Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    This idea is hilarious not gonna lie, yeah lets go back instead of evolving, i loved vanilla because i was a noob and it was fresh goin back would be retarded period. Move forward stop living in the past.

i beleive what someone has stated before

that blizzard is purposely trying to kill WoW to make way for its new MMO

we have all seen it, everytime a new MMO comes out, it lasts for a few weeks then dies, and everyone returns to WoW or just stops playing MMOs

this WILL happen to blizzards new MMO if they dont do something about it's current one, its success will actually hurt them if they dont destroy it themselves.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I loved and enjoyed Vanilla I really do not see going back. Sure it was fun and I was new to MMO's back then but I'm actually enjoying MoP right now and for as much as the end of Cata sucked it was still semi fun (MoP hands down wins over Cata however)

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post

we have all seen it, everytime a new MMO comes out, it lasts for a few weeks then dies, and everyone returns to WoW or just stops playing MMOs

this WILL happen to blizzards new MMO if they dont do something about it's current one, its success will actually hurt them if they dont destroy it themselves.
    Even if it fails, they'll STILL have a massive cashcow in the form of wow. Also I'm sure that'll go down well with papa Activision and their shareholders.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Vanilla fights would be a complete joke with the current level of organization in proper raiding guilds and now that a lot of the broken mechanics are fixed and gear is optimized properly - yeah, the 'difficulties' of the old design would be trivial now. People don't seem to understand that most of the issues with Vanilla raiding were simply design flaws in the end.

Don't get me wrong it was very fun and challenging but once TBC was released it was quite evident that there were a lot of things wrong with Vanilla raiding and as much as they were progressively fixed and improved as the content was pumped out the MMO was fresh at the time and a complete overhaul of t1/t2 would of been a big waste of time and money development wise so they did the right thing and just pushed on in to perfecting everything for the first expansion.

I mean, honestly, have you looked back at some of the gear from Vanilla? Resistance stacking sucked. One set of tier gear regardless of hybrids. Trash stat itemization. Then you had certain specs being completely useless like ret paladins, balance druids, disc priests...

The majority of people who want Vanilla back either didn't play it or suck at WoW now and want to go back to pretending to be good at something.

How about no!?!

As for a bit more specified opinion:
    I would love to see certain aspects of vanilla wow return to MoP or future expensions. Things like solo difficulty and long epic quest chains. However, going back is not a good thing. Specially if we're going back to a broken game with unbalanced classes, bugged bosses, bosses that are completely created around 1 ability of a certain class, etc. If you would add the current popular changes to the game you would completely get a disaster. Wow back then felt so great due to the mystic atmosphere of adventure hanging over the game, adding flying mounts to that scenario kills that off pretty much instantly (bye bye huge size of the world).

Besides, wow has a whole different feeling nowadays than it had back then. Just changing back and adding some popular features will not do the game any good, nor would it show the appreciation that it should to the game from back then. As it was great, at the time I played vanilla.

The game and its mentality has changed and we should strive to make the game gain epicness through new content and interesting game changes! Basically, move forwards! Not backwards!

Saying we should go back to vanilla wow with current popular features is saying like: "Oh, instead of driving a car I want to go back using tilt-carts but with a radio and a navigation." Of course, looking back from modern times a wagon like that looks kinda cool and with the addition of a few features it will be useful. But have you considered the comfort of the thing compared to current automobiles?

Thats what I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    The majority of people who want Vanilla back either didn't play it or suck at WoW now and want to go back to pretending to be good at something.
    Current WoW is an arcade beatum up an a far cry from the fantasy world simulator that it used to be.

Deleted

yeahhh sure, because getting subs from game A would better then from game B.
    In the end it's all in their pocket, either people will play WoW or Titan, but logical would be just have 2 good games and double your income, don't you think?

I hate people who can't accept change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, they can do that. But I expect them to refund ALL the money I've spent the past 7 years. Every single cent.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Bahaha one of the greatest Gif's I've ever seen. Definitely going to use that somehow in the future :P

As much as I enjoyed TBC/Vanilla and even WOTLK, not only is going back to those times something that Blizzard will never do, but it's just something I wouldn't want. I want Blizzard to create NEW and FRESH content that's AS FUN as those old times. MOP has come extremely close, in a number of elements so far it's even better. So Blizz has the potential they just need to get it right.

When I was 13, the BEST MOVIE ON THIS PLANET was Robocop. I would watch that thing until the end of days, amazed at the storyline, the effects, the gore and everything else. I somehow lost my VHS-tape, and didn't watch it again until I got Netflix. I had simply forgotten about it. But, when I saw it there in the menu, I had a moment of YAY and decided to make it into an evening. Robocop, good stuff for eating and drinking and sending threatening letters to everyone around me warning them to disturb me that evening.

I sat down, giddy as a 13-year old school girl (which I was back at the time when this movie was a gem to me) and began watching. It was not epic. 13 years of growing up, and 24 years of evolution in the movie industry made me feel that Robocop was silly and trying too hard, with dated effects and picture. It was still unique, but not at all as epic as I remembered it to be.

That taught me to not let Ze Goggles of Nostalgia Galore get to me. You, OP, could do well to learn this as well...or just go to a private server and have all the "vanilla" (old) stuff back. Removing 8 years of evolution is just moronic at best, and would no doubt kill WoW in a heartbeat.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 06:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Bahaha one of the greatest Gif's I've ever seen.
    Quoted your quote for pure truth. Hah.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 06:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yeahhh sure, because getting subs from game A would better then from game B.
    In the end it's all in their pocket, either people will play WoW or Titan, but logical would be just have 2 good games and double your income, don't you think?
    It seems that some people are stuck in the mindset of "There can only be one active mmorpg in this world!!!"...

I'm confident that WoW will be around for a LONG time in maintenance mode even after they've stopped making expansions for it.

Because grinding bugs in Silithus for hours on end while you fill a UBRS group was TOTALLY AWESOME.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 05:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    1M internets awarded! Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    When I was 13, the BEST MOVIE ON THIS PLANET was Robocop. I would watch that thing until the end of days, amazed at the storyline, the effects, the gore and everything else. I somehow lost my VHS-tape, and didn't watch it again until I got Netflix. I had simply forgotten about it. But, when I saw it there in the menu, I had a moment of YAY and decided to make it into an evening. Robocop, good stuff for eating and drinking and sending threatening letters to everyone around me warning them to disturb me that evening.

I sat down, giddy as a 13-year old school girl (which I was back at the time when this movie was a gem to me) and began watching. It was not epic. 13 years of growing up, and 24 years of evolution in the movie industry made me feel that Robocop was silly and trying too hard, with dated effects and picture. It was still unique, but not at all as epic as I remembered it to be.
    Except Robocop was better than 2 and 3. A better example would be Star Wars which is obviously continuously building on the same franchise (with 7/8/9 in the near future). George Lucas claimed that 4/5/6 were aimed at families hence quirky characters like Yoda and Jawas, yet when he released Jar Jar Binks in PM all the fans went and damned the movie. Lucas said he created the prequels for SW fans but also to bring in new SW fans. Needless to say, he lost a lot of original fans with the prequels, but they continue to watch the originals and love them.

This is almost exactly how WoW is playing out. You have a game that was never serious back in the day, it was also an incredibly easy game back when western online gaming was small and consisted primarily of CS, SC and Dota. Now the original fans are seeing pandas, removal of combat mechanism like mana, threat, cc, party composition strategising.

It would have been incredibly stupid to remake Star Wars with updated graphics, new actors yet hold the same storyline (the rerelease show'd us that there wasn't much to gain from this and in some scenes a lot to lose). The question is, would Star Wars 1/2/3 be better if they didn't include pod racing and a jet packing R2D2 and everything else that made me face palm? In my opinion yes. But those movies weren't made for me and neither is Mists of Pandaria.

I'm not arguing either or which way but to simply brush opinions off as nostalgia is ignorant.

Depends on what you mean by "reboot". If I were managing this "reboot", the game would be almost completely unrecognisable except for the lore. Hell, the game already is like that compared to vanilla WoW.

I'd probably just build a new game, use the vanilla lore+storyline and try to get more competent writers instead of the current bunch.

How?
    You last statement really make no sense. People are still playing a Blizzard game regardless, they still earn money whether you play Titan or WoW. Even if Titan doesn't get WoW player, doesn't mean it will die. Furthermore if player go back to WoW will still continue to make money, how would it destroy themselves?
    You just doesn't make any sense on any level at all.

I seriously doubt Blizzard will make anything to compete with WoW.
    This is base on that they cancelled the first Diablo 3 which was a MMO by Blizzard North, because it is too much like WoW.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-11-11 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwflange View Post
    Current WoW is an arcade beatum up an a far cry from the fantasy world simulator that it used to be.
    Sure, if you're casual.

Heroic encounters are getting better and better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think removing content is ever the answer. I certainly don't think removing content and refusing to give us any new content is a good solution.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    OP is still stuck in the past and refusing to progress the future =/
    I wonder why these kind of people play an MMO to begin with... MMO's are all about progress.

i'm happy enough just logging into my toons on a private server whenever i want to play a bit of old wow.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson