Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    It certainly does matter if I signed up for it or not if the response to my complaint is "well you signed up for it, tough shit". If i didn't sign up for it (and I didn't, no one did), then i can therefore complain all I like.

Does it make much practical difference? No.

But it does mean everyone who says "you signed up to it" can piss off, because they are wrong.
    You amuse me... You didn't really ever sign up for anything though. You chose a PvP server because you liked the way it was then, a change was made which you didn't like, fine. However from here on out there is little you can do since you have no power to influence this change. Either you can deal with it, or you can move away from it. I've said it again and again but you seem to ignore it because you don't want to face facts, which was exactly my point with that you seem to have problems with changes in life.

Well why not, you've been ignoring my points for ages already.
    That was the only "point" I ignored because it didn't make any sense at all.

Not at all, providing you the opportunity to apologise isn't asking you to.
    You should really read up on indirect ways of asking for things, it's very, very common in life. Also creating an opportunity for someone to apologize, is asking for an apology...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    My alts are now being ganked upon
    Yet another PvPer on a PvP realm.

Reminds me of the demand for twink battlegrounds all over again. Forums ignited with such a burning desire, only to see how to waste time and money on it becoming reality (and Blizzard compromising it's own integrity with adhering to their own ToS). Arena was already one admitted mistake, twink battlegrounds were another. CRZ will become yet another casualty, because it does pan out with the reality of what PvP is about in WoW -- ganking.

But if Blizzard is crafty, they'll let the PvP kill their own and weed them out of the game, as the money is in PvE as players there stay for the long haul.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You amuse me... You didn't really ever sign up for anything though. You chose a PvP server because you liked the way it was then, a change was made which you didn't like, fine. However from here on out there is little you can do since you have no power to influence this change. Either you can deal with it, or you can move away from it. I've said it again and again but you seem to ignore it because you don't want to face facts, which was exactly my point with that you seem to have problems with changes in life.
    This is the problem here. We signed up for a server that fit our needs at the time and it served its purpose for many years. I love PVP. I HATE ganking and seriously I never do it unless they are within 5 levels. Leveling on Detheroc was fantastic. Sure you had the occasional camper, but if I logged off for a while and came back, they were gone. Now it is a whole new set of jack-asses on a new server, and no matter what, someone is always there ganking. I never had this problem on my old server... Then overnight it changed and now we have to deal with it. "If you don't like it you can just move." But just moving costs me 250 fucking dollars, or I just throw it all down the drain and start over. So, dealing with this change has real world consequences. It has NOTHING to do with not being able to deal with changes. It has to do with rendering the game unplayable for many of us that don't like being camped literally 24-7, and requiring us to pay through the nose to get any semblance of enjoyment back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I enjoy mostly empty zones. They're soothing and quiet. I never thought CRZ were needed once all the quest monsters were no longer elites.

Pertaining to this thread, well, you DID roll on a PvP server. Not so fun when you're the one being killed, eh? It's what PvP is all a bout! A constant struggle (And jerks on the Interweb).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I have a problem with people saying I signed up to things when i didn't.

Don't tell me I signed up for CRZ when I didn't. Understand it yet?
    You should really read up on indirect ways of asking for things, it's very, very common in life. Also creating an opportunity for someone to apologize, is asking for an apology...
    Great, i'll take this explanation as being the sameas you really apologising. If we are just making shit up, why the hell not. lol

I happily accept your apology for your baseless and inaccurate "correction."
    I accept your apology.
    Having explained once and have you them (deliberately) "misunderstand" twice more does merit an apology.
    Now, theres no way you have misunderstood my point 5 times in a row, so an apology is surely in order at this point.
    You can apologise for out of context quoting as well, you know.
    You ARE asking him to apologize. You're doing it indirectly. Also there ARE individual servers still. Major cities and pandaria are not affected by CRZ at all, allowing you to have your rivalries and pvp hotspots. Sure while leveling you might be on a different server, you're still there with everyone else on your server, plus other servers. If you don't like being on a different server through CRZ, don't leave SW/ORG and just dungeon queue like cata until you can go to pandaria.

On a side note, ganking lowbies is often the start of world pvp. You kill lowbie enough, he logs on main to come kill you, he gets friends, you get friends, pvp war ensues. As far as the dark portal ganking goes, at least on my server, this was a MAJOR pvp spot in TBC and im glad to see it back.

Yeah, CRZ is kind of a really bad idea,

You don't "sign up" for anything. You pay Blizzard for the privilege of playing in a world of their design. Sometimes that design diverges from your gaming philosophy. If that divergence is so severe you are not enjoying it anymore, man up, send your feedback and cancel your account rather than whining on the forums for ages.

Message Deleted
    Last edited by reboot-me; 2012-12-05 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    You don't "sign up" for anything. You pay Blizzard for the privilege of playing in a world of their design. Sometimes that design diverges from your gaming philosophy. If that divergence is so severe you are not enjoying it anymore, man up, send your feedback and cancel your account rather than whining on the forums for ages.
    That's what I said.

I didn't sign up for anything. So please tell those who say so to do one., rather than whinging at me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    my friend isnt on the same realm or same realm type as me and we can do sha together coz we have each others battle tag and it works just fine. so if u and ur friend go to ur battle net page and make a battle tag and then add each others battle tag you 2 can quest to gether when every you want even in pandaria

remember CRZ dosent affect pandaria
    No no we need it, we are not on the same realm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I didn't read every single post, but I have a feeling what this is about. Ignore this if I got it wrong

You did 'sign up' to be open to being ganked and bullied the moment you rolled a char on a PvP-server.
    Yes I did.

I didn't sign up for random gank groups made up of people from other servers i'll never see again. The joy of world pvp is rivalry over time, revenge, helping people you can form bonds with yadda yadda. being blasted out of your shoes by some stranger is more like mugging than sport.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I didn't read every single post, but I have a feeling what this is about. Ignore this if I got it wrong

You did 'sign up' to be open to being ganked and bullied the moment you rolled a char on a PvP-server.
    No I didn't 'sign up' to be being ganked and bullied, I signed up to actually battle the other faction. A L90 vs a low level is not a battle however.

Quote Originally Posted by DannathGR View Post
    Yeah, CRZ is kind of a really bad idea,
    Well in essence it isn't. It was wonderful to finally see some people in zones. The implementation however could be better though. I'll say it again: dumping 5-6 L90 in a low level zone because that zone doesn't have members of the other faction in it is just total BS.
    Since CRZ I also had a few 'normal' encounters which I don't mind at all even if I lost most of them. That's PvP as it should be.

Oh btw, to people who say 'just transfer', you would have had 'point' if a transfer didn't cost 20 euro per char. That stuff should have been free to begin with with a long CD or a least be 2-3 euros max.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    No I didn't 'sign up' to be being ganked and bullied, I signed up to actually battle the other faction. A L90 vs a low level is not a battle however.
    A level 90 vs a low level is every bit as much of a battle as a level 90 vs a level 90. It might not be a "fair" battle, but if you wanted "fair" from world pvp, you were clearly misguided. The point of world PvP is that this is WARcraft, ergo two sides are at WAR. Its not called DUELcraft, its not called ArenaCraft, its not called BGCraft.

Should U.S. have abstained from bombing Iraq because it wasn't fair? Or Israel from bombing Palestine because its not fair? No. War is war, and everything is allowed.

PvP servers were originally made for people who relish that kind of environment, an immersive war, where everything goes. If you don't want to be ganked and bullied, you simply rolled on a wrong server, and should fix the mistake yourself, instead of begging Blizzard to ruin it for those of us who knew what we were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    trendy actually has a good idea... it seems that only Chaozaou and the lonely servers with 50 or less people in their world.. want CRZ.. so why not just link the low pop servers together?

for the 95% of the wow pop that hates it.. their 5% would be much happier.
    Because that's not actually how it works. The intent seems to be to load zones (and potentially sub-zones) to some Blizzard-defined level.

Take a dozen low-population realms and you still might not have enough people in somplace like Stonetalon Mountains to get anywhere near that level. So they pull from realms until they do.

Apart from the 'invite your friends' piece, the fact is it's difficult to say if a CRZ zone actually 'belongs' to a particular realm in any real sense. Time zones are a clue I guess but I can't honestly see how you would know if you're in Burning Steppes on your home realm or in Burning Steppes on some other realm that shares your time zone. Someday I'd be interested in knowing the actual technical details on how it works but that's unlikely any time soon. I would imagine that's proprietary technology.

And I seriously doubt if it's 95% of anything. The big secret about anything like this is that most people simply don't think about it and don't really care.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-18 at 08:57 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Need I point out "PvP server"? Oh wait, seems I did anyway... But my point is! You go onto a PvP server, expect to have to DEAL with PvP hence the name -PLAYER- vs -PLAYER- not PvE... It's like me moaning about going onto an RP server and crying over people who do infact RP (I'm already on an RP server anyway, yet you don't hear me cry about CRZ RP...)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    A level 90 vs a low level is every bit as much of a battle as a level 90 vs a level 90. It might not be a "fair" battle, but if you wanted "fair" from world pvp, you were clearly misguided. The point of world PvP is that this is WARcraft, ergo two sides are at WAR. Its not called DUELcraft, its not called ArenaCraft, its not called BGCraft.

Should U.S. have abstained from bombing Iraq because it wasn't fair? Or Israel from bombing Palestine because its not fair? No. War is war, and everything is allowed.

PvP servers were originally made for people who relish that kind of environment, an immersive war, where everything goes. If you don't want to be ganked and bullied, you simply rolled on a wrong server, and should fix the mistake yourself, instead of begging Blizzard to ruin it for those of us who knew what we were doing.
    open letter to anyone thinking of joining this game; people like this play it. you will find yourself interacting with them on a daily basis. put the game back on the shelf, and move away slowly at first. then turn and run.

p.s. to ashnazg; this isnt war, this is a game. if you are that desperate to experience the adrenaline fix of war, i would suggest signing up for an army (official or unofficial). there are plenty of conflicts around the world you can get your fix in. if we were back 50 years ago, i would suggest vietnam. flying a plane dropping napalm on innocent civilians sounds about your level.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    p.s. to ashnazg; this isnt war, this is a game. if you are that desperate to experience the adrenaline fix of war, i would suggest signing up for an army (official or unofficial). there are plenty of conflicts around the world you can get your fix in. if we were back 50 years ago, i would suggest vietnam. flying a plane dropping napalm on innocent civilians sounds about your level.
    I don't play WoW anymore, but I love fighting. I loved vanilla and out-smarting players who tried to gank me. Most of the time they can destroy you with pure stats but i've learned how to piss them off and when i'm almost their level (86 vs 90) my pvp experience is usually enough to overcome.

I quit wow because of people similar to you who demand the game not cause them any negative emotions and then complain that the game is boring when they patch your booboos.

Deleted

Who's the one not reading now? I said that you never signed up for anything, not that you did...

Great, i'll take this explanation as being the sameas you really apologising. If we are just making shit up, why the hell not. lol
    How old are you? No offense meant but you seem to lack a lot of social experience, and that comes from someone who's terrible at socializing myself so I have had to attempt to study other people's behavior and all of these unwritten rules...

Giving someone a chance to apologize, is an indirect way of asking them to apologize, that's simply how it is and not something I made up.

And no, I'm not apologizing to you because there is nothing to apologize for.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-11-18 at 10:12 PM.

If you are getting corpse camped on your lowbie, log on to your main and kill whoever is killing you. When you do so, they might bring friends to kill, which is when you get friends then BAM! World pvp starts up.

Instead of whining because you are getting ganked, do something about it like kill whoever is ganking you on your main.