Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The oh so brave Hamas like to hide behind civilians. All they do is murder civilians, their own and Israeli.
    And the IDF like to hide behind funding and equipment provided by other nations.

It's common for the weaker side to resort to gorilla warfare and terror tactics. It is the nature of the beast which is war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    And the IDF like to hide behind funding and equipment provided by other nations.

It's common for the weaker side to resort to gorilla warfare and terror tactics. It is the nature of the beast which is war.
    It may be common, but it is the strategy of cowards. It is better to die with honor than to live at the cost of those you are claiming to protect. The men (and I use that term loosely) who do this disgrace their nations and bring shame to their gods.

No matter how desperate one is, there is never an acceptable time to use civilians as shields. I cannot believe that I'm actually seeing people trying to make excuses for them. And I'm the one being called morally disgusting?

Deleted
    Have we reached the point where die-hard Rebel Alliance/Palestinian supporters are tacitly implying that the holocaust didn't happen, and that what is happening in Gaza is in fact the worst thing that has happened in human history and that the local Arab tyrannical governments are run by people who represent the New Left, including President Smasher Assad?

Not exonerating Israel, just being the Doctor checking in on the health of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    What country are you refering too?
    Tunnels used by terrorists, probably. Much like how there were 25 rockets fired into Israel from Hamas.

Yeah it sucks, and it's all Hamas fault. Not Israel. Hamas are fueling the conflict. Hamas are fighting the conflict. If they stopped, everyone would have a much better time.

Get educated on the conflict and you'll understand that it's all Hamas fault that still goes on.

The oh so brave Hamas like to hide behind civilians. All they do is murder civilians, their own and Israeli.
    First member's of Hamas are civilians and most likley they are just returning home.

Nice movie since it is conveniently missing half of the facts, which was clear till the 2e minute (stopped around that time because I got the gist of it)

The whole concept about how the Palestinians of that time should accept the massive Jewish immigration is ridiculous to begin with, because the British had NO right to even promise anything. But even so the Palestinians accepted a limited number of immigrants since that had a deal, but the moment that deal was broken and the number of Jewish immigrants increased more then agreed upon Palestinians that time began to rebel.

And I can't emphasis enough that nobody would accept a formation of a new state within their own country, it does not mater if that country was at any point a official country. It is completely irrelevant and a total nones argument to say that ''oh because Palestinians never got global renegotiation we the foreign country are allowed to do what we pleases''.

Israel refuses to acknowledge a Palestinian state, precisely because of that how can they even argue about the fact that the Arabs at that time didn't acknowledge them. I can't say it often enough but the whole issue started because Western countries and Israel tried to do something witch nobody would have accepted.

Hamas will keep on fighting till they at the very least control their own lands, even when Israel left Gaza the Palestinians still didn't control their own lands and plus the blockade started right after Hamas won the control over Gaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It may be common, but it is the strategy of cowards. It is better to die with honor than to live at the cost of those you are claiming to protect. The men (and I use that term loosely) who do this disgrace their nations and bring shame to their gods.
    I guess we should have told that to Vietnam & Korea when they fought my country, arguably the most powerful nation in the world (America) to a standstill....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Have we reached the point where die-hard Rebel Alliance/Palestinian supporters are tacitly implying that the holocaust didn't happen, and that what is happening in Gaza is in fact the worst thing that has happened in human history and that the local Arab tyrannical governments are run by people who represent the New Left, including President Smasher Assad?

Not exonerating Israel, just being the Doctor checking in on the health of the debate.
    No, you're the first person in this thread to suggest such a thing.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Mr. Netanyahu, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

You mean the wall that has made previously common suicide attacks on civilians almost unheard of since it was build?
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No, you're the first person in this thread to suggest such a thing.
    Oh good, I thought for a moment it would end up like the protracted mud-slinging in the Syria mega-thread.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Who determines which is legal and which is not?
    the same people that always have, those willing and able to enforce it. thinking anything else is naive
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I have a suggestion: Israel go back to the old borders so they don't keep creating this situation. They've killed tens of thousands more Palestinians in retaliations too; they're "retaliating" to their own invasion and barbaric treatment of innocent people.

They got a great deal in the creation of their country and illegally wanted more. While I don't like civilian deaths, they've pretty much left themselves open to it and created it. It's Israel's fault. They're the perpetrator, not victim.
    Actually, folks should be thankful that Israel wants peace and is willing to stomach all the violations of the peace accords... because if y'all dont want to abide by them why the hell should they?... and one day they decide 'ya know, we are getting fucked on this deal' they'll roll back into the west bank, gaza and the sinai and tell y'all to take a flying effin leap.

You want them to abide by the accords and play nice, but y'all dont want to live up to your end of the deal. I would be willing to bet that if the accords were followed by BOTH parties involved and y'all stopped playing this chickenshit game of kidnap one soldier and then promist to return him in return for 100s and then renig on the deal.

You want fair treatment for them... convince them to act fairly in return... recognize their right to exist respect the bloody borders, stop blowing yourselves up on their buses and stop attacking them incessently then I bet you'll find a kinder and gentler opposition to deal with...

a two state solution is possible... as long as you dont insist on one of those states being Israel in a state of non-existence...

As far as returning to the old borders... what benefit do they get? So far y'all haven't been willing to live up to anything on your end... why the hell should they keep giving and giving... personally, I think they've given too much up and got nothing to show for it.... but, thats just my personal opinion.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    You mean the wall that has made previously common suicide attacks on civilians almost unheard of since it was build?
    It was a joke. I saw the "Ich Bin Ein Berliner" on it, and it made me think of the Berlin wall, and made me hope that one day Israel will also have a similar moment where the wall becomes unnecessary and gets torn down in a moment of intercultural catharsis.

In the meantime, I'd just like to see fewer checkpoints, and better wall location planning.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    If only I could meet you in real life.
    In the meantime, I'll respond as politely as I can to your completely offensive and inappropriate remarks: They're dead, and thus you'll never meet them. I do hope Karma is real, though.
    Ah, lovely attitude. "I hope you die to solve my pain."

I am not the one supporting a form of genocide, so I do not worry about "karma" biting me back.

Actually, folks should be thankful that Israel wants peace and is willing to stomach all the violations of the peace accords.
    If they were, they'd abandon their current borders. They don't want peace. Palestine has nothing left to give, they've had it all stolen.
    Last edited by Zhangfei; 2012-11-13 at 08:46 PM.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we should have told that to Vietnam & Korea when they fought my country, arguably the most powerful nation in the world (America) to a standstill....
    Well first of all, we mopped the floor with North Korea. Like, absolutely obliterated them. It was the Chinese that gave us trouble.

But yes, the Vietkong were honorless cowards. I'm not sure what you expected me to say...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is Vietnam and Korea could have easily been won. Servicemembers win wars, politicians lose them.... When you have a politician deciding how to fight a war, then you are fucked.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account

I am not the one supporting a form of genocide, so I do not worry about "karma" biting me back.
    You did, however, say that a school bus full of children deserved to die because they supported Israel. That's pretty fucked up.

Well first of all, we mopped the floor with North Korea. Like, absolutely obliterated them. It was the Chinese that gave us trouble.

But yes, the Vietkong were honorless cowards. I'm not sure what you expected me to say...
    I am saying that honor has nothing to do with it. Where our soldiers who committed the My Lai Massacre honorable?

There is little to no honor in war, it's just a lie made up so people can sleep at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did, however, say that a school bus full of children deserved to die because they supported Israel. That's pretty fucked up.
    Did I say deserved? No. I said I had no sympathy because the Israelis do it to themselves.

Honour wins nothing btw. Don't even see how it's relevant. People fight with what resources they can fight with; the Americans in the revolution were deeply dishonourable to the attitudes of the time but I don't blame them.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am saying that honor has nothing to do with it. Where our soldiers who committed the My Lai Massacre honorable?
    No, they were not. And we put them in prison for it. What's your point?

10+ Year Old Account

If they were, they'd abandon their current borders. They don't want peace. Palestine has nothing left to give, they've had it all stolen.
    if they didn't want peace they'd have retaken everything they gave up in order to get peace.. they'd also probably respond to any attack with overwhelming force and make bloody damn sure that there was no way in hell for the target to ever become a threat again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    if they didn't want peace they'd have retaken everything they gave up in order to get peace.
    What have they given up and not restolen or attacked more land? Israel doesn't want any meaningful peace.