Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR:
    Hat (No need for this due to same ilvl engineering hat)
    Neck (No need due to higher ilvl malevolent neck)
    Gloves (No need due to Sha dropping Tier gloves)
    5 SoP and 2 SoW.
    Also, Lol'd when my bro had the same trinket 3 times. 3 times ladies and gentlemen and that was funny!
    I wish there was a way to trade items, I don't understand why they removed the trade component.. No one can see what loot you had so if you don't want to trade stuff, you shouldn't. Now loot just goes straight to vendor :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I've run every LFR "wing" and Sha of Anger every week they've been open (minus TES which my guild wanted to run together the 1st time and will do Sunday) and have gotten non-tier spiritless legs, Feng's offhand (when I just bought the Insc one), the trinket from WoE, and a spiritless robe from HoF that I'm using for my Shadow spec. Still nothing from Sha except the quest boots, been using coins 3x every week on the bosses that drop what I need most. No tier, weapon, shoulder, neck, or head. I'd trade every possible tier and other drop at this point for a good weapon...especially the Sha mace from Empress. I really want my baby Sha-fiend and I'm almost done with the sigil collection. Also, my formerly favorite Resto Druid in our guild just got her 2nd Sha mace and our Boomkin was joking about which weapon he would keep and which one he would DE (he's keeping both~1 for his Resto set but still much hate lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    LFR:
    Hat (No need for this due to same ilvl engineering hat)
    Neck (No need due to higher ilvl malevolent neck)
    Gloves (No need due to Sha dropping Tier gloves)
    5 SoP and 2 SoW.
    Also, Lol'd when my bro had the same trinket 3 times. 3 times ladies and gentlemen and that was funny!
    I wish there was a way to trade items, I don't understand why they removed the trade component.. No one can see what loot you had so if you don't want to trade stuff, you shouldn't. Now loot just goes straight to vendor :<
    Indeed. The trading option isn't harmful at all. So what if a guildy wants to trade his useless drop to someone who needs it? It's not like he subjugated the rolls to get it, it's random. I've gotten the same damn plate chest on my warrior 5 times. I'd love to be giving it to other people who are pushing considerable DPS despite their gear level. People who "deserve" it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Indeed. The trading option isn't harmful at all. So what if a guildy wants to trade his useless drop to someone who needs it? It's not like he subjugated the rolls to get it, it's random. I've gotten the same damn plate chest on my warrior 5 times. I'd love to be giving it to other people who are pushing considerable DPS despite their gear level. People who "deserve" it.
    Allowing trading changes it from an individual system back to a group system. DS showed very clearly that a group looting system in this environment doesn't work well.

As per the OP, I do fairly well at getting armor pieces and accessories (rings, necks, cloaks) to drop. Trinkets and tier don't exist. Weapons are hard to come by, but exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    Allowing trading changes it from an individual system back to a group system. DS showed very clearly that a group looting system in this environment doesn't work well.

As per the OP, I do fairly well at getting armor pieces and accessories (rings, necks, cloaks) to drop. Trinkets and tier don't exist. Weapons are hard to come by, but exist.
    Please try a little harder here to keep up and actually read what you're responding to. You're way off.

In DS, the raids were dominated by people rolling need on anything that gave them the option, obtaining loot, and then using it as collateral for future trades or just giving their friends extra rolls. That's not at all what we're talking about. With the current system, no one's even "rolling" by choice. Sometimes, more often than not in some cases, we're receiving things that we already have and didn't want in the first place. Since these things are being thrown in our bags, would it not be nice to give them to someone who actually needed them? Sure, most people would keep the item for the crystal or vender cash, but for those who would like to be nice and helpful, it'd be wonderful.

Since you failed horribly to do so in your previous post, I'll ask again: Where is the harm in trading unwanted items to others?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Simple math only just dawned on you? Well, that took awhile.
    wasn't really paying attention to the gold till i won noting after doing all 5 sections on my ret, also did blizz intend lfr to award more vp per section than boss on normal mode? besides iv'e never been that unlucky before

90 vp for section on lfr
    25 vp per boss on normal

i think blizzards logic went a miss somewhere..

15+ Year Old Account
    I have my main and 2 alts I run lfr on, and my luck with loot has been terrible.
    On my main: I have gotten 1 ring and 1 tier piece(that I didn't need) in lfr
    1 item from Galleon
    0 items from Sha
    0 items from bonus rolls
    **been running lfr on my main since it went live**
    On my 2 alts: I have gotten 2 of the same pair of legs(on my warrior)
    1 ring (on my preist)
    and I refuse to grind dailies so I don't have coins for bonus rolls on my alts
    0 items from Sha(which I do every week) on both alts

I was camping Galleon for a couple weeks for loot, but my server crashes every time he spawns so I just don't bother with him anymore.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

there are no more upgrades for me from LFR for my main spec. had plenty of luck and got like 5-6 items. Yesterday i went on my os and from 3 bosses got 3 items (no coins used)

think im just lucky ;D

Beat this:

with yesterday, accounting regular raiding and LFR, since 3 weeks around 56 bosses killed without dropping anything. Beside useless golds from LFR.

Got mostly 489 gear when expansion and MSV were released + 2 set from sha (was very lucky indeed) so almost the whole LFR is useless to me gear wise, can't upgrade any gear for a very long time now

farming elegon in LFR, via coins, i wanted a weapon but i got a damn glove piece, 4 times, where iv rather used it gloves for tanking, and this is why i hate this system, because i would never need on those gloves if they had the "Old" system, but i would have rolled for the swords and gotten a "Fair" chanse of getting them rather than just getting the same item all the time, though now i farm sha of fear

It seems like if you don't use coins you don't get much loot at all.

So far I have had a total of two items drop for me, and I have ran every version of LFR available every week since their respective releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    It seems like if you don't use coins you don't get much loot at all.

So far I have had a total of two items drop for me, and I have ran every version of LFR available every week since their respective releases.

I think that was an intentional design choice. Anyone who raids normal or heroic will want to use their coins in normal and heroic, so it's an easy way to make LFR less of a source of gear for actual raiders, while providing more drops for extreme casuals that only LFR (target audience).

Been running them all since the start and so far 3 neck pieces, 3 rings which 2 were the same, 2 trinkets that were the same and 2 back pieces that were the same. All of which only 1 of those was an actual upgrade which was the trinket. So far I havent gotten 1 drop from a coin yet, but I only tend to use them where I have better odd of getting gear instead of a ring or necklace. So when you think about it that makes the odds far far worse.

I can confirm that the loot drop rate is less than DS.
    I hate dailies, so no coin or rep gear.

I am so done with this game.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2012-11-25 at 01:18 AM.