If your looking for a lax, but strategic game

Check into Game Dev Tycoon.

I saw this on steam since its coming soon, I think this upcoming august 29th. I was always curious about it, but wanted to play it now!

So I checked into their website, you can purchase it for the same price on steam, and they'll provide a steam key once that day comes, which also comes with an update.

This game literally is what you can call game dev tycoon.

You start from a garage in the 70's (or was it 80's)

The game runs through the gaming cycle we've been in since it started I believe with the pc/apple & cycles to the original nintendo all the way up to ps4 and custom consoles if you get far enough. The game isn't terribly challenging, theres no cheats I'm aware of. Once you learn the in's & outs of it, it gets fairly easy, but new mechanics are introduced to spice things up & produce more challenges. Critics get more strict, any bug left in the game, anything goes wrong, boom there goes your sales.

I'm currently on year 18, been playing it non-stop with the exception of eating dinner for the last 4 hours, such a blast.

Currently the game runs for 8$ and will run for 10$ on release. If your looking for a casual, lax, strategic, game, about making games, then this is for you.

In my opinion they could sell this easily for 20$ and I'd still pay for it, any more would be pushing it though. They're very in touch with their community as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Until you make 3 mmo franchises with low stats on your workers to try & uphold it while making expansions constantly and bankrupt yourself =(

8 hours of my day just gone =/

Oh well, still had a blast.

But yes game is very good if your into the tycoon type genre.

Big lol on your update.

This game was in the news earlier for adding a very clever anti piracy method.
    The developers distributed a special version themselves onto the piracy circuit which had a few modifications in the code.

This special code ensured that at the end-game your studio would go bankrupt due to increasing piracy of your games :P
    So, I guess you didn't actually get the legal version yourself...

You should buy the game if you enjoyed it,. it's only 8$ as you said.
    That way you'll support the devs and the development of games such as this,. and you'll get rid of the anti piracy code and be able to continue your game normally

thats one of the best anti piracy I've heard in a very long time :P

The game is quite fun as a timewaster. But once you reach year ~100, numbers start getting REALLY weird, be warned. I'm at ~230 now(bought it the week it came out), and have broken both the money and sales counter for my MMO, as well as selling ~2 billion copies of my AAA games for my own console that I've only sold ~30 million of.
    So basically, if you want the numbers to make sense, only play until year 30(the year where your highscore gets saved) and then start a new game.
    Really not sure how much "strategy" is involved, because the game has some quite weird ways of doing things, so if you want to really play "properly" you pretty much need to use a wiki, because the game doesn't really explain most of the systems it uses.

And yeah, the anti-piracy thing was quite funny. Tricked a friend of mine into pirating it just to see his reaction.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-08-27 at 08:10 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU