Hello friends! Terrier here to report back on whats up!

Great success! Currently sitting at 8/14h as of this week (stupid shamans finally ded, fun fight tho). So I come back to you peeps to ask for further opinions on what to improve and more funsies! Plus, I have apparently a reforging problem since I'm over hit cap, which is annoying. So, links:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rieress/simple > Armory
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h4xhlv5sbvvpto44/ > Malkorok and beyond NM
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k35hat4x7h601zq0/ > First 4 HM
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8nsdp53o89qcqlt8/ > First Shamans kill

As always absolutelly appreciate any kind of feedback you guys would like to give to me, since it is really appreciated!

Until then.
    Terrier

Deleted
    are prot pallies best tanks atm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by red9 View Post
    are prot pallies best tanks atm?
    All tanks are very close but I do feel like Prot Warriors are the strongest of them all. Each tank shines on each fights though.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. In short. Still very good though, and it changes on each fight. I don't think that it makes that much of a difference unless you're pushing for really top end raiding (which by now, noone is).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    No. In short. Still very good though, and it changes on each fight. I don't think that it makes that much of a difference unless you're pushing for really top end raiding (which by now, noone is).
    And, as evidenced by many top guilds, they often take the better tank player than the better tank class (so long as a strategy does not call for a certain tank class, like kiting bats on Tortos).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And, as evidenced by many top guilds, they often take the better tank player than the better tank class (so long as a strategy does not call for a certain tank class, like kiting bats on Tortos).
    Yeah I mean before this tier I knew more about tanks in top guilds but I did notice that for the Blizzcon live raid which I watched, both Midwinter and Method used a Warrior and a Monk. I noticed checking the armory that Slootbag appears to play his monk more and then Rigg has been playing his monk this tier and a lot of last tier as well. Despite that I know Treckie does a lot of tanking for Method still.

I don't know really, thing is that no matter what tank class you play, any good tank is going to excel at it as mashing buttons is only a small part - it's the 360 degree awareness and planning on the fly that makes the difference. That's universal once you get good at one type of tanking.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yeah I mean before this tier I knew more about tanks in top guilds but I did notice that for the Blizzcon live raid which I watched, both Midwinter and Method used a Warrior and a Monk. I noticed checking the armory that Slootbag appears to play his monk more and then Rigg has been playing his monk this tier and a lot of last tier as well. Despite that I know Treckie does a lot of tanking for Method still.

I don't know really, thing is that no matter what tank class you play, any good tank is going to excel at it as mashing buttons is only a small part - it's the 360 degree awareness and planning on the fly that makes the difference. That's universal once you get good at one type of tanking.
    Rigg has been playing his monk most for atleast the last 2 tiers. Sloot plays his Warrior and Paladin most now, went with his warrior for the back end of Siege. Treckie has stuck with his Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok, got them mixed up. Thanks for the clarification

Deleted
    whats the take on the Legendary cloak? Will be getting it for my prot pala next lockout. Should i go for the tankversion first (heroic progress raiding) and use DPS for farmcontent?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some people who are using the dps cloak even for progress but they're 10mans only, I've not seen a 25man using the dps cloak at all come to think of it, be it for farming or progress. I think we had an argument about this either on here or on the prot guide but I can't remember what we decided. You're probably going to get different answers depending on who you ask but I would advise the tank cloak for progress definitely, and then swap to dps cloak if you really want to for farm content but you'd have to buy another one so if you don't play ret then fuck that

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    whats the take on the Legendary cloak? Will be getting it for my prot pala next lockout. Should i go for the tankversion first (heroic progress raiding) and use DPS for farmcontent?
    10man normal speaking:
    Personnaly I first used the dps one on normal progression...but to finally switch to the tank one.
    I can't remember when its dps has mattered much (on Galakras it's okish if you are not on tower duty and on Paragons it did a lot but you can consider that 2/3 of it is wasted). Whereas I saw the tank cloak proced sometimes when we had troubles (it proced twice for me and my co-tank on our first nm Garrosh kill, p3-p4 panic ya know).
    It will not 100% save your life each times (there were situations where it proced but I died anyway) but I still find it more valuable than basically a bit more haste, a nerfed proc and secondary stats to reforge into exp depending on your stuff.
    Lastly we will now begin HM and I will feel more comfortable with this (one more) safeguard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    I'm on 10/14HC and using tank cloak almost for every encounter, the only ones I have used the DPS one was on Galakkras (I still using it for the AOE it does and because with proper use of CDs it's impossible to die), and also on Spoils HM because if we have bad luck and we do not get the Mistweaver panda we go for a tight mogu phase. Rest of them either DPS does not care too much or you need it for survival (Jugger, Shamans, Nazgrim, Malkorok, Thok, Siege, Paragons, Garrosh)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just for info/curiosity, what %ages of your dps did it did on Galakkras/Spoils fights ?
    I can see using it there but for Galakkras, do you tank switch then ? Because in nm I just take it from 100 to 0.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

Deleted
    I've used the tank cloak on every heroic encounter - I don't "need" it on most, but I don't need to whore dps on farm so I'd rather have the safety-net. On the last 3 bosses it is downright amazing too.

Deleted
    Alright, thanks for the replies. I'll get the DPS one also since i have ret OS, might be fun on fights like Galakras.
    Any way of tracking the prot versions procc? You need weakauras or something?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=148010

That is the spellID of the debuff you get when the cloak procs.

25M: I also use the tank cloak on every fight like Space for its 'safety net.' This reset I had planned to sub in the DPS cloak for H Sha to help down adds and to pad meters, because on our previous kill I was never in danger of dying, like ever. I forgot to switch, though, which worked in our favor because the pull went to hell after 30% and almost our whole raid died, including my co-tank. There were about five of us standing at the end, and despite burning heavy CDs to survive the billion some odd adds on me, I noticed that my cloak had still proc'd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    Just for info/curiosity, what %ages of your dps did it did on Galakkras/Spoils fights ?
    I can see using it there but for Galakkras, do you tank switch then ? Because in nm I just take it from 100 to 0.
    It goes from 8 - 10% aprox. Will check it next wednesday and post it here.

Mainly, and one thing that I have forgot on my last post, on my guild we have to all push a lot the DPS because 2 of our DPS didn't had Legen cloak, next week all will go much smoother and then you can easily go for the "safer version".

Hi guys, I posted here last week in regards to feeling like I get hit too hard - making it hard for healers to heal me.

I've taken the input given and these are some things I've been trying to work on:
    *On taunt swaps, make sure I have 5HP before i taunt.
    *If i dont have enough HP for the taunt, use a DP, so I don't get rolled because I don't have active mitigation up.
    *Try and time SoTR's with the melee swing of the boss, don't cast it when theres no physical damage going out.
    *I've changed from holy avenger to Divine Purpose on most fights.

One question I have is when does SS > EF? My friend told me to use SS on fights with an immense amount of physical damage, instead of EF. I'd just like to know if this is true?
    Also, I prefer to use Light's Hammer on virtually every fight, I like the utility it gives me for threat, slows, heals, etc. But some people say Holy Prism is better, is it a noticable difference?

I also fraps'd a kill of Seigecrafter this week, and am just wondering if anyone could watch it to see if they have any tips they could give me.
    From watching it I noticed that I do use my small CD's, but I am a bit "trigger shy" when it comes to blowing my big CD's. I'm not sure why, I always feel like I need to keep it for an "oh F***" moment.
    I also noticed I tend to leave EF off for about ~5 seconds if I know that I'm going to take a big hit (like from 100% to 30%), because I can use it to top myself back up. Is this a good way to use it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msrOr9yS7KI
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teara/advanced

After my last post, and now that I have a 4 set, on most boss kills I have >90% uptime on EF, and >50% uptime on SoTR now that I use Divine Purpose. I feel like I've improved so thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fine to me, but you could use some sort of tracking for EF/vengeance. You refresh EF a few times with zero/low vengeance, thats not useful because it has almost no healing power. Like you said, wait just a bit until you take a decent hit and EF your health back up.

Also relating to this, if you track vengeance you can overwrite your current EF with a much more powerful one on damage spikes, so that you have 30 sec of nice healing coverage. Here is an aura someone posted here on MMO that helps. It tracks EF, its current value and green/red coloured its on higher/lower vengeance than current.

pastebin dot com/2WitUuT2 (can't post links).

On the SS vs EF, unless you dont have 4set and/or enjoy the playstyle, EF all the way.