Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure pallies actually have the largest gap between bads and goods.
    So many times have I seen pallies in flex who go full haste but don't utilise half of it. So low damage, so low uptime.

What we do is have the non-soaking tank start with the boss, then taunt after the first arcing smash.
    We have me, the soaker, tank first and take 15 stacks. Might be a bit more safe I guess, because it seems you guys go upwards of 20 stacks?

Edit: Scratch that, I'm dumb. Can't into mathematics.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2014-01-24 at 10:48 AM.

Yeah I'm pretty sure pallies actually have the largest gap between bads and goods.
    Even worse than the warriors that don't use Shield Block (I quote) "because it is too expensive" and then don't even use Sbar properly? And that's with glyphing Shield Slam to do more damage while SB is active >.>

Also, if you don't have a monk that knows what they are doing, you might as well have a mage or a rogue tanking. They'll take about the same amount of damage and will do rather more damage before they inevitably die.

Sorry, just ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Even worse than the warriors that don't use Shield Block (I quote) "because it is too expensive" and then don't even use Sbar properly? And that's with glyphing Shield Slam to do more damage while SB is active >.>
    Yeah the dps warrior in my raid was forced to tank for a few weeks - when I wondered how he managed to die on a warrior I found out that he only utilized about 70% of his rage.... wondering where that rage had gone I found out he had a significant amount of non-crit heroic strikes. (and since ultimatum is auto-crit that means a looooot of wasted rage)

Anywho back to paladins - this is not the first post of someone who only has like 25% ShoR uptime which is pretty crazy when 50%+ is easily doable. Paladin probably has one of the fastest rotation among all specs at close to 50% haste with 1 ability per sec plus severall off-gcd abilities that can be used simultaneously would be my guess why the gap is larger (prot warrior in comparison is extremely slow and blood DK while having a 1 sec gcd only has like 2 abilities and nothing off the gcd).

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

What we do is have the non-soaking tank start with the boss, then taunt after the first arcing smash.
    We swap who gets to start every week so we all get a shot at those fun ranks.

But usually whoever starts takes +/- 30 stacks then resets and then later on ends up with 10+ stacks for the bloodrage (both tanks soaking) this vengeance caps us with rallying cry up(1.3M Health). Rather fun - lots of damage.

I was messing around with AMR to generate an updated BiS list, and I can't seem to get it to push haste past 47.76%. Does anyone have stat weights they can share to help me out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins are far from faceroll. I also see a lot of decked out haste paladins who don't understand how to utilize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strohm View Post
    I was messing around with AMR to generate an updated BiS list, and I can't seem to get it to push haste past 47.76%. Does anyone have stat weights they can share to help me out?
    That is all the haste you need. 750 haste elixir + 2250 armor elixir = haste capped.

If you didn't want to use those and use a stam flask(might as well use nothing if you use a stam flask) idk lol.

You should be using haste/crit boots and haste/crit ring as well. Don't grab the mastery hit or mastery exp ring and esp not that haste/exp boots

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, i come here, to this part of the class forums , to seek out some help for our paladin tank.

Currently main raid 3 days a week and have an alt raid on Saturdays. Our paladin tank is taking a lot of damage and being a warrior tank myself,
    i am not versed in how and what paladins are meant to do whilst tanking.

Please could you look over his armory and our latest logs for the night and let me know what he could do better to reduce the damage he takes during the encounters.

Armory: Here
    WoL's: Here

Thanks kindly in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    Armory: Here
    WoL's: Here
    So that pally basically has no trinkets equipped. Juggernaut's is really bad for a pally. Vial of the Sanguinaire should never be used by anyone other than a druid tanking 20 targets - base stats are bad while the proc is just awful.
    Shield is extremely low level.
    No legendary quest items.
    No belt buckle.
    Ignoring really good helm socket bonus.
    Using Sacred Shield instead of Eternal Flame. (especially with 4p that's just ....)
    Pursuit of Justice is the worst t1 talent.
    Glyph of Avenging Wrath is useless.

As for the logs:
    ShoR uptime is somewhat low but I've seen much worse.
    Sacred Shield uptime is poor (but should be replaced with EF anyway)

Logs don't seem too bad overall, but gear/glyph/talents could use some work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your time Nillo. Really appreciate it bud. <3
    I will pass on the information to him.

edit: Stupid question, his 4pc would improve his Eternal Flame as it replaces word of glory?

Deleted

edit: Stupid question, his 4pc would improve his Eternal Flame as it replaces word of glory?
    Yes. This is a 6 second increase in uptime per minute for SoTR and with DP it's even more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    Yes. This is a 6 second increase in uptime per minute for SoTR and with DP it's even more.
    It increases your SotR uptime by 3 seconds per time you use EF, 4 seconds with DP.

4pc makes it easier to keep up the EF hot so yeah.
    Anywho EF is better than SS since 5.4 due to the SS nerf and EF self heal buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused (nothing new there) how does this increase the uptime of SotR if you use EF?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you aren't spending Holy Power on EF meaning you can spend that Holy Power on another SHOTR.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I'm confused (nothing new there) how does this increase the uptime of SotR if you use EF?
    It removes the cost of EF which allows you to cast an extra SotR cast instead.

I.e. 30 HoPo no 4p - 8 SotR 2 EF
    30 HoPo 4p - 10 SotR 2 EF

DP no 4p - 10 chances of procs, average 10 seconds of extra SotR
    DP 4p - 12 chances of procs, average 12 second of extra Sotr

15+ Year Old Account
    OK! I see now!! I'm with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    You should be using haste/crit boots and haste/crit ring as well. Don't grab the mastery hit or mastery exp ring and esp not that haste/exp boots
    Umm, I don't really see how crit beats expertise for prot pallies, would you be so kind to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mierzei View Post
    Umm, I don't really see how crit beats expertise for prot pallies, would you be so kind to elaborate?
    Because Haste is greater than everything combined. Mastery / Exp is worse than Haste / Crit is 99.9% of situations. Also, you will never really not need the haste if you have the right gear so you will need the Haste / Crit boots.

Now adays we have too much gear there is almost 0 reason to go for mastery when you can just go for some crit on the side for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mierzei View Post
    I guess he was talking about the exp/mastery boots - which if you're aiming for crit/haste are far from optimal. On the other hand crit/haste is just the perfect stat combo once you have the gear to stay alive without the added mastery.