Deleted
    if you can, change Ji'kuns to ShadoPan exp/str. proc. Not big change but should be an improvement. Also, you are very close to 30% haste(that's another tick of SS) try to reach that even if going slightly under exp hard cap(gem belt with all haste gems, should be enough for 30%)

Quote Originally Posted by Quanee View Post
    Which trinkets do you think would be the best choice for pure haste build on heroic? I know that Spark has that guaranteed spot but what about the second one? Ji kuns would be nice I suppose but that proc looks terrible.
    Myself I'm thinking about using the dps-trinket from Ji-kun rather then the tanking one. Right now I'm using a normal Lei Shen's Final Orders 2/2 upgrades as my second trinket. But if I'm lucky enough to get the hc Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun I'm probably going to use that instead. With reforging I will probably get almost the same amount of haste as LSFO and from what I have heard that strength proc is insane.

But I'm doing 10 man where the bosses usually hit like wet noodles so I'm rarely in any danger of dying, that's why I'm focusing a lot on dps (and dps = more healing) if I was doing 25 man I would probably go for a stamina trinket instead.

Deleted
    Also, would you guys consider getting Dark Animus helm and Tortos shoulders (both crit/haste) just for that additional haste? I was working on my wishlist recently and these two are giving me hard time.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want additional haste, get the shoulders which drop at all bosses (IF you can get them).
    For the helm, just take the retribution one.

that being said, only if you want maximum haste out of these two slots.

Also, would you guys consider getting Dark Animus helm and Tortos shoulders (both crit/haste) just for that additional haste? I was working on my wishlist recently and these two are giving me hard time.
    I'm using the crafted haste/mastery helm, even thou there is no tf/hc version of it it's really fine:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94266
    The heroic retri head will probably be bis but at least for me it will take a lote more time before I can my hands on that one.

I'm using Tortor shoulders right now, they are pretty decent, but I'm praying to the RNG gods that the haste/mastery shoulders that can drop from every boss will drop next week:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=96617
    Last edited by Ater; 2013-04-23 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    If you want additional haste, get the shoulders which drop at all bosses (IF you can get them).
    For the helm, just take the retribution one.

that being said, only if you want maximum haste out of these two slots.
    Retribution one as in Tier or Dark Animus drop?

15+ Year Old Account
    Tier. Tier helm has Hit/Haste, while the Dark Animus helm has Crit/Haste. You can also take the Retribution Tier Chest (Haste/Exp + 3 sockets for a whooping 1751 Haste on one item). then you have the 2 pc setbonus, but it does nothing for you as a tank. perfect

the retribution chest is usually taken by prot tanks (if they can afford it to get it), but the helm is only used if you ignore the 2pc prot bonus (which is, if used, helm+shoulders, but again, this is lower haste than retribution helm + rnd boss drop shoulders.)
    Last edited by xebtria; 2013-04-23 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Tier. Tier helm has Hit/Haste, while the Dark Animus helm has Crit/Haste. You can also take the Retribution Tier Chest (Haste/Exp + 3 sockets for a whooping 1751 Haste on one item). then you have the 2 pc setbonus, but it does nothing for you as a tank. perfect

the retribution chest is usually taken by prot tanks (if they can afford it to get it), but the helm is only used if you ignore the 2pc prot bonus (which is, if used, helm+shoulders, but again, this is lower haste than retribution helm + rnd boss drop shoulders.)
    I simply can't believe I missed the fact that Ret tier has Hit/Haste on it, damn. Thanks a lot for clarification. As for the chest, I'm definitely going for Ret one of course, already running with normal version.

I'm running a high haste build (not MAX, just "when possible") pushing 15k+ haste right now. Here is what I opted for (and why) in those slots.

I'm rocking the HC Tortos shoulders, as the generic drop ones haven't shown up. Not too mad about the crit (which went to expertise anyway). I'm stuck with HC Horridon helmet (dodge/parry ewww) just due to the item level. I have 522 Animus hat that I use for Ret, but I feel that a 522 haste/crit is not THAT much better than the stats on a 535 D/P helm...given that I'm already well past 30% haste at least. It's the one piece I have that is NOT haste, so I'll live with it for now. Maybe later I'll pick up a helm off of HC Twins, but conq rarely/never drops and I won't take that over our priests/locks.

Got "lucky" with the chest off of Jinrohk on our first heroic kill, and have been using that over tier chest (since HC hit/mast is still > 522 tier, to me)...will probably stick with that for a while since that whole "dark animus is really hard on heroic" thing.

Oh, and yes, JiKun DPS trinket is a monster tank trinket!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    What would you say about crafted Ret boots? I can't really seem to find anything suitable for T15 bis besides HC Thunderforged Twins and that's only stamina + really low haste gain pretty much. Ra-den seems bit useless without any haste on it and except that there's nothing that could match haste/exp/mastery gain from crafted ones.

Also, got Spark HC today, 30%+ haste o/

What would you say about crafted Ret boots? I can't really seem to find anything suitable for T15 bis besides HC Thunderforged Twins and that's only stamina + really low haste gain pretty much. Ra-den seems bit useless without any haste on it and except that there's nothing that could match haste/exp/mastery gain from crafted ones.

Also, got Spark HC today, 30%+ haste o/
    I think the crafted boots are BiS until next tier. The other boots only have one socket and (IIRC) a crappy socket bonus.

Deleted
    Any standard advice for solo tanking tortos heroic? Was considering if mastery or stamina might be more beneficial than haste here to mitigate bites or increase the max shell. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ayunae/simple

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think the crafted boots are BiS until next tier. The other boots only have one socket and (IIRC) a crappy socket bonus.
    just don't make the mistake and be fully excited and the someone else craft the boots (because they just don't proc on two blacksmithes on your own account) and after you're done, realize you instructed that guy wrong and let him craft the hit/mastery ones. because then they result in pretty expensive boots, costing 12 spirits and so on.

I'm still not over it. fucking "oh it's 5 am let's craft dem boots".

Deleted
    just don't make the mistake and be fully excited and the someone else craft the boots (because they just don't proc on two blacksmithes on your own account) and after you're done, realize you instructed that guy wrong and let him craft the hit/mastery ones. because then they result in pretty expensive boots, costing 12 spirits and so on.

I'm still not over it. fucking "oh it's 5 am let's craft dem boots".
    Damn, sorry to hear man. Didn't you open ticket?

15+ Year Old Account
    I got told they only can restore items you crafted by yourself. when someone else crafted them they cant do it. some stuff about botting/duping protection, what do I know. and the guy who crafted it seems to have changed servers or names or whatever, I can't friend him, player not found. but I don't think that it would be possible anyways, because it is now bop, obviously.

but I don't complain. that's called learning it the hard way. Spirits are getting cheaper. and well, they are still better than the other crap that drops in ToT. and certainly better than the 476 I had before

Can anyone recommend if there is an ideal time to clear stacks on Durumu when you're solo tanking? Last night my group was working on him and aside from various times of people lagging/failing to mechanics there were a couple pulls where I killed our mage - due to him getting melee'd during the global it takes me to BOP and cancel aura. It seems also when I was reviewing it that I also caused our ret pally and warrior to get hit once each on different pulls. I currently have my BOP macro'd so I double click it to use and cancel, am I just not doing this quick enough?

Any tips you can provide for this will be appreciated - we ended up finishing off our attempts 2 tanking with my bear OT - but I really think using 2 tanks is just extra unnecessary healing to do.

Here is the logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...um/damageDone/

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...railz/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Yayorelay View Post
    Can anyone recommend if there is an ideal time to clear stacks on Durumu when you're solo tanking? Last night my group was working on him and aside from various times of people lagging/failing to mechanics there were a couple pulls where I killed our mage - due to him getting melee'd during the global it takes me to BOP and cancel aura. It seems also when I was reviewing it that I also caused our ret pally and warrior to get hit once each on different pulls. I currently have my BOP macro'd so I double click it to use and cancel, am I just not doing this quick enough?

Any tips you can provide for this will be appreciated - we ended up finishing off our attempts 2 tanking with my bear OT - but I really think using 2 tanks is just extra unnecessary healing to do.

Here is the logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...um/damageDone/

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...railz/advanced
    Clear at 6+ stacks. This will allow you to go into the Maze phase with a 5 stack, which will fall off/not matter during the maze, so a free reset there. Shouldnt get a second maze phase, but the same rule about 6 applies again.

If you pick up Hand of Purity (you should!) for this fight, it makes management of the DoT really easy. With a well-timed WOG you can usually avoid any DOT at all, but if you are dipping, HoPur allows time to get topped.Or, you can let it tick for big vengeance (like I do ) and use it later to stabilize.

When clearing with BoP/Bubble, taunt the boss as you go into the GCD, and the taunt will keep him stuck to you while you cancelaura.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I clear it on the first hard stare after the tripple beams start.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I clear it on the first hard stare after the tripple beams start.
    I believe that is 6, FYI.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Tomatoe tomatoo

Never counted them haha