Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I really enjoyed siegecrafter tbh. Actually doing the fight and its mechanics has its charms

What item level are you guys doing it zerg style sitting on?
    Our Avg Ilvl is 570 for our raid. Though I saw some EU guild do it like 7 weeks ago with like 565 ilvl or something

Deleted
    Hello, so I've been playing brewmaster monk for the longer part of this expansion, but now that my guild has hit thok heroic and we have an absolute lack of any kind of paladin in the raid, it fell upon me to basically "reroll" one of my tank alts to solotank this dinosaur back into the stone age.

http//worldoflogsDOTcom/reports/qy1fc85a6nbajuxq/dashboard/?enc=wipes&boss=71529
    http//euDOTbattleDOTnet/wow/en/character/bladefist/Riley/advanced

Im looking for help on what Im doing wrong, basically anything from gearing to rotation to cd usage, because for the most part when I died it was basically a oneshot.
    Apart from that, how do I handle the frozen door, when I dont have any HoP's left to give myself, Im left sitting there with the ability to bubble after the first 4 stacks, yet the second time around I will get frozen and either die/or it becomes really sketchy.
    Any help/suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Klawlok View Post
    http//worldoflogsDOTcom/reports/qy1fc85a6nbajuxq/dashboard/?enc=wipes&boss=71529
    http//euDOTbattleDOTnet/wow/en/character/bladefist/Riley/advanced
    just coz link are annoying for anyone else to look -
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qy1fc...pes&boss=71529
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Riley/advanced

So first off cant say i know much about thok as only 9/14 atm and about to start spoils properly at this rate after xmas. On a pala tank side of things gear overall looks good, although get the feeling you have grabbed whatever you could to make a set. Far as i understand it tank damage on solo tank thok can scale quite high and your not exactly geared for it, 547 personaly i would say is a bit undergeared for thok hc if your at this point in the tier. Holy prism far as i know just isn't worth it, personaly i always takes lights hammer on that fight as with high veng its aoe healing on the group can be pretty nuts.

Far as ice door goes as i said i havent done yet but from what i seen quite a few simplely external cd the tank and range kill the ice block.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybird View Post
    Far as i understand it tank damage on solo tank thok can scale quite high and your not exactly geared for it, 547 personaly i would say is a bit undergeared for thok hc if your at this point in the tier. Holy prism far as i know just isn't worth it, personaly i always takes lights hammer on that fight as with high veng its aoe healing on the group can be pretty nuts
    It is not like the bosses hits harder the further into the tier. Being 547, wihle probably lower than people would expect at this point in the tier, is completely fine. Especially considering that the healers are probably geared. I had 543 ilvl the first time we killed Thok HC and I did not have any set bonuses, he got 547 with 4p. One of our healers was OS healing and another had just rerolled class and was severely undegeared. Even so, I did not feel like I was overly squishy. Sure, I could have used more gear, but my point is that being at 547 is more than enough for Thok HC.

@Riley if you are having a problem, why not go with 2 tanks? It is not like you have to solo tank Thok.
    Most people that solo tank deal with the frost phase by simply making it super super short to not get the tank frozen.

Hmm, 60 pulls on paragons and seen 7 of em die, but the fight is helluva more intensive than Blackfuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Hmm, 60 pulls on paragons and seen 7 of em die, but the fight is helluva more intensive than Blackfuse.
    Paragons by far my favorite fight this tier Which bosses you saving for last?

Paragons by far my favorite fight this tier Which bosses you saving for last?
    Last 3 : Manipulator, Locust,Wind reaver (will be killing em in that order)
    Tbh i can't say that it's my fav fight (atm, simply due to how glitchy mechanics are), but it's more more interesting than blackfuse when you'd just tank and use specific cds at specific times.
    I feel like klaxxi are a lot more reaction based.

so we got our first h immerseus kill this week and the the treds of unchained hate drop warforged, are those heroic boots better then warforged wolf-riders i cant find any gearlists that help at all so i figured id ask
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adorn/advanced

also 50% melee haste with raid buff is hard cap and there is no reason to have more then that ?
    Last edited by omaga; 2013-12-06 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by omaga View Post
    so we got our first h immerseus kill this week and the the treds of unchained hate drop warforged, are those heroic boots better then warforged wolf-riders i cant find any gearlists that help at all so i figured id ask
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adorn/advanced

also 50% melee haste with raid buff is hard cap and there is no reason to have more then that ?
    Might want to stay with the wolf riders - hit/parry isn't really a good stat combo.

And by now I wonder why the guide doesn't state that the haste cap is 21250 (50% ACTUAL haste not melee attackspeed) - kind of annoying to have that question pop up once per week /:

^^^^^
    It really should!

Haste cap is 21,250 rating. Just don't think in terms of %'s as prot. It is just 21,250 haste.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some will say iLvl always wins, some other will say proper stats are better.
    I feel once you're correctly geared (~550-560) as a paltank, you can keep lower iLvl item with more haste on it than a better one without.
    The only loss is armor, which is a good passive stats (stam isn't really needed past 800-850k health except for last couple of H bosses as said previously).
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

Deleted
    To firefly33
    The idea behind the 1tanking strat was freeing up a dps spot while keeping tank damage as high as possible.
    Would you say bringing a second tank would increase raiddps moreso than having only 1 tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    ^^^^^
    It really should!

Haste cap is 21,250 rating. Just don't think in terms of %'s as prot. It is just 21,250 haste.
    Will add it in. Should point out though that most people don't read the guide anyway and just come ask questions, the majority of questions we get asked that aren't haste based are on the guide anyway.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Will add it in. Should point out though that most people don't read the guide anyway and just come ask questions, the majority of questions we get asked that aren't haste based are on the guide anyway.
    Well maybe it should be added to the first post in this topic as well ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klawlok View Post
    To firefly33
    The idea behind the 1tanking strat was freeing up a dps spot while keeping tank damage as high as possible.
    Would you say bringing a second tank would increase raiddps moreso than having only 1 tank?
    If you are referring to Thok, I did not say it would increase raid dps. I said that if they were having problem with tank deaths while solo tanking going with two tanks is a viable option to remove tank deaths. It would of course lower their raid dps but it is not like you need to solo tank Thok to beat the enrage.

A second tank of course wont increase more dps than a dps, especially at these gear levels. There is a few benefits of having a second tank though, and that is that you can stay in phases reliably longer, especially in the ice phase, and being able to stay in ice phase 10 stacks longer is a huge damage gain. The other benefit is that there is 1 person less for the healers to heal, especially durig transitions. But overall, if you have the tanks and healers to handle solo tanking, of course do it. My response was entirely on the premiss that solo tankig was not working out that good for that specific raid group, in which case duo tankig seems like an obvious choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Last 3 : Manipulator, Locust,Wind reaver (will be killing em in that order)
    Tbh i can't say that it's my fav fight (atm, simply due to how glitchy mechanics are), but it's more more interesting than blackfuse when you'd just tank and use specific cds at specific times.
    I feel like klaxxi are a lot more reaction based.
    Oh, any reason you are killing Iyyokuk so early? We always killed him last since he really does not do anything and his enrage is not a one-shot. We found that the tank damage from the other bosses was far more dangerous than the raid damage from Iyyokuk.
    We killed the last four Manipulator Locust Reaver Lucid in that order I believe. Only reason we killed Manipulator was basically that it was such a waste of dps switching to kunchongs all the time. With higher gear i guess it is possible to kill him later. It makes the fight a lot easier in my opinion to get Locust and Windreaver down earlier.

Oh, any reason you are killing Iyyokuk so early? We always killed him last since he really does not do anything and his enrage is not a one-shot. We found that the tank damage from the other bosses was far more dangerous than the raid damage from Iyyokuk.
    We killed the last four Manipulator Locust Reaver Lucid in that order I believe. Only reason we killed Manipulator was basically that it was such a waste of dps switching to kunchongs all the time. With higher gear i guess it is possible to kill him later. It makes the fight a lot easier in my opinion to get Locust and Windreaver down earlier.
    Tbh i'm not sure if it's a 2 vs 3 heal issue, but our healers def weren't having fun with the fiery lines.
    And while tank damage does get sort of funny we haven't really had that many clean attempts at that point of time (mb 2).
    Plus i noticed that even with all 3 of em attacking me i'm able to stay alive for mb 40 sec ? (even w/o any cds rolling)
    So the damage is sort of manageable. (Granted my HPS did jump to 300k+ for that point of fight)

Deleted
    Tbh i'm not sure if it's a 2 vs 3 heal issue, but our healers def weren't having fun with the fiery lines.
    And while tank damage does get sort of funny we haven't really had that many clean attempts at that point of time (mb 2).
    Plus i noticed that even with all 3 of em attacking me i'm able to stay alive for mb 40 sec ? (even w/o any cds rolling)
    So the damage is sort of manageable. (Granted my HPS did jump to 300k+ for that point of fight)
    We were using 2 heals for 95% of the progression, was on the 9th paragon with 2 healers. Then we decided to go with 3 healers, but that was simply because we realised we would still meet the enrage and it hepled us with a lot of derping. The problem for us was not the last paragons, it was getting there clean. Always someone derping up, someone dying by whirling, by the poisons, by the amber bombs etc. So we went 3 healers on the last few pulls to counter derping and it got us the kill quickly.

We were using 2 heals for 95% of the progression, was on the 9th paragon with 2 healers. Then we decided to go with 3 healers, but that was simply because we realised we would still meet the enrage and it hepled us with a lot of derping. The problem for us was not the last paragons, it was getting there clean. Always someone derping up, someone dying by whirling, by the poisons, by the amber bombs etc. So we went 3 healers on the last few pulls to counter derping and it got us the kill quickly.
    Purty sure if we go 3 heals we won't be able to burst skeer <_<
    On the topic of paragons, i noticed that the orange exploding rings seem to dissapear after doing damage (or mb just me seeing things)
    Would it be possible to tanks to clear em out so the raid doesn't move ?

Deleted
    Purty sure if we go 3 heals we won't be able to burst skeer <_<
    On the topic of paragons, i noticed that the orange exploding rings seem to dissapear after doing damage (or mb just me seeing things)
    Would it be possible to tanks to clear em out so the raid doesn't move ?
    I know that the ring that you drop yourself does not show for yourself but it shows for everyone else, maybe that animation bugging out that you are noticing. Or maybe if you get hit by something it stops showing for you but the rest of the team can for sure get hit by them. Not sure exactly how the animation works for that. But you cant soak them atleast.

Not being able to burst skeer? What? :P Of course you would, especially with current item levels. If you had the dps to burst siegecrafter (iirc you said you did burst it, could remember badly) you can burst skeer. We were not even remotely close of having the dps to be able to burst siegecrafter when we killed it.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-12-06 at 04:12 PM.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amano/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: 11/14 Farm Clear, Blackfuse attempts, Flex Wing 4
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Saca asked me to post this for him as he's not able to post links right now (new account). Looking for any feedback regarding increasing tank DPS (or just constructive feedback on anything in general, I suppose). Decided to post here because we had an issue on flex Garrosh last night where I (on my blood DK) was consistently pulling AE threat from Saca during phase 1 unless I made a real effort to hold back on any AE damage. Saca says his biggest issue is holding AE threat again monks and DKs. Thanks in advance for any help!