Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    love rogue tears.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Never anywhere near where dks were. All of cata they were op'd, all of bc they were op'd, one part of lk they were almost balanced. The time has come where it dawned on blizz that people don't like rogues because they're cheap, real easy, and op'd. If rogues were leaving at the end of cata imo it's because they were so powerful that it just became super boring. I mean really I can't imagine myself having no competition and just destroying everybody. The only comp they had was a mage and super warlocks. everybody else was dead.

They were top dps in pve and tops in pvp. that gets old fast if you don't have anything to reach for.
    If rogues have always always been completely OP, why is that the only time high level players have complained about rogues being OP was during S11 and possibly S5 with glaives?
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-11-21 at 10:19 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    The only thing fun about rogues is that you can play multilate with shadow and cheat death now ^^ the problem is it sucks and playing sub is not fun when you lost some of the cool stuff the spec had :X

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Never anywhere near where dks were. All of cata they were op'd, all of bc they were op'd, one part of lk they were almost balanced. The time has come where it dawned on blizz that people don't like rogues because they're cheap, real easy, and op'd. If rogues were leaving at the end of cata imo it's because they were so powerful that it just became super boring. I mean really I can't imagine myself having no competition and just destroying everybody. The only comp they had was a mage and super warlocks. everybody else was dead.

They were top dps in pve and tops in pvp. that gets old fast if you don't have anything to reach for.
    Rogues control was good all throughout Cata, their damage was terrible in the beginning though. Rogue's are not an easy class to play well. They can be cheap, as they have good escape mechanisms, and stealth allows us to choose our fights (usually).

There has been many times when rogues were weak in PVE, I don't really feel the need to elaborate.

What you don't want is balance, you basically want Blizzard to remove the rogue class because you suffered at their hands in the past. Can we try and remove emotion from your motives, and try to rely on logic instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    If rogues have always always been completely OP, why is that the only time high level players have complained about rogues being OP was during S11 and possibly S5 with glaives?
    Rogues have been OP as fuck at 1v1 since the beginning of time. Most people care about 1v1, not really about arena and even less about high rated arena, because 1v1 pvp happens a lot more often than arena, not to mention one 12 yo ganker playing an OP class can totally ruin your mood if he camps you at your daily quest location.

Don't expect sympathy from non-rogues. They all have their sob stories at the hands of a rogue.
    Last edited by mmoc6342521c29; 2012-11-21 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    Rogues have been OP as fuck at 1v1 since the beginning of time. Most people care about 1v1, not really about arena and even less about high rated arena, because 1v1 pvp happens a lot more often than arena, not to mention one 12 yo ganker playing an OP class can totally ruin your mood if he camps you at your daily quest location.
    What difference is there between a pvp geared rogue jumping you while you do dailies, and a pvp geared DK ganking you from his flying mount?
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-11-21 at 10:55 PM.

i'm sure i posted in another pvp topic aswell but just as a small recap ppl think Rogues were so bloody op in the past tiers and they deservere to suffer no my friends u are badly mistaken just have a look at blizzcon 2010-2011-2012 Lock+mage with druid/rshaman healer either top1 or top2 so yet again i dont know why ppl say omg rogues deserve to suffer they were top when they clearly were smashed by mages and the rogues never won anything major tournamets they just smashed the bad 1500 players and those went to forums and QQed alot about a class that they dont rly understand

Deleted
    Play on a PVE server then. What difference is there between a pvp geared rogue jumping you while you do dailies, and a pvp geared DK ganking you from his flying mount?
    Dks can be fought back, defeated. A rogue with all his cds, which most of the time he would have ready, is impossible to defeat unless he's retarded or something.
    Dks can't run away if the fight turns against them. Rogues will easily run away and then attack you when you have mobs on you, so they have an edge if they saw their 1st attempt failed.
    Dks can't chain stun you while you can't do shit and when you can finally do something you're almost dead and it doesn't matter.

Rogues are currently a bad class for pvp, you cant kill anything and you get killed easy, theres currently less than 10 rogues rated over 2200 in 3s (US dont know about EU) and it is for a reason. Nobody plays rogues right now for the same reason nobody does pvp as a tank, because its not viable.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play on a PVE server then. What difference is there between a pvp geared rogue jumping you while you do dailies, and a pvp geared DK ganking you from his flying mount?
    I agree. I used to play on a PvP server.. no specific class really stood out as ganking more than any other. If you are on a PVP server, fighting is just a way of life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    i'm sure i posted in another pvp topic aswell but just as a small recap ppl think Rogues were so bloody op in the past tiers and they deservere to suffer no my friends u are badly mistaken just have a look at blizzcon 2010-2011-2012 Lock+mage with druid/rshaman healer either top1 or top2 so yet again i dont know why ppl say omg rogues deserve to suffer they were top when they clearly were smashed by mages and the rogues never won anything major tournamets they just smashed the bad 1500 players and those went to forums and QQed alot about a class that they dont rly understand
    As I said above, don't expect most people to care about your arena ladders. Most people have been...offended by rogues in wpvp and bgs where it mattered, not in some arena match.

Dks can be fought back, defeated. A rogue with all his cds, which most of the time he would have ready, is impossible to defeat unless he's retarded or something.
    Dks can't run away if the fight turns against them. Rogues will easily run away and then attack you when you have mobs on you, so they have an edge if they saw their 1st attempt failed.
    Dks can't chain stun you while you can't do shit and when you can finally do something you're almost dead and it doesn't matter.
    I get the feeling you'd be much happier on a PVE server and less bitter on a PVE forum.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    DKs can run away from you. Granted Rogue's are way better at it than probably any class (close classes are Druids and Mages).

So basically, what you're telling me is that you're angry that you didn't get the satisfaction of a kill when you started beating the Rogue, then they got away?

Deleted
    I get the feeling you'd be much happier on a PVE server and less bitter on a PVE forum.
    And it's exactly this attitude from rogues that causes non-rogues right now to bask in the rogue tears.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And it's exactly this attitude from rogues that causes non-rogues right now to bask in the rogue tears.
    So when you get killed by other classes in WPVP handily... how is it different than getting killed by a Rogue?

Let me clarify further. I have been locked down by the following classes using their myriad abilities:

Shadow Priest, Warlock, Feral Druid, Warrior, Frost Mage, Hunter...

I am specifically citing how getting killed in a lock down by a Rogue is different than getting killed by a lockdown from one of these other classes?
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2012-11-21 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in PVE they're dropping. I normally LFR on 3 characters throughout the week, one of which is a rogue. I've counted 2 rogues in 9 different 6/6 clears aside from my own. In 5mans, they're almost non existent.

Personally, I'm only playing mine to keep him decently geared in case they decide to revamp the class. Not necessarily "buff"... but definitely revamp. The mechanics are horrible. The class doesn't even feel like it belongs in the game anymore.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

It was a serious suggestion. You seem to have no interest in any form of competitive PVP and being ganked appears to offend you terribly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    most rogs rerolled warriors cause they didnt bother to actually learn their class, just wanted to faceroll on fotm mode ^^
    You're really ignorant, aren't you? If you had actually taken the time to read some of the posts above you, you would know the reasons most rogues stopped playing.

People like you annoy me A LOT.

OT: Well, like I said, most reasons have already been told in the first few comments. The class is just way too outdated with most classes being simply superior.

My first maxed character was a rogue in 4.0.3 where I LOVED playing my rogue simply because of the stuff rogues could pull off with preparation and shadowstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    DKs can run away from you. Granted Rogue's are way better at it than probably any class (close classes are Druids and Mages).

So basically, what you're telling me is that you're angry that you didn't get the satisfaction of a kill when you started beating the Rogue, then they got away?
    Actually, a feral druid with Incarnation has a better chance of getting away than a rogue does. Feral druids also have a vanish with Incarnation up, being able to stealth while in combat. They also have an infinite ways of getting out of roots, have two sprints and a passive 55% movement speed (with feline swiftness that's a whopping 79% in cat form and 200% in travel form!).
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2012-11-21 at 11:12 PM.

it's always funny how ppl who got killed by rogues in 2 seasons thinks rogues where op in all of them, the state they are in now is if a vanilla class was warped into mop, and see how it would do, in 5.1 they where adressing our utility and mobility, they changed sprint only to revert the change and reduce the cd of blind, then they went on as usual and forgot about us, as they do every expansion untill they buff us in the X.2-X.3 pacth.

once druids gets smokebomb they actually given druids every rogue cd, even better and on shorter cd, and faerie fire still hasnt gotten any changes, short cd locks rogues out of their primary element and needs to blow 2 cds to stealth.

Deleted
    Not done any BGs/PVP since MoP. Even before whining came out on forums, i just *felt* weak/neutered (probably due to feeling like all i had was stuff taken away from me, sub crit damage, for example) so I've just stuck to raiding. I may pvp when I get bored but no inclination atm.

Just for ref, i do have >100k honor kills on my rogue and have arena'd to 2300ish rating (2v2 only) so it does feel a bit weird to be so disinclined.