Sometimes I swap my beacon to funnel EF hots into someone at low HP even if have no intention of actually casting a heal at that point. I'm not sure of the throughput difference between the beacon healing from divine light and the healing value of a holy power from tower of radiance, but it seems pragmatic to beacon swap for divine light fairly often as well. Especially if only one person in the raid needs heals, then of course its a no-brainer.
    Thanks for the tip on swapping, I'll think more about it for this fight - probably will put beacon on the soaker, since the tank damage really just comes between dances. Aside from soaking and tank damage, if the fight is properly done the raid damage should be pretty minimal (just like normal will).

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals

I am a Tank by trade with a Holy off-spec. Last night I got my first chance to heal in a Guild raid environment and wanted some constructive feedback. I'm including my armory link, but please understand I only have off-spec opportunities on raid gear that no one wants or they already have it. The rest has been coming from LFR and the occasional Valor item when I didn't need to spend it on Tanking gear.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imina/advanced

World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o8...?s=6277&e=6835
    Spirit kings is one-healable, dunno why you chose to 3 heal it instead of having the other tank go dps.

In my opinion the ONLY glyph that matters is glyph of beacon. Many holy paladins don't fully utilize it, but its a godsend when you learn to.

Its pretty much impossible to analyze your gameplay on spirit kings because there was so little to heal. Your gear is fine - good, in fact, for the content you're doing.

Go ahead and get your LFR clears, that's the biggest no-no I can see.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Thanks for the tip on swapping, I'll think more about it for this fight - probably will put beacon on the soaker, since the tank damage really just comes between dances. Aside from soaking and tank damage, if the fight is properly done the raid damage should be pretty minimal (just like normal will).
    glad to help!

[Holy] New Healer Looking For Advice

Hello everyone!

I just picked up healing my Paladin and I have a few questions. Note that I don't have the 4p PvP or PvE set.

Link if you need it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B6r/simple

On to my concerns (regarding 25m raiding only)...

1) I've heard that EF blanketing (1HP) is the way to go. However, I'm having some worries about doing this. So far, i've only been doing LFR but I generally use Beacon on the MT, HS on CD (on whoever needs it, who doesn't already have Illuminated Healing pref), EF with 1HP on whoever is taking damage, then using a Holy Radiance or Divine Light (on the Beacon) depending on what's needed more to generate another HP, EF again, and repeat (the next HS will have Daybreak).

Should I only be using this method with the 4p PvP?

I've generally thought that is was HS on CD, HL as a filler, and 3HP EF's on who needs them... DL replacing HL for heavy damage, HR with heavy raid damage, and LoD replacing EF depending on the situation, when the damage is spread.

So what's generally better? Does it depend on the fight?

Any input is really appreciated, as I said before, i'm pretty new to Paladin healing.

Thanks everyone!!
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    Hello everyone!

I just picked up healing my Paladin and I have a few questions. Note that I don't have the 4p PvP or PvE set.

Link if you need it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B6r/simple

On to my concerns (regarding 25m raiding only)...

1) I've heard that EF blanketing (1HP) is the way to go. However, I'm having some worries about doing this. So far, i've only been doing LFR but I generally use Beacon on the MT, HS on CD (on whoever needs it, who doesn't already have Illuminated Healing pref), EF with 1HP on whoever is taking damage, then using a Holy Radiance or Divine Light (on the Beacon) depending on what's needed more to generate another HP, EF again, and repeat (the next HS will have Daybreak).
    If you don't have either the 4p PvP or PvE set, then you are probably better off not going the EF blanketing route especially for 25 man. Sacred shield is still a decent talent if kept up 100% and you could instead focus on more raid healing through LoD as in 25 man, the damage is going to be higher and on more people where your LoD will become more useful. I've never done EF blanketing with 1 HP, only 3 HP. It seems like a 1 HP is pretty inefficient but I guess I could see if you're looking to get DP procs off the 1 EF but generally I think they're referring to 3 HP EFs when they talk about EF blanketing, I'm not sure.

I've generally thought that is was HS on CD, HL as a filler, and 3HP EF's on who needs them... DL replacing HL for heavy damage, HR with heavy raid damage, and LoD replacing EF depending on the situation, when the damage is spread.
    I personally play more to this style except since my group has usually 4 people minimum in melee range and because I can afford to mana-wise, I usually use HR as a filler. It does depend on the fight though

Just wondering, do you guys use Healbot? How do you track the Eternal Flame on each person if you do? Mine doesn't seem to show any indication that the HoT is on somebody in Healbot...

Quote Originally Posted by garnkrevor View Post
    Just wondering, do you guys use Healbot? How do you track the Eternal Flame on each person if you do? Mine doesn't seem to show any indication that the HoT is on somebody in Healbot...
    Vuhdo is easily able to track this. I am sure grid is too but it requires DL'ing some extra plug ins.

Quote Originally Posted by jasputan View Post
    Vuhdo is easily able to track this. I am sure grid is too but it requires DL'ing some extra plug ins.
    I use Vuhdo as well and it has no problems tracking this nor most anything else. The fact that when someone is out of range, it tells you what direction they're in is a gamebreaker for me by itself.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I Come Before you...

So I am really liking Hpal atm. Seems to be solid PvP healer. So here is the thing, I see there are a lot of good talents and glyphs out there and I want to know if I am using the right ones and what you would suggest I change to make necessary improvements.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orrha/advanced

Also can someone tell me of the Glyph of protector of the innocent works for EF as well?

Feel free to critique, as that is what i am asking for, but be constructive, deep...DEEP down in my soul i have a couple of feelings left.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-Fix-my-Heals!

Post here instead, better chances at getting answers

15+ Year Old Account
    That would be correct, this thread will be the better place for your question!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    So I am really liking Hpal atm. Seems to be solid PvP healer. So here is the thing, I see there are a lot of good talents and glyphs out there and I want to know if I am using the right ones and what you would suggest I change to make necessary improvements.

Also can someone tell me of the Glyph of protector of the innocent works for EF as well?

Feel free to critique, as that is what i am asking for, but be constructive, deep...DEEP down in my soul i have a couple of feelings left.
    Hi there, I don't pvp much but I can confirm that PotI definitely works with Eternal Flame!
    Also I know that in raids glyph of illumination is a mana regen loss, but I realise you have chosen a crit build over mastery so perhaps the math is different, however non-glyphed was quite far ahead (and holy shock already has a 25% extra baseline chance to crit).

I would think in 2's and 3's Execution Sentence is stronger than Holy Prism, whether you use it offensively or defensively.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that pvp power and pvp resilience shit all over stam/int gems.

And lastly you should drop mining and level a better second prof asap... probably engineering I would think.

Best of luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post

Go full resilience gems as you are likely to be trained a lot being the healer.
    Red slot : int+resi
    blue slot : spirit+resil OR pvp power+resil
    yellow : resil

Since you are human and regemming might cost you a lot of regen, you might want to use Relic of Chi'ji instead of the resil+proc trinket.
    holy prism is by far the best choice since light hammer is unadapated to the heavy movement gameplay of PVP and ES is easily dispelled before the last tick (only one worth it). Holy prism is on a short CD and very powerful.

In 2s you may want to try Holy Avenger since it is extreme burst healing. On 3s both HA and divine purpose are good choices. I never played with SW as a healer but it might just work as well! Feel free to play around those talents to see which one fits you better and to what situations

For the first talent I cannot see any better choice than Speed of light. Poursuit of Justice is spiky and you don't need perma-speed since you are no cac chasing your target and you must cast, so stop moving. Long Arm of the Law require judgment which unless you spec Selfless healer is useless (but since Slefless healer is a dispellable buff, both talents combined are a waste in PvP). Speed of light is on only 45s CD and allow you to run away fast with a nice Freedom+Speed of Light combo.

You might want to drop blinding light glyphs since blinding players for 6sec is better than stun them for 3 IMO. Use blessed life instead for free HP. Glyph of illumination is a regen loss overall so use Protector of the innocent instead or any other glyph that might be more of use to your playstyle.

That's about it as far as I know. I hope some real pvp healer can help you more than I have since I barely do PVP, even if I'm always curious about doing it properly
    Good luck!
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-01-10 at 11:08 AM.

Hello!

I've been healing as a holy paladin for sometime now. Using the 4p PVP I have some questions.

Armory if you need it: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Lazius/advanced

Logs: worldoflogs.com/guilds/177430/

Questions is for 10m and 25m ( Currently guildless and debating 25ms )

Right now I cast EF on 3HP. To get HP I sit in melee as much as I can and CS. I use HR on proc, HS on CD,
    Though I still heal with HL an DL when needed.

Looking at other pally logs it seems that they barely use HL and DL at all...

Do I need to be hard casting HR?

Any suggestions regarding EF blanketing or anything in general would be awesome!

Thanks all!
    Last edited by Lazius; 2013-01-10 at 04:39 PM.

@ Lazius
    In 25M it's probably a good bet to cast HR as more people will be clumped together. With my current gear I'm hitting for 15K/30K crit on each person so if you can hit more than 3 people then you will be healing your Beacon for around the same amount as a Divine Light and you will be getting the 1 HP without needing to cast DL on your Beacon target which will transfer nothing with the Beacon or switching your Beacon around before casting DL. In 25M this is probably a better bet depending on the healing role you are assigned.

I don't think it's a bad idea to stand in melee and CS when you can but some things need to be kept in consideration. CS will take a tick of your global cooldown which you could have been using possibly putting absorption shields on the tank/raid. It also requires you to stand with the melee which on some fights may be detrimental. I'm still unsure of how melee and ranged roles are calculated but in our combo where we have 5 people standing in melee pretty regularly, I have stood in melee in addition and had a wind bomb suddenly be placed on me in the melee range and all hell was let loose for Wind Lord.

In the 5.2 PTR notes, the 4-set bonus for pvp has been changed to grant one holy power upon using FoL instead of EF which was in my opinion directly intended to nerf PvE usage of PvP gear. So you may want to think about getting your other gear ready but as we all know PTR notes are subject to change.

I'm just really confused on how some can get away with casting HL or DL a little or not at all.

My guess is that I need to be hard casting HR rather than DL? and Just ignore HL?

Yeah that's the general idea.

The reason why DL might not be as useful or commonly cast as HR is you only gain the HP when cast on the beacon. Since the beacon is usually on the tank, you will not be gaining the extra 50% transfer to your Beacon if you use DL on the Beacon, and you will not be gaining the holy power if you DL someone other than the Beacon. As I said above, you will be healing around the same value to the tank if your beacon is on them that you do from using DL as if you use HR on a group of >3 people. In 25M, there is a very good chance you will be hitting a lot more than three people easily so HR is probably even better there. In other words you can very easily get away with not using DL by using either faster spells such as holy shock or EF or spells with the potential to heal your tank more as well as put bubble on the rest of the raid such as HR.

HL which is even weaker than DL is not used often either despite 100% transfer to the tank because simply it's too weak of a heal and requires a fairly long cast time to healing output ratio compare to our other spells. It's basically used only in downtime to put absorb shields on raid members when you have nothing else to do.

For normal mode raids it appears that the BIS lists im finding it only includes a 2 peice? Is the 4 peice worth getting over the crafted hands and non tier chest?

where do you guys look for BIS gear.

BiS lists usually only consider item stats, not tier bonuses and the 4-piece tier bonus is most definitely worth getting. Mr. Robot is a good place to look for BiS gear and I believe that you can change in the options to make it select 4-piece gear. You can also restrict it to find only normal mode gear.

At the beginning, the off-piece for T14 is the pants due to lack of spirit so any tier will beat your crafted hands and non-tier chest. In my opinion, even wearing raid-finder gear to get the 4 set (not the 2 set) is worth it to scale down from 496 gear for the reduction to holy shock. However since BiS non-tier pants (with mastery) are only 502, at higher gear levels where spirit is less of an issue it is probably better to switch to using heroic tier 14 pants as they have mastery and are 509 and switch out another piece which doesn't have mastery (gloves, chest) for a 509 non-tier set which does.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    BiS lists usually only consider item stats, not tier bonuses and the 4-piece tier bonus is most definitely worth getting. Mr. Robot is a good place to look for BiS gear and I believe that you can change in the options to make it select 4-piece gear. You can also restrict it to find only normal mode gear.

At the beginning, the off-piece for T14 is the pants due to lack of spirit so any tier will beat your crafted hands and non-tier chest. In my opinion, even wearing raid-finder gear to get the 4 set (not the 2 set) is worth it to scale down from 496 gear for the reduction to holy shock. However since BiS non-tier pants (with mastery) are only 502, at higher gear levels where spirit is less of an issue it is probably better to switch to using heroic tier 14 pants as they have mastery and are 509 and switch out another piece which doesn't have mastery (gloves, chest) for a 509 non-tier set which does.
    The moment you don't need Mastery, you'd quicker switch to Haste than switch away from Spirit.