Poll: Do you prefer the old tooltips with Equip: or the new tooltips?

Are they getting rid of "Equip:" on gear?

I was wondering why they ever had "Equip: Increases hit rating by 20" ever. It never said "Equip: Increases stamina by 20". Just secondary stats.

Was there a reason for stating "equip:"? I get the contrast to "use:" options, but it seemed needless to point it out every time.

Even more weird, random stats gear like "Of the Invoker" or whatever didn't say "Equip:", it simply said +critical strike rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the "Equip:" it makes it easier to see secondary stats. I don't see why they would get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I prefer the "Equip:" it makes it easier to see secondary stats. I don't see why they would get rid of it.
    You're just used to it. They'd get rid of it because it just doesn't make sense, and is inconsistent.

No...

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    They'd get rid of it because it just doesn't make sense, and is inconsistent.
    It is not inconsistent. Real items with stats and values defined by the devs have 'equip: secondary stats'. Random items that are generated by the software on demand (scenario loot for example) do not say equip. Simple.

I think it's just a relic of the days when secondary status came in percentages.
    'Equip: Increases x by y%' was cleaner than '+y% x' and the percentages still felt like more of an equip bonus than a raw stat.

With the change to ratings in TBC I can't think why it's been kept in for so long. But I'm glad it's gone, makes everything look much cleaner now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    It is not inconsistent. Real items with stats and values defined by the devs have 'equip: secondary stats'. Random items that are generated by the software on demand (scenario loot for example) do not say equip. Simple.
    There is really no need for that sort of indication that the secondary stats were rolled rather than set - the suffix does that job.
    In fact it screams of a system limitation to me, rather than it ever being a design decision to have rolled items show secondary stats in white.
    Last edited by Judge40; 2012-11-12 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    I think it's just a relic of the days when secondary status came in percentages.
    'Equip: Increases x by y%' was cleaner than '+y% x' and the percentages still felt like more of an equip bonus than a raw stat.
    I don't know, still doesn't make sense. Saying "Equip:" on something carries the implication that if it has another stat on that same gear that doesn't say "Equip:" or "Use:" means you'll get the bonus no matter what, which is silly of course. They could have just said "Increases x by y%" or something and left the "Equip:" out all together. I just can't think of a reason it existed, maybe aside from trinkets, I get those (since they usually have use functions).

There is really no need for that sort of indication that the secondary stats were rolled rather than set - the suffix does that job.
    In fact it screams of a system limitation to me, rather than it ever being a design decision to have rolled items show secondary stats in white.
    Interesting, I wonder if it was really some kind of technical hurdle. Always the weirdest things seem to be coding dilemmas, somehow. But I agree that the distinction between suffix gear and pre-built gear was needless, so I doubt that was the reason.

The "Mistral" bands that dropped from Throne of the Four Winds did not have the "Equip:" text on them, either. So there is precedent here. Those rings would just say, "+X Stamina, +X Agility, +X Hit Rating, +X Crit rating"

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    No...
    The news on the front page would love a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    The "Mistral" bands that dropped from Throne of the Four Winds did not have the "Equip:" text on them, either. So there is precedent here. Those rings would just say, "+X Stamina, +X Agility, +X Hit Rating, +X Crit rating"
    They had suffixes. For whatever reason, suffixes were immune to the "Equip:" rule.

I think the reason secondary stats had the seperate 'equip' text in green was because early on in Wow secondary stats were somewhat rare to see on gear, and this style of tooltip was to make it more clear about what effects the item had. Secondary stats were viewed as being 'special' and often they were accompanied by procs and special effects.

Most items would have the obligatory stamina + intellect etc, then the rest was pretty much considered a bonus.

But yeah, it no longer makes sense to seperate secondary stats now.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this really a problem?
    geez
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    These new tooltips look... ugly. Not a fan of them at all. There was a certain elegance to secondary stats being presented so differently.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I'm so used to that I don't even notice it anymore, but yeah I remember the first time I saw it thinking "well duh I have to equip the item to get the crit from it!".

They probably don't notice it anymore either. Doubt they'd change it. To be honest they could do a better job of formatting the whole gear pane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This is the biggest problem I've ever seen within WoW. They need to shut down the servers immediately and get this fixed. There are not thousands of incomparably more important things that Blizzard is trying to fix right now.

LoL...I'll admit it's odd, and I'm even curious enough to hear a half assed explanation from Blizzard as to why it's like that. But I hope you're not missing too much sleep thinking about this =D

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    These new tooltips look... ugly. Not a fan of them at all. There was a certain elegance to secondary stats being presented so differently.
    Yeah, it's familiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    This is the biggest problem I've ever seen within WoW. They need to shut down the servers immediately and get this fixed. There are not thousands of incomparably more important things that Blizzard is trying to fix right now.

LoL...I'll admit it's odd, and I'm even curious enough to hear a half assed explanation from Blizzard as to why it's like that. But I hope you're not missing too much sleep thinking about this =D
    Doesn't matter, because they're changing it. I'm only curious as to why it was ever like that.