Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    so you comparing your business to one the size of walmart/microsoft/Pappa johns??????

I really don't get the point of ur original reply to me.
    You weren't limiting your post to a specific business size or volume threshold. Just because you make a post about "Businesses take so many tax cuts they pay less then 1% of what they make," it doesn't mean that we assume you are talking about only the larger corporations. There are other business out there as well and you are just making general statements without limitations.

edit: Bill gates makes over 500$ every sec of every day now tell me why is it so hard for him to pay a little more in tax's the amount he makes in 1 day a city full of people could live off of for 1 month each.
    Using a man that donates massive amounts of money and time is a really poor choice to make an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'm not blaming Obama for the situation you're in, I'm blaming Obama for not getting the U.S. out of it fast enough. Businesses are what keeps a country moving, you need to free up more money for the people to spend in the companies they want to, bring back manufacturing and improve the lives of the people. Obama has done amazing things, but he hasn't done enough.

I know that some of his desires are being blocked by the Republicans, but he had a strong start of his first administration, he should've passed the most extreme and difficult laws then, instead of just appealing to the poor masses.

I think my daily meetings with business leaders from around the world, and talking with CEOs from around the world gives me a bit more insight into the issue then yourself. I'm not saying I have all the answers, and I am not saying Obama is to blame, nor that the CEO mentioned in the OP was right, but things are not improving fast enough.

On the note of Bill Gates, why should he? His 1% tax a year is more then you'll pay in your entire life. Why should his success be penalised so people can think it is okay to sit around and do nothing? If I pay taxes, I want it to go to good use, not paying for people who refuse to work, can't be bothered to improve or are just lazy.

Bill Gates worked hard for his money, why should he give it away to people who don't work hard?[COLOR="red"]
    1. Tax's should be used to fund programs and fix things less tax's being payed less money going back into the system.
    2. Obama was road blocked every single time he tryed to do anything to fix the problems at hand. If you think a man can fix in 4 years what a man broke over 8 years then you need to go back to school.
    3. Please tell us what Businesses you own and CEO's you talk to because until you do i call BS on all of that.
    4.It is not hard for any company to fire anyone they do it none stop as i said before if it makes them more profit they will do it. I am talking about big company's like Pappa Johns.
    5. My point on the tax cuts is that company's take so many loopholes they barely pay anything. the more money you make the more you should have to put back in the system based on a % and not get away with loopholes to lower that %.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    I have got to ask what Pot are you smoking.

Businesses take so many tax cuts they pay less then 1% of what they make.

All CEO's have the heart to fire someone they do it nonstop all the time did you not read the OP. They would not be CEO's if they didn't they do what is needed to make more profit even stepping on everyone.

Stop trying to blame obama for information you make up in your fantasy world.

If companys would stop taking stupid tax cuts and and the shit bush did didn't happen we would not be in the whole we are in.

Please just stop talking until you know what the hell your talking about.

"Ill accpt my ban/infaction now."

edit: Bill gates makes over 500$ every sec of every day now tell me why is it so hard for him to pay a little more in tax's the amount he makes in 1 day a city full of people could live off of for 1 month each.
    This is the kind of attitude that makes me sick, its his money he earned it, doesn't mean he has to give you more!

The problem with society is simple....real simple.

You have working class.
    You have the lazy class.
    You have the welfare class.
    We have Obama....really, do I need to say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Using a man that donates massive amounts of money and time is a really poor choice to make an example.
    The example still stands and is not pore he makes 500$+ a sec and yes dose donate money because it gives him a tax break and over all he pays less because he donates.

Count the donate money + the tax's he has to pay and its fair less then if he didn't donate at all.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This is the kind of attitude that makes me sick, its his money he earned it, doesn't mean he has to give you more!

You have working class.
    You have the lazy class.
    Its people like you who can't do basic math that makes me sick.

We have a limited amount of money believe it or not and to refuel that money people pay tax's when the most rich is barely paying any the pot begins to empty and once it is empty everyone in the middle/lower class will be fucked.

Edit: also ya you do need to say more because believe it or not there is people in the middle class on welfare because its a bitch to get by. once more stop trying to blame obama for things you clearly know nothing about.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-17 at 01:08 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The example still stands and is not pore he makes 500$+ a sec and yes dose donate money because it gives him a tax break and over all he pays less because he donates.

Count the donate money + the tax's he has to pay and its fair less then if he didn't donate at all.
    He an Melinda have already given $28 billion to their foundation. Unless you have his tax returns sitting in front of you now, which I highly doubt you do or would even understand the complexity, you're just spewing rhetoric.

Also, unless you can read his mind, you have no idea why he donates the money. Get over yourself and the "rich is evil" BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    He an Melinda have already given $28 billion to their foundation. Unless you have his tax returns sitting in front of you now, which I highly doubt you do or would even understand the complexity, you're just spewing rhetoric.

Also, unless you can read his mind, you have no idea why he donates the money. Get over yourself and the "rich is evil" BS.
    Never said the rich is evil. What I am saying is the rich will do whatever it takes to max profit and one of those things is to donate so they pay less in tax's cause over all it is cheaper on them.

The OP kinda prove's my point and ill leave it at that so I'm done with this thread.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never said the rich is evil. What I am saying is the rich will do whatever it takes to max profit and one of those things is to donate so they pay less in tax's cause over all it is cheaper on them.

The OP kinda prove's my point and ill leave it at that so I'm done with this thread.
    Haha, gotta love this. You can feel free to say this all you want, you generalization is no more true than saying that all the poor of this country are lazy leaches.

Get over the rhetoric and start talking about things of which you actually have a clue beyond the political talking points.

1. Tax's should be used to fund programs and fix things less tax's being payed less money going back into the system.
    The first forms of taxation were primarily used to fund Armies / Militaries / Militias. The local communities then had to pull together to fix their other issues. I'm not suggesting we go back to that system of course, but taxes should not be used to pay for lazy people, people who get themselves sick or give themselves health problems.

Tax should be used to further the country in Science, Medicine, Technology, Business & Education.

2. Obama was road blocked every single time he tryed to do anything to fix the problems at hand. If you think a man can fix in 4 years what a man broke over 8 years then you need to go back to school.
    Where have I stated he should've fixed it entirely by now, and if you've read what I said, I admitted that the Republicans have blocked him many times. Don't get agressive or angry, you're just showing yourself to be a fool.

3. Please tell us what Businesses you own and CEO's you talk to because until you do i call BS on all of that.
    I don't really feel the need to spill my company registration numbers, private business deals and other confidential information on the internet to a random stranger. That said, I have have conversations with various business leaders from around the world. If you don't feel like accepting that, fine. I don't feel the need to prove you wrong. I'm not here on an ego trip.

4.It is not hard for any company to fire anyone they do it none stop as i said before if it makes them more profit they will do it. I am talking about big company's like Pappa Johns.
    And I wasn't talking about companies the size of Pappa Johns. Clearly, just a mis-understanding here, although I have already cleared that point up, so why raise it again?

5. My point on the tax cuts is that company's take so many loopholes they barely pay anything. the more money you make the more you should have to put back in the system based on a % and not get away with loopholes to lower that %.
    Why? Who said so? I'll also add this, Loopholes are put there by Governments, so they can have their personal companies use them to minimise the taxes they pay. Any government could just close a loophole, but they don't. The government doesn't mind people using them, because it is a minority of rich people who use them.

I'll also add that these companies pay taxes in other forms. They pay their own overheads which means they're making payments to utility companies, they also pay their employees who then pay tax. If you take into account every penny that is in one way or another taxed by these companies, you'll soon realise they're not paying 1% tax.

10+ Year Old Account

You have working class.
    You have the lazy class.
    Which is why polls showed that the majority of post-grad citizens voted for Obama, right? This 47% baseless mindless rhetoric is getting old.

You have working class.
    You have the lazy class.
    Just consider yourself lucky he got reelected without it the far right would have to start complaining about Clinton again

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Which is why polls showed that the majority of post-grad citizens voted for Obama, right? This 47% baseless mindless rhetoric is getting old.
    And it is so pathetic when you watched Romney trying to walk those comments back, But everyone know it is the truth he said and that lots of folks on the extreme right thinks like this. Thank god we dodged that bullet is all i am saying. If we didnt we would have put the country in the hole for decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    On-Topic: Companies (mine included) often lay off people because we want to change things around a bit, keep people on their toes, but also to keep new blood coming into the system. Profits are very important to me, and I have fired people before who I felt were not worth their wage. Under Obama things won't improve, but they might get worse (Although the same things goes for Mitt Romney).
    Everything up to the last sentence is understandable, and actually accepted. The last sentence, I have to say, you just kinda pulled out of your behind, didn't you?

Businesses have to plan for the future. The U.S. debt and their plan to get out of it is taking to long, and businesses need to take action now to prevent issues in the future. While this company may not be in such a situation..
    and while this company may not be in such situation every speculation beyond that is rather moot.
    The remark of taking to long... In regard of the entire timeline where the problem exists, the remark is true.
    Because the problem doesn't exist since 4 years, since 8 or 12 years, it exists for decades. Pinning it on the present time is absolutely wrong tho.
    But what we can do is looking at the present time, and what do we see with a closer look? The end of the year closes in.
    Another tax year comes to an end. It's the very time where every business get's busy trying to minimize the tax burden. If I can create enough write offs, or even losses, I walk away a winner. Trying to get into the next lower tax bracket, by losing a few millions, it may turn out that losing 5 million translates into winning 2 million.... So what ever companies do towards the end of the year, always has to be looked at with a grain of salt.. Always cautious. What ever they do may just be nothing else than playing the tax game.

Should the CEO of this company blame Obama for reducing hours & layoffs, yes. Obama really isn't helping the economy enough. There is so much more that could be done, but isn't getting done.
    And what exactly do you expect, other from what's happening right now?
    What more than the house actually and actively working together right now on multiple issues at the same time?
    Blaming Obama for those reasons is for once super stupid, because the educated Americans look through this. And is right now moot anyway, because the days after the election ended showing a busy house with an actively involved President pushing both sides for solution.

You completely misread the signs, and the situation.
    The people in the USA are finally fed up. They are tired of partisanship and corporations/businesses doing what they wanna do at the expense of the people.
    They want to see results. And results will happen now. For the same reason that put the country in a lethargy for 4 years. Election!
    Both sides will now try to give the people what they expect.. Results. And both are eager to walk away with the bigger cake of Achievements.
    Hunting for votes.. It started already now.
    Whoever brings more stuff home from the hunting trip, will have the better chances for the next Presidency. Or at least has the higher chance for control of either senate/congress.
    As for Obama himself... he is now off the hook with a lot of aspects he had to worry about during his first term. He doesn't have to spend time on getting elected again. He's cut lose, and can perform how he actually wants to perform.
    Let's look at how the US system actually really works for Presidents.
    Year one:
    Taking over office by the end of January. Forming an administration. Working through a wall of topics. Getting a grip on everything that's going on. And spend a lot of time offshore to get introduced to the leaders of other countries.
    Year two:
    Start working on issues that are not too difficult to sell to the public, because elections approaching on state level. It's important to keep the fellow party members in key positions, or to get them there.
    Year three:
    Working on with a similar approach, this time the upcoming presidential race.
    Year four:
    Almost entirely dominated by presidential campaign, with every free minute in between to preside over the country.

So... plain math. For the first four years every US President gets barely anything done. And the history of the USA reflects this clearly.
    It is always during the second term, when Presidents start to shine, and tackle issues more aggressively. Hell, even George W. Bush thrown things on the table, no one expected from him. He wanted to solve the immigration problem, with an approach of amnesty, which is/was against everything his own party wants. At the end of the second term Presidents retire from the party life, for the most part. They can, and sometimes stay a bit active. But they don't have to.
    They have the opportunity to do what their heart really desires for the country. And almost always show that.

I do not believe that Obama is an exception to the unwritten rule here. I'd rather expect for him to become a key example to it.
    Unlike Romney, I do believe Obama's intentions. I believe in the motivational words he spoke in 2004 during the Dems convention. I believe in what he said during the 2008 campaign. But I also know that one man alone can't fight against that monster in place in DC. Not during the first four years. I foreseen that.
    But I do expect him unfold now for the next 4 years.
    Will he eliminate the debt? Hell no..... No one can do that.
    Not in one term. Not in two terms. The country is doomed to increase spending year after year, just to compensate the rising costs on interest of the debt alone.
    Even if nothing else would change. Read, not a dime more spending on any budget topic.
    The debt would go up, the spending on the debt will go up. The country has reached a breaking point of collapse. The last two presidents just happen to be there at the wrong time. The only negative impact was the last two wars. They however only speeded the ultimate doom up.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-11-17 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    This is true, but arn't we all different ?What i mean by setting a standard is that for example you need to make sure your class can move from point A to point B, some of your students may strut like peackcocks , others may drag their feet as they dread the activity.but as long as they can make it to point B then they satisfy the criteria of the standard.
    It's not about will. It's about intrinsic abilities like intelligence and extrinsic such as teaching from previous education.

Despite whether or not your students are familiar with a subject, you have to teach them starting from the basics or gfrom the ground up irrespective of how many of your students are "well versed" with the topic.Your goal after all is to make a person who has never "baited a badger" become proficient in baiting badgers.If they know how toi do it then your job becomes easier ...but that does not mean you are going to have 100% of your class know exactly what to do.They should all know what badger baiting is at the end of the class session.
    Yes they should, but if they don't bother studying or are violently ill on the day of the standardised test, why should the teacher be punished? You're also once again ignoring that students go through grades; students inevitably come with differing skills and levels of knowledge.

You don't have to , unless your analysis of the students assessments shows they need the help.Even then some teachers ask for some form of compensation from the parent(private tutoring sessions) and some may just let the parent know that their kid may need help...but that your hands are tied and they may need to seek help from other private tutors.most parents will respond favourably though some really don't care that much.However if you have done what you need to do, then that should be great start for the country.
    The majority of teachers do this. I'd say the student body and the culture surrounding it is the problem.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Getting involved... Just as a swedish person, who also live around in europe, mostly France and Irland.
    Don't paint Europe to be some sort of golden place as we all walk around feeling fucking fine and dandy

But i'll tell you all this, thank (not god) society that I have free healthcare, I could afford to go private(Cause see, we have OPTIONS), but why would I?
    I pay 32, or 34% tax of what I make(haven't checked in a while) and don't really care. As with that I get much back.

Let me just say this, I'm very much into making as much money as I can.
    And do I get upset with people living of our good welfare system just cause they're lazy, fuck yea I do.
    Do I mind people that actually need welfare or healthcare for whatever reason to get it, not in a milion years.
    Cause looking at it, life is a rollercoaster, doesn't matter if you're bill gates, shit can happen, and I for one would like to know I have my society and goverment backing me up.

And not to say Sweden is in the shitter right now, cause we really are. People getting layed off all over the place, companies trying to lower salary down to about 8 dollars and hours(I KNOW this is perhaps over what is in America, but that's way to low for our standards).

What I don't get, is why it's the "me against everyone"-idea from some in America, The CEO will want to make money, let him. But why do people feel like fucking other over just cause they're not as lucky or fortunate as you?
    What happened to helping your fellow man out, someday it could be you standing there and needing help, wouldn't you want it?

Ain't a socialist, I'm actually more right wing then left, still belive in healthcare for all and welfare

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rullarn View Post
    Getting involved... Just as a swedish person, who also live around in europe, mostly France and Irland.
    Don't paint Europe to be some sort of golden place as we all walk around feeling fucking fine and dandy

But i'll tell you all this, thank (not god) society that I have free healthcare, I could afford to go private(Cause see, we have OPTIONS), but why would I?
    I pay 32, or 34% tax of what I make(haven't checked in a while) and don't really care. As with that I get much back.

Let me just say this, I'm very much into making as much money as I can.
    And do I get upset with people living of our good welfare system just cause they're lazy, fuck yea I do.
    Do I mind people that actually need welfare or healthcare for whatever reason to get it, not in a milion years.
    Cause looking at it, life is a rollercoaster, doesn't matter if you're bill gates, shit can happen, and I for one would like to know I have my society and goverment backing me up.

And not to say Sweden is in the shitter right now, cause we really are. People getting layed off all over the place, companies trying to lower salary down to about 8 dollars and hours(I KNOW this is perhaps over what is in America, but that's way to low for our standards).

What I don't get, is why it's the "me against everyone"-idea from some in America, The CEO will want to make money, let him. But why do people feel like fucking other over just cause they're not as lucky or fortunate as you?
    What happened to helping your fellow man out, someday it could be you standing there and needing help, wouldn't you want it?

Ain't a socialist, I'm actually more right wing then left, still belive in healthcare for all and welfare
    I AM a socialist...and I agree with you.

-Thing is, people (especially people from the US) seem to think that "Europe" is a country, and it's all the same everywhere you go. It's not, there are enormous differences depending on where you are. But for the most part, people are in favour of welfare and healthcare for all. And that is a damn good thing if you ask me. People mooching off it? Not good. But a system that provides education, heathcare and social security for all doesn't become a bad system because someone misuse it. The system is still good.

Anyhow, Obama at least tried to help people in the US. Too bad he has to fight against decades of "public healthcare = socialism = communism" hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    I AM a socialist...and I agree with you.

-Thing is, people (especially people from the US) seem to think that "Europe" is a country, and it's all the same everywhere you go. It's not, there are enormous differences depending on where you are. But for the most part, people are in favour of welfare and healthcare for all. And that is a damn good thing if you ask me. People mooching off it? Not good. But a system that provides education, heathcare and social security for all doesn't become a bad system because someone misuse it. The system is still good.

Anyhow, Obama at least tried to help people in the US. Too bad he has to fight against decades of "public healthcare = socialism = communism" hysteria.
    To say the system is good in Europe is questionable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    To say the system is good in Europe is questionable.
    Which one of the dozens of countries?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I think he just proved my point...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my daily meetings with business leaders from around the world, and talking with CEOs from around the world gives me a bit more insight into the issue then yourself. I'm not saying I have all the answers, and I am not saying Obama is to blame, nor that the CEO mentioned in the OP was right, but things are not improving fast enough.
    I am saying you are a full of shit. What do you win by pretending to be something you are not? It's what all this Obama crap is based on, imagination and make belief.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-11-17 at 05:25 PM.

I think it's baffling that liberals and democrats in general think its "odd" that increasing taxes and costs on businesses doesn't hurt the rich, but hurts the poor. That's EXACTLY what will happen. The top dogs aren't going to take these cuts out of their own paycheck, they're going to take it out of their employees pay and even cut jobs to stabilize their own income.

Is that evil of them? No, they made the business to make a profit. What they do with it is up to them, not the government.

America voted for Obama, Obama wants to increase taxes on the rich, the rich aren't going to accept the cuts and instead will cut workforce to stabilize their own income. Therefore, a vote for Obama is a vote for higher unemployment.

To think this wouldn't happen is extremely ignorant. Don't demonize the CEOs, demonize the politicians that are forcing business to take action to comply with ridiculous regulations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I don't know why we don't copy German policy. They have insurance with a public plan, yet it is where athletes like A-Rod and Koby get their priceless knees fixed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Germany