Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
    Stops ninja looters, stops people crying over bad rolls, stops people rolling for the wrong spec items, personally I love it.
    Would like to respectfully contradict the underlined bit, the most heard thing after any LFR boss kill is "FFS! Gold AGAIN?" or some variant of that, at least in LFR groups i'm in, maybe all the optimists and happy people are in other groups :P , it helps that the complaining is against the game rather than other players (Working as intended, according to the explanation Blizz gave)

If you dislike the new system, you're either:

1. incredibly unlucky, which isn't the system's fault (and if this is the case you won't have won any items in 4.3 either, it's just more obvious with the new system), or

2. Ignorant of how the new system actually works, which again isn't the system's fault.

This new system is a VAST improvement in general. How anyone can prefer the old version is beyond my comprehension.

I like how it makes less people getting all huffy and dramatic towards others in the raid based on loot. They just get huffy towards Blizzard because they think Blizzard is out to cheat them out of loot, and instead give me amazing RNG luck where I get a 3/3 drop off every boss during this weeks HoF LFR run without using any bonus tokens.

If you preferred the old system you were likely one of the people abusing it

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    id prefer it if i didn't win a item i already have on normal roll then win it AGAIN when i use a coin
    they need to change this. its so freaking stupid. i guess for some classes is good that they can win 2 wpns but for most if just utter crap

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    id prefer it if i didn't win a item i already have on normal roll then win it AGAIN when i use a coin
    Well a boss has only so much items that fit your role/specc (as in 1 or 2) if you already have those (or 1 of the 2) I would not spend a coin. For some reason when I read posts like yours (no offense to you btw) it makes me think peoplke assume that every boss can drop 10+ items for them which they obviously don't.

While I'm not particularly fond of duplicates either, what is not in the loottable wont drop. While in the old system you could simply pass to an item you already had many people did not for any different number of reasons, be it gold, trade or just beeing an ass this behaviour is gone now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Not losing to greedy bastards is great, getting duplicates or just gold is not so great. Or items for slots where I have better, and the coins not giving anything else than gold most of the time.

Still like the system better than the old one though.
    I pretty much agree with this post. I like the fact that loot-drama has all but disappeared, I also hate getting stuff I don't need/have better. take last week, got one piece but I have the Klaxxi rep neck. every other boss was just gold, even the 3 bonus rolls were all gold. it was a little frustrating.

The new system isn't perfect, but it's definitely way better than the old one.
    Anyone remembers people leaving the raid after invites because there were already so many of class X or for token Y? Not any more.
    It's still RNG, but without the drama. And with coins, you can get the items you need pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    agreed, its not perfect but it solves the majority of the issues the old system had. (like uber-geared jerks rolling to shard an upgrade you've been after for weeks)

Deleted
    It's not perfect, but a huge improvement over the 'old' system. I rather have a small chance of winning over no chance of winning, because some people feel they should roll need just because they can, or because they will pass it on to a guildy.

It's fine by me. Sure, i have only won one item so far, running it on two characters. Sure, i have wasted every coin i've used. But in the end, i'm not having anything deliberately "stolen" from me, so i'm ok.

The only thing that could be change is the duplicate item that I could pass on to other people. I don't like the idea of vendoring something that could help someone that needs gear, regardless of being on my realm or not. Aside from that, it's great and less dramatic than it needs to be.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

I like it for the most part. It also helps with seemingly random kicks groups used to give to enhance roll chances. I understand why they would do such a thing, but its just despicable to kick someone from a group just so you get better rolls.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

kinda sucks that in 3 full lfr clears, i've had like 2 pieces of loot, including usage of bonus rolls.

but other than my sucky luck, the system is a vast improvement over the old.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like it. It has stopped a lot of loot drama, and I personally don't understand some of the complaints that people have. Two big complaints from people are:

1) I am getting duplicate/weaker items that I don't need
    2) Using the Extra Roll Coin usually gives gold

To answer #1, if we were to be in the gold system, and something dropped that was a duplicate or not needed, you would simply Pass/Greed/DE it, so I don't understand why it's bad all of the sudden. The item you wanted didn't drop, welcome to the club.

For #2, the Extra Roll Coin gives you another chance at loot, nothing more. It's still the same 5% chance or whatever, so of course 19/20 coins are going to reward nothing. It's just a little extra tid-bit for doing dailies, not required for gearing up.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Deleted
    I havn't tried it yet. But It sure seems better than having one guy have his 5 friends roll on an item for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Major improvement over the old system, like VASTLY improved. It comes down to how bad your personal luck is, is which is much better, because you can have another shot at gear if you decide to use your Elder Coin on a boss.

Deleted
    It's by no means perfect but any system that makes away with "need for vendorspec/disenchantspec/'i want to decide who is worthy of loot'/friendrolls/traderolls" is better than the old system. I'd like them to add some gearcheck though to prevent getting the same item over and over again but I'd still take the new system over the old any day of the week. Happy to see the tears roll on everyone that used to make LFR the horrible experience it was back in cata too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it in particular, but I guess it was the lesser of two evils

Deleted
    It is a good solution. It puts hate away from LFR (anybody noticed that peeps are not votekicking that much ? )
    Obviously, you cant make everyone happy, but personally I love the way they set it up. 100% fair and logical.