10+ Year Old Account

WoW Questionnaire

Edit: Seems MMO-champion is having trouble with the line spacing, all the questions are there, but for some reason the spacing looks HUGE

Sup guys

Basically, as part of my User experience design class, I have to develop a questionnaire and sample it to a group of users who use the system i'm creating the questionnaire for, and I realised, " oh crap, MMO champion IS the group of users", and i've got to externally pilot it to a group of users.

So I would appreciate it, even if like 5 people done it, as ANY feedback would be well appreciated.

The idea of this is for you guys to answer it, and point out any questions you think just arent meant to be there, so I can go back and refine it.

So yeah, I would appreciate this quite a lot.

Some of the questions are multiple choice, if it's any easier, just copy paste the whole questionnaire and delete the answers that don't apply to you

1. Are you male or female?

Male
    Female
    Do not wish to specify

2. Please Select your age bracket

13-16
    17-21
    21-29
    30-35
    36-40
    41-45
    46-50
    51-55
    56-60
    61-65
    65+
    does not wish to specify

3. Where are you from?

USA
    Western Europe
    Eastern Europe
    Asia
    Other
    does not wish to specify

4. If possible, please specify Further

5. How would you rate your computer knowledge?

6. How often, in a normal day, do you spend on a computer?

1-34-6 7-9 10-13 14+

7. How many of these hours would you say are spent on World of Warcraft?

1-3
    4-6
    7-9
    10-13
    14+

8. What type of PC do you use?

Mac
    Linux
    Windows PC

9. Do you play Horde or alliance?

10. Is your in game character male or female?

11. Is there any specific reason for your in game gender?

12. Which race do you play? Please Specify

13. Is there any Specific Reason for your choice of Race?

14. Which class do you play?

15. Is there any specific reason for your choice of class?

16. Do you feel like world of Warcraft increases your social skills?

17. Would you class yourself as a hardcore player, a Casual Player, or neither?

18. Why do you play world of Warcraft? ( feel free to select more than one)
    Fun
    Work
    Research

When playing world of Warcraft, what do you spend your time doing? Please rank in order of importance

Questing
    Battlegrounds
    Arena
    Duelling
    Dungeoning
    Raiding
    Professions
    Achievements
    Other

20. What would you say you do most of on World of Warcraft?
    PVP
    PVE
    Both

21. Do you use add-ons at all?

22. How would you rate your in game knowledge on a scale of 1 -10, 1 being very low, 10 being expert

23. How satisfied are you with world of Warcraft on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being unsatisfied, 5 being expert

24. Do you use world of Warcraft in a social environment?

25. Do you prefer to work alone, or in a team?

26. What do you enjoy most in game? Please specify
    Last edited by Martyn 470; 2012-11-18 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    Yeey, as a social scientist who usually has to beg people to please do his questionaires for the umpteeth course that thinks practical experience is really relevant, I love to help other people out
    Anyways ill answer the questionaire and write my suggestions in italic

Male

21-29

The age brackets seem really strange and random, some increase in increments of 3, some increase in increments of 5 and some increase in increments of 10. In my oppinion the best thing you can do is make this a non multiple choice question, just allow people to enter their age somewhere, if your really hellbend on doing it multiple choice, I would suggest changing the brackets abit. Since, of the top of my head, the main population of wow exists from 13-24 players, it would be best to have very specific brackets around those ages and slightly wider margins when away from my aproximation. This mostly depends on what you want to do with the age data.

3. Where are you from?

Western Europe

Both western & eastern europe arn't really clearly defined, so again it might be nice to make this question qualitative as in just asking where the person lives.

4. If possible, please specify further (fixed a capital in further)
    See previous comment

5. How would you rate your computer knowledge? Might be usefull to say on what scale, also might be useful to specify computer knowledge

6. How much time, in a normal day, do you spend on a computer? (Changed the wording to ''how much time''

4-6 Again a pretty bad question, you may want to specify normal day (do you mean on average, or a workday), you also may want to define ''spending on a computer'' (for instance, do you include people surfing the internet on smartphones, people doing work on the computer, people doing non-computing things on a computer (for example, watch movies). Also the brackets seem to be strange again, I think alot of people will fill in either between 1-3 or 4-6, it might be usefull to specify just how much more specifically if you want to draw any kind of conclusions.

7. How many of these hours are spent on World of Warcraft? (Removed ''would you say'')

1-3

8. What type of Operating system do you use? Changed ''PC'' which is simply the hardware of the computer to ''operating system'', which is what you seem to be asking for

Windows

9. Do you play Horde or Alliance?

Horde It might be better to ask ''what is the faction of the character you spend most of your time on (your main) because alot of players will have some sort of alt on the faction, so technically, they play both

Male

They look better.

12. Which race do you play?
    Tauren I kinda wonder what there is to specify about your race choice?

13. Is there any Specific Reason for your choice of Race? (please dont use caps on random words in the middle of a sentance )
    The warstomp racial

Shaman

I like to play shamans. Might be better to rephrase this question to ''for what reasons did you pick this class'', because I think just about everyone is going to say ''because I like to play xx''

Yes

Neither Might be usefull to ask for a specification on this one, espec for the people saying neither

Fun I have no idea why you would play wow for research or work, so I don't really see why your interested in doing this

When playing world of Warcraft, what do you spend your time doing? Please rank in order of importance Please define ''importance'' for instance, the thing I enjoy doing most is RBG, but its not the thing I do the most while playing because of time restraints from my fellow players. Also you may want to split out certain categories, for instance Rated Battlegrounds and normal battlegrounds, heroic dungeons and challenge mode dungeons, normal raids and challenge raids, normal quests and dailies. Also it might be usefull if you can get people to specify ''other''.

3. Questing 1. Battlegrounds

4. Arena 8. Duelling

5. Dungeoning 6. Raiding

2. Professions 7. Achievements 9. Other

PVP It is not possible to do ''both'' most, you can add a ''don't know'' option

21. Do you use add-ons? Removed ''at all''

No

22. How would you rate your in game knowledge on a scale of 1 -10, 1 being very low, 10 being expert

23. How satisfied are you with world of Warcraft on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being unsatisfied, with 5 being extremely satisfied Changed the 5 from ''expert'' to ''extremely satisfied'', also why would you suddenly want to messure from 1-10

Yes Please define social environment, I have no clue what you mean by this

A team

You prettymuch asked this in question 19 already, so not going to bother to answer

Overall I think you did a really horrible job on this questionaire, your questions were often out of synq and seemed to follow no particular pattern, some questions were asked double and there were an awfull lot of spelling mistakes in them.
    Also you very often failed to specify your constructs, so please do that in the future.
    I have no idea just what excactly you were trying to find out trough this questionaire, so please care to elaborate on that.
    Also some questions seemed to really serve no purpose whatsoever.
    I'm sorry if I sound abit harsh, if you remake your questionaire and want some more feedback feel free to PM me here

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Male

17-21

3. Where are you from?
    North America

7/10

4-6

7.How many of these hours would you say are spent on World of Warcraft?
    1-3 - (When subscribed. <20 minutes normal days, 2-3 hours twice a week raids)

Windows PC

Alliance

Male

"There are only male dwarves."

Dwarf.

Dwarves are archetypically stalwart. (Tolkien's The Hobbit and such)

Was a shaman.

Class composition in group play.

Neutral.

Casual

Fun

19. When playing world of Warcraft, what do you spend your time doing? Please rank in order of importance
    (#1)Raiding
    (#2)Dungeoning
    (#3)Arena
    (#4)Achievements
    (#5)Questing
    (#6Duelling
    (#7)Battlegrounds
    (#8)Professions

PVE

Yes. Minimal. (BigWigs Boss (raiding), InterruptBar, Skada, sometimes a new UI addon)

7.8 / 10

23. How satisfied are you with world of Warcraft on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being unsatisfied, 5 being expert
    Was about a 3.5 / 5

Discussions: No. Play with friends: Yes.

Alone, despite what PvE may imply.

Helping others via performance and kindness.
    10 character limit
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-11-18 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's perfectly fine, I can honestly say this is the first time i've ever created a questionnaire, and it's for a third year university assignment, and I admit, i'm horrific at it, this isn't my strong area really, but the subject was mandatory.

The feedback is exactly what I was looking for, as it's part of my assignment to recieve feedback, refine the questions, and re distribute it, so i'm actually really glad the first reply was so critical, it gives me more to write about.

Deleted
    It's perfectly fine, I can honestly say this is the first time i've ever created a questionnaire, and it's for a third year university assignment, and I admit, i'm horrific at it, this isn't my strong area really, but the subject was mandatory.

The feedback is exactly what I was looking for, as it's part of my assignment to recieve feedback, refine the questions, and re distribute it, so i'm actually really glad the first reply was so critical, it gives me more to write about.
    You are at your third year in university and you have never made a questionaire?
    I am on my second year and I have had 3 courses in it so far, well hopefully you can put the feedback to good use.
    I am kinda wondering though, what exactly are you trying to prove/find out?
    Your questionaire seems fairly cross-sectional but your questions are all over the place

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing B.A Business computing, and the assignments i've had so far have been to create physical products, or were business exams.

The point in the questionnaire is pretty broad, as in

Taken from my assignment brief " your second task is to create a questionnaire that will enable you to learn more about the product's users, their tasks, the usage environment ( social and physical), and the technology that is used to access the product"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW isnt available on linux, is it?

Male

17-21

3. Where are you from?

Western Europe, United Kingdom, England

4.If possible, please specify Further

See above

5.How would you rate your computer knowledge?

Hardware = Above Average

Software = Very Good

Networking = Above Average

14 Hours +

4 - 6 Hours

iMac

Alliance

Female

Prefer the Animations (Casting, Running, Jumping & Idle) & Model.

12. Which race do you play?

Pandaren

Pandaren have been a favorite race of mine for many years. I really enjoy their model, animations & class choice.

Monk, Mistweaver (Healing)

Personal & Guild choice. Loved the class since announcement, healing & general play style.

In general it can, but personally it hasn't. A lot of the skills I use in World of Warcraft are adapted from similar skills I use in daily life in Work.

Hardcore attitude and aspirations, but with a casual play time.

18. Why do you play world of Warcraft?

Fun (Note: I also work from Home, so it makes playing World of Warcraft more accessible)

19. When playing world of Warcraft, what do you spend your time doing?

1) Raiding
    2) Dungeons
    3) Battlegrounds / Arena
    4) Achievements
    5) Questing / Daily Quests
    6) Professions

PvE seriously, but PvP just as much with a much more relaxed and toned down attitude.

Yes. VuhDo (Clickable Raid Frames for Healing), DeadlyBossMods & Several Guild Management Tools.

22. How would you rate your in game knowledge?

Overall: 8 / 10

23. How satisfied are you with world of Warcraft?

5 / 5 - Very satisfied.

Not entirely sure I understand the question. Do I play with friends, yes. Do many of my friends I don't play with know I play, Yes.

A mixture of both. I understand the importance of team work and where it comes into play, but I like to take hold of the situation and deal with it alone if someone needs to lead.

PvE Content with my Guild Members. I enjoy the PvE Healing aspect of the game, feeling the sense of accomplishment of downing a complicated and difficult boss knowing full well that it was with my healing that it was accomplished. I out-healed the damage of whatever was thrown at us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    WoW isnt available on linux, is it?
    A few years back, people could access it using something called Wine? or something similar, I never used it personally, but I remember a guy in my class used to, or claimed to.

Deleted

Male

17-21

3. Where are you from?

USA
    Western Europe

Scandinavia!

7.8/10

9+ hours

Used to 6+ hours, but I quit.

Mac (school)
    Windows PC

Horde

Female

Male Blood Elf didn't suit me. Nor does it fit to be a male priest, wearing the fancy dress

Blood Elf.

They were pretty, also the beginning of BC.

Priest

Guild needed a healer

Both yes and no. Increases my circle of friends ingame, but deteriorate them IRL

Neither, specifically semi-hardcore

Fun.

When playing world of Warcraft, what do you spend your time doing? Please rank in order of importance

Questing
    Dungeoning
    Raiding
    Professions
    Achievements
    Other

PVE

I do.

8/10

3.5/5

Discussed it with friends, but no longer.

In wow I'd rather work alone, when questing and such, but have someone to talk to over skype, or similar.
    When IRL, it depends on what I work with. Most people don't really have all the chips in the bag.

I enjoy the social experience, if multiplayer. And the story, if it has one. The game's music, which is usually worth listening to.

Hope this helps you, Martyn.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to recommend you make an actual poll. There's tons of online places to make them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Male

21-29

3. Where are you from?

Eastern Europe

Poland

Good, but self taught; not professional.

7-9h

4-6

Windows PC

Alliance

Male

Dwarves can only be male. Without a beard it's not a dwarf, in my opinion

Dwarf.

I find dwarves cool Also... I am small, ginger and bearded in real life=)

Priest.

Back when I started in TBC I wanted to be a healer. Priest felt like an obvious choice. I still play the first character I created as my main, so the choice was right.

Yes.

Depends. I was either not playing or casual throughout most of Cataclysm. Now I am raiding 4-5 days a week. It depends on whether I like the current content, I guess.

Fun.

1. Raiding
    2. Dungeoning
    3. Other: Banking. I enjoy making gold on the auction house.
    4. Achievements
    5. Questing
    6. Professions

PVE

Yes, loads.

Yes.

In a team.

26. What do you enjoy most in game?

Raiding. I like the sense of achievement in progressing through content in a team of friends, hopefully skilled and dedicated players. It used to be more epic, with raiding being more exclusive to skilled players, downing a boss that so few have even seen, but I also like many aspects of the game that the "causualcraft" has introduced.

Here you go.

Male
    Female
    Do not wish to specify

13-16
    17-21
    21-29
    30-35
    36-40
    41-45
    46-50
    51-55
    56-60
    61-65
    65+
    does not wish to specify

3. Where are you from?

USA
    Western Europe
    Eastern Europe
    Asia
    Other
    does not wish to specify

South Central US

Above Average

1-34-6 7-9 10-13 14+

1-3
    4-6
    7-9
    10-13
    14+

Mac
    Linux
    Windows PC

Both

Both

No

Worgen, Tauren, Human, Gnome, Blood Elf

No

Mage, Paladin, Rogue, Druid

No

No.

Neither.

Fun
    Work
    Research

Questing
    8 Battlegrounds
    7 Arena
    6 Duelling
    2 Dungeoning
    1 Raiding
    5 Professions
    4 Achievements
    3 Other

PVP
    PVE
    Both

Yes

Yes

Alone

Raiding