Page 10 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Could work. Hope to hear someone that's tested it during this lockout.

Things that work for dealing magic damage to Vek'lor to ensure loot (UNTESTED):

1. Shado-pan trinket
    2. Shadowmourne 10 stack shadow burst
    3. No'kalad, the Elements of Death proc
    4. Souldrinker proc
    5. DPS T12 2 set
    6. Sulfuras, the Hand of Ragnaros (legendary, no the Firelands drop. Referring to the Fireball proc)

Things that don't (TESTED):

1. Weapon enchants (they require you to deal damage to proc)
    2. G-91 Landshark (even though it registers magic damage, Vek'lor did not drop loot. I assume all other mines/bombs will have the same problem)
    I have not tested them all, but I hit him with a Cobalt Frag Bomb and received loot from Vek'lor, unless my brain is going crazy and I imagined me getting 2 helm tokens and 2 insignias. I'll test it again on Tuesday to be sure, unless anyone else wants to try before then.
    Last edited by Espo; 2012-12-15 at 02:56 AM.

Note that the trinket on Ragnaros (MC, not FL) might work too. It deals some Fire damage to anybody who inflicts you damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I did the twins the other day, I used a normal Souldrinker and FL 1h axe with elemental force on them for a bit and I swear Vek'lor's HP was going down but it was super slow and I did not get any loot off him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread has intrigued me.
    Time to see what 505 ilvls of prot gear can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    For most fights I'd say you actually want FURY gear, especially those with an enrage. I didn't try XT-002 as prot prot, but I imagine he'd own you once he enrages after 10 minutes.

I am going to try and get a No'kaled, want it for xmog for one, and I want to see if I can do Vek'lor or at least do Viscidus faster. I also found a very good gold source using a prot spec in DPS gear but I am not saying what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    For most fights I'd say you actually want FURY gear, especially those with an enrage. I didn't try XT-002 as prot prot, but I imagine he'd own you once he enrages after 10 minutes.

I am going to try and get a No'kaled, want it for xmog for one, and I want to see if I can do Vek'lor or at least do Viscidus faster. I also found a very good gold source using a prot spec in DPS gear but I am not saying what it is.
    I'm melting ToC like butter at the moment, not even wasting my rage on shield barrier just tearing through it with prot dps. I do have *some* fury gear, but i'm quite possibly the single worst dps warrior in the game. Pulling about 50k at the moment as prot.

ToC done without even a single defensive CD used, heading to Ulduar now.
    FL - Standard
    Ignis - Pulled all of his CONSTRUCT trash for added vengeance
    Razor - didn't kill adds, killed in 1 ground phase
    XT - killed the 4 shield guys in the trash, pulled the boss, zerged him before his first tantrum, chained heart phases, didnt even melee me after he hit 75% -> Dead
    Iron Council - Midmode. Steel->Caster->Molgeim. Ignored adds, ignored interrupts/dispells (molgiem), tanked everything in the blue rune, stood in green rune.
    Algalon - Guess you can't kill him solo despite the 'you can now solo unsoloable bosses' patch. Shieldwalled the berserk, hit me for about 250k, but he despawned when i came out of the phased realm. QQ
    Kologarn - Standard. Stand in beams for vengeance
    Auriaya - Pulled her with 2 keeper trash things for vengeance
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-12-15 at 06:38 AM.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Well this thread has intrigued me.
    Time to see what 505 ilvls of prot gear can do.
    As Freedom said, dps gear/prot spec is usually the best for solo. But your prot gear is ~20 ilvl better than my dps gear, so I'd guess you can solo many things I solo'd.
    You can try T11 raids, most encouters should be doable. You might want to try Omnotron 10HM, I'm not geared well enough for it (470 ilvl in tank gear...) but you probably are.
    In T12, Alysrazor shouldn't be too hard. Not sure for the other bosses.
    In T13, I highly doubt you'd have enough dps for Morchok. Yor'sahj shouldn't be a problem. Didn't try the others (Zon'ozz trashs are bugged in solo.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorim is fun to solo as a warrior.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 07:32 AM ----------

Woohoo solo'd thorim without rocket boots or swiftness potions.
    http://i.imgur.com/0LOod.jpg
    Raxxykins

Rocket boots are unnecessary.
    I do it with Heroic leap+Double charge+Intervene+Boot enchant+Swiftness potion.
    I'd guess the glyph of enraged speed can replace the swiftness potion.

mind sharing how u do it?

Haven't frapsed it yet, but it's basically Mione's strat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLW_xQeTMwM
    When the P2 starts, heroic leap, charge, charge, Heroic Throw on the miniboss, intervene on a banner (not the mocking banner) and swiftness potion. Once in the first room, wait a bit, use Mocking banner and go in the tunnel before the encounter reset.
    Then, don't kill all the adds, do the tunnel event, once you've reached Thorim, kill the last add, wait a bit and pull Thorim.

It might take some wipe to learn the timing. I highly recommend to watch Mione's video to understand the different steps and their timing.
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-15 at 07:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap mimiron was fun to solo. rofl

As for thorim, I used my 4pc Malevolent pvp gear to get the 70% speedboost for 3 seconds on leap.
    I would open the gate, leap as far as i could, charge the first healer mob and fear it. I would then activate berserker rage for the 20% speed boost (Glyph) and pull the miniboss.
    Next I would turn around, charge the mob that I had feared before, and simply run out of the tunell.
    When I was safely out of the tunell and the orb had passed, I dragged the big old bastard back into the tunell and threw my mocking banner in the arena.
    Arena mobs spawned, they get taunted by my banner and run into the gauntlet following me.
    I kill all the adds EXCEPT one arena add, and run to thorim. I stay far enough back so that I don't engage him instantly.
    I kill the final arena add, the boss 'begins'.
    As soon as he is attackable, I charged him, hit him, jumped down, boom!

HM vezzax down.. Time to try 0 light yogg

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 08:26 AM ----------

First attempt on 0light yogg, wipe at 200k.. omg T_T

R.I.P Yogg0. http://i.imgur.com/QYwJ1.jpg

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:28 AM ----------

11/12 ICC down - Friend helped for valithria.
    http://imgur.com/pQ4EN Soon.....

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:40 AM ----------

Holy fuck okay then.
    Lich King down!
    http://i.imgur.com/QzZo6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/arLJy.jpg
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-12-15 at 10:43 AM.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I have not tested them all, but I hit him with a Cobalt Frag Bomb and received loot from Vek'lor, unless my brain is going crazy and I imagined me getting 2 helm tokens and 2 insignias. I'll test it again on Tuesday to be sure, unless anyone else wants to try before then.
    That is what's bugging me about that fight when I used the landshark. Vek'lors body didn't despawn (I could /target him) but the aoe loot window only showed Vek'nilash's loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can tell all of the 10 mans are a total joke, now try 25s in full prot gear and see what you can do. I need to flask for Str to beat enrage timers, even with my DPS prot gearset. Also, Freya 25 is a complete clusterfuck if you are prot, just go Fury with Bladestorm to kill the little adds that keep resurrecting if they aren't killed at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be possible to solo normal ICC25? Either as prot or fury/arms.

Not sure for Gunship, never tried in 25-man and I don't know the encounter well enough to guess if it is doable.
    I think that Festergust and Lana'thel have too many hp to be soloable if you can't avoid their "solo enrage" mechanisms, and I can't think of a way to do this as a warrior.
    Valithria 10 is already a problem, Valithria 25 won't happen until someone come up with a very good idea.

The other bosses should be doable. Even in 25HM for some of them.

Edit: Now that I can record in a good quality, I re-recorded some fights and started upload content. I still plan to do "all the raid boss of the game" and I wanted to do it in chronological order, but I can't be bothered to record/edit vanilla content today. So, Cataclysm it is!
    Magmaw: http://youtu.be/2R40VJXXAc0
    Omnotron: http://youtu.be/DAT6z0iuWdQ
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-16 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. I have been doing a fair bit of soloing, and here is my list of "soloable" stuff that I have personally done.

Vanilla Raids

Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj
    Every boss within is soloable, Aymiss may take awhile, but that was the only real boss that had any "difficulty".

Molten Core
    Lol. Every boss is simple and easy.

Blackwing Lair
    I have soloed everything within (5.1). Trick to Razorgore the Untamed is to destroy the far eggs first. The mobs tend to focus the boss if they are not in range for your self healing/presence to "aggro" them. If you start at the far end, and move towards yourself, it is doable.

The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
    Everything has been soloed.

*Viscidus Strategy: Use two fast daggers enchanted with Elemental Force (the MoP one?), it will proc for frost damage to kill the boss.
    *C'Thun Strategy: Pull Ouro to c'thun's room. The boss fight will take about 45 minutes...

The Burning Crusade

Karazhan
    Everything has been soloed, Chess requires some luck.

Gruul's Lair
    May require some luck with fears/etc. on High King, but doable.

Magtheridon's Lair
    Easy as pie.

Serpentshrine Cavern
    The only boss I haven't solo'd was Lady Vashj, but I haven't really attempted her recently. I had a level 90 friend (A Death Knight) solo her, so it is likely doable as a warrior.

The Eye
    All bosses are soloable. Even the bugged High Astromancer Solarian (when the priest adds were smiting for about 500k or 5 million, I don't quite remember :P)

The Black Temple
    The only boss I couldn't solo was Reliquary of Souls. Second phase requires a lot of luck with interrupts/boss spam. You can't burst her down or you kill yourself, and you can't let her get 1 cast off or you'll be CC'd for eternity. Other than that, all of the raid is soloable.

Sunwell Plateau
    I haven't attempted anything in here. I doubt there are really any bosses asides Kalcgos that aren't soloable.

Wrath of the Lich King

Naxxramas
    I have soloed all of Naxxramas 10 man, and every boss except Gluth in 25 man.

*Instructor Razuvious Strategy: He will hit like a truck (in 25 man). When I am in 10 man, I tend to go defensive stance and keep the Thunderclap debuff on the boss as Fury. In 25 man, I tend to go full DPS gear with Protection specialization, making him relatively easy.
    *Loatheb Strategy: Personally, I tend to just go Fury and nuke him in 10 man, and in 25 man, I go Protection and keep my health relatively high with Shield Barrier. Make sure to use DPS gear or you may not meet the enrage timer.
    *Thaddius Strategy: In 25 man, you can outlive his Berserk using Shield Barrier and Second Wind. I don't quite know if he Berserks a second time, but I managed to live through the first and kill him solo 25 man. In 10 man, I just nuke him with Thunderclap debuff as Fury.

Obsidian Sanctum
    All soloable, 0-3drakes.

Eye of Eternity
    Soloable 10 and 25 (some luck/skill required for 25).

Ulduar
    Most of 10 man soloed. I haven't attempted 25 man. Some bosses are difficult, etc.

Vault of Archavon
    All of them are pretty much soloable.

Trial of the Crusader
    Haven't attempted any bosses in here, but I doubt there are many difficult ones.

Icecrown Citadel
    Most bosses are soloable, but some of them may be difficult (Saurfang, Gunship, etc.)

Ruby Sanctum
    Only tried 10 man, Halion was bugged at the time and was pulling himself into the world I was in (Or something?) allowing me to solo him.

Cataclysm
    Haven't tried anything in this expansion, but requests can be taken and I will try to solo them.

Feel free to ask any questions for any bosses that I list here as soloable, and I will explain my tactics.
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I soloed Onyxia 10 today. Glyphed Thunder Clap and took Bladestorm. Both hit her while she's in the air as long as you're in her hitbox. Everything hits like a wet noodle. Would like to try 25-Man, though I'd assume it would take an incredibly long time. In 10-Man, it only took about 10 minutes. I also did this as Protection. People have told me that you can burst her down and essentially skip the air phase, but I don't enjoy the "just burst it lulululz" attitude. I prefer to take a different approach on things.

480 item level - DPS gear.

Was stupid easy.
    Last edited by reuva; 2012-12-16 at 09:16 AM.

In 10-man, you should be able to nuke her before she flies and skip the p2.
    In 25-man, it took me... 25min, I think? But it can be done faster. I didn't even use Throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrath View Post
    *C'Thun Strategy: Pull Ouro to c'thun's room. The boss fight will take about 45 minutes...
    Or you can just pull C'thun and kill it. It will take about 1 minute.

Gruul's Lair
    May require some luck with fears/etc. on High King, but doable.
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Avatar
    /cast Skull Banner
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Bladestorm

Loot.

The Black Temple
    The only boss I couldn't solo was Reliquary of Souls. Second phase requires a lot of luck with interrupts/boss spam. You can't burst her down or you kill yourself, and you can't let her get 1 cast off or you'll be CC'd for eternity. Other than that, all of the raid is soloable.
    It was doable before the 5.1 patch but absurdly hard. (My best attempt was 6%. )
    Now you can kill it pretty easily.

Obsidian Sanctum
    All soloable, 0-3drakes.
    Have you tried in 25-man?
    I never tried 10-man nor 25-man, but I don't know anyone who managed to solo Sartha 25 3 drakes.
    I'm suprised of the "All soloable", so I guess you're only talking about 10-man?

Trial of the Crusader
    Haven't attempted any bosses in here, but I doubt there are many difficult ones.
    Anub 10HM is still interesting.
    Haven't tried TotC 25(NM/HM), I'd guess Anub 25HM might be really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Pretty much the same as the OP.

Here are some exceptions though:

All of the Eye, all of SSC but couldn't handle Vashj, BT up until Souls (too much damage).

How do you solo Patchwerk in naxx 10? I just find he does too much damage.
    Souls is doable, when the 2nd phase pops you just hop into defensive stance and auto attack, second wind will kick in and eventually he'll die. Just don't go crazy on dps and it's easy