Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This happened during the 2008 election too. There are lots of dumb people in the world. I just try to ignore them.

1 year of a black president = 250 years of darkness - chuck norris
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Of course not... But having loads of money to fund a campaign, and being on the payroll of major corporations really does qualify someone for the job of Republican leader. I honestly don't think the average Republican has much say in who runs for office.
    And as we've seen Bush jr. do, he did cheat with the votes.
    I'm pretty sure both parties are equally guilty of bribery, though.
    You do know that the difference between money spent between the two campaigns was something like ~100 million only right? That's 10% of the total money spent. Yea, the evil romney camp spent a little over a billion, but the godly obama camp spent a little over 900 million as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I don't think anyone is "resorting" to racism. I think it was always there - but the thought of having to deal with someone you don't like (personally, racism) in a position of power over you brings people to their boiling points.
    I think this is an excellent point. It's not like that these are otherwise totally non-racist folks that are struggling to come up with reasons to hate Obama and turn to racism. They're people with racist beliefs that don't like Obama (for whatever reason, including policy disagreements) that have their racist ideas bubble to the surface in a really ugly fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I hope you, and every other person in this thread realizes that the black community (as a whole) is a hell of a LOT more racist than whites. I think anyone would simply be lying their ass off if they can say they never heard a single black person, in their life, talk about how somehow whites "owe" them something because their great, great, great, great (ok well maybe not 4 generations, hell maybe more idfk) grandparents were slaves, grandparents they never knew to begin with.

Also, in a good chunk of black communities every, single, person voted for Obama PURELY because he is black. You would be, again, a fool to think otherwise.

Racism truthfully, is something that will always be around but thinking whites "owe" you something because someone you never knew was a slave is the most ridiculous thing imaginable.
    So instead of providing any sort of factual proof, you relied solely on heavy implications? Show me the numbers to back this up, please. Something outside of a response that is nothing more than you saying an alternate version of "Look around you!" or "Come on!". Something empirical! Go!

Until then though, I'll just label you "a complete moron."

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Obama would have been an very good president for Kenya .
    But for USA obviously he's not fitted.
    Definitely agree with this. When EITHER party (sadly republicans seem to be the only party who realizes this) gets a solid candidate (yea, romney was it in this election) who realizes that running the country is nothing more than running an extremely large business will things change.

Obama never ran a business (hell, not even one that failed) in his life. Hell, I'm fairly certain the guy has never had a job in the private sector, ever to even understand how business works.

I'd like the democrats a hell of a lot more if they realized that you need to have more revenue than expenses. The democrats way is spend more than we make. Obviously we have financial problems with that thought process.

I'd like the democrats a hell of a lot more if, instead of simply saying "raise taxes on the wealthy" (which sadly, I don't think your average democrats realize, Obama is "rich" in terms of being over $250k, just like the evil republicans they hate for being "rich") they realize cuts also need to be made. Cutting spending to the democratic party seems like it's impossible.

Let me ask a generalized question to people who say, own their own house (in the US since I don't know how this works in other countries):

The school district is facing a deficit. They decided they have two options, raise property taxes or cut they football program. What do you agree with?

The school district is facing a deficit. They decided they have two options, raise property taxes or charge kids $100 to participate. What do you agree with?

The local city/county is facing a deficit. They decided they have two options, raise property taxes or cut services. What do you agree with?

The thing is, no-one likes taxes, but it's almost considered a sin to cut services, especially social services.

Oh, and I sincerely hope every single one of you would hope they don't raise taxes in those above examples. .

If you are short $50 on a given week do you tell your boss you need more money or do you not buy/spend something instead? Yea, real-world practices are the exact same thing that happens in business and/or government, just on a much larger scale.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    So instead of providing any sort of factual proof, you relied solely on heavy implications? Show me the numbers to back this up, please. Something outside of a response that is nothing more than you saying an alternate version of "Look around you!" or "Come on!". Something empirical! Go!

Until then though, I'll just label you "a complete moron."
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blacks+voting+f...e+he%27s+black

How big of a sample size do you really want? The point is, you don't see white people (well, maybe YOU do, but especially not on the scale of blacks) making it into articles saying things like "Voting for Obama because: he's black, not voting for Romney because: he's white" literally.

Of course no-one is going to ask voters "Did you vote for X because he's X", that would cause a complete uproar. It's reading articles and then piecing them together in your brain to make educated decisions to things.
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-11-18 at 03:16 PM.

Yea Blacks def shouldn't have voted for Obama....they should've voted for the guy who's policies only appealed to old white guys and who thinks Obama only won because he was handing out gifts to minorities and young people. Why the hell would they vote for Obama when they had such an appealing candidate in Romney? Lot of idiots in this thread

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blacks+voting+f...e+he%27s+black

How big of a sample size do you really want? The point is, you don't see white people (well, maybe YOU do, but especially not on the scale of blacks) making it into articles saying things like "Voting for Obama because: he's black, not voting for Romney because: he's white" literally.

Of course no-one is going to ask voters "Did you vote for X because he's X", that would cause a complete uproar. It's reading articles and then piecing them together in your brain to make educated decisions to things.
    The "point" is that you've still failed to show proof of your claims with any sort of statistical evidence. Instead you just pointed to sources that didn't provide any concrete numbers, were filled with vague speculation, and "fact replacing implications" that were just as stupid as your initial ones. So I'm afraid you're still at "moron status", because you confuse "your own personal theories and confirmation biases" with "facts". That's not how it works. So let's try it again....

Something concrete that proves your theory about the majority of black people. Go.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-11-18 at 03:35 PM.

We know, via Gallup, that there are ~5% of white people that still say they'd never vote for a qualified black man for President (and the number's probably actually higher, there's ample data showing that people lie about things they think make them look bad). What percentage of black people do you think would never vote for a white guy? The last election with two white candidates had 99% of black votes go to one of them (source), so presumably it's less than 5%.

I hope you, and every other person in this thread realizes that the black community (as a whole) is a hell of a LOT more racist than whites. I think anyone would simply be lying their ass off if they can say they never heard a single black person, in their life, talk about how somehow whites "owe" them something because their great, great, great, great (ok well maybe not 4 generations, hell maybe more idfk) grandparents were slaves, grandparents they never knew to begin with.

Also, in a good chunk of black communities every, single, person voted for Obama PURELY because he is black. You would be, again, a fool to think otherwise.

Racism truthfully, is something that will always be around but thinking whites "owe" you something because someone you never knew was a slave is the most ridiculous thing imaginable.
    I've never heard that shit in my life, only seen it on comedy/ new sites. And even on those sites it's far more common for me to see whites bitching about how minorities/ women screwed them out of x.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think this is an excellent point. It's not like that these are otherwise totally non-racist folks that are struggling to come up with reasons to hate Obama and turn to racism. They're people with racist beliefs that don't like Obama (for whatever reason, including policy disagreements) that have their racist ideas bubble to the surface in a really ugly fashion.
    yep, and these would be the same people first to tell you "racism doesnt exist anymore!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Where have you been the past 4 years? All I've ever heard down here in Georgia is the N word when white people talk about Obama. Just to be clear I'm white, from Georgia, and support Obama. But when I talk with most other people about politics, the other person normally talks about how he/she hates "that Communist Muslim N". It basicly boils down to ignorance. They come up with an opinion and then try to find facts to support it. Most people down here in the south don't try to look at all the facts. They just repeat the same crap over and over.
    Oh look, another "everyone in my town is stupid" person. You aren't that unique little guy. Most people I've come across who would use the word nigger, aren't sincere in their use of it. Too many people are ignorant of true racism.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 02:24 PM ----------

So I just read through the examples of racism from the original link...vast majority of them are just stupid kids. They'll adapt and drop the horse shit, or they'll find it hard to fit into society outside of high school.

Deleted
    It's basically the same thing that happened back in 2008, people unhappy about the results making themselves feel better

I voted for romney because he is white = racist
    I voted for obama because he is black = no problem

This is the perception of the racially indoctrinated. Its pointless to argue with them because they have been taught this since birth. Victim mentality since minorities arent capable of being equal without the help of others. What they have to done to these people is sad.

Lets go back to polarizing on a tweet that al and jesse probably put up since business has been slow.

What I don't get is why anybody would give the GoP a second chance after Bush?

I mean... it's like this:

First you contracted a company to improve your home - but instead, the company burnt your house down (GoP)

Then you contract some other company to do rebuild it - but you think they're rebuilding it too slowly (Dem)

So... why the hell would you willingly go back and contract the original company (GoP) who burnt your house down in the first place? >_<

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that African Americans are the main people that bring up race in 2012 could just be me but that's how it seems. I know tons of caucasians that voted for Obama I don't know a single African American that voted for Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    It seems to me that African Americans are the main people that bring up race in 2012 could just be me but that's how it seems. I know tons of caucasians that voted for Obama I don't know a single African American that voted for Romney.
    The only African American friend I have voted for Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    So lets all jump to ridiculous and extremely ignorant conclusions such as black people are all racist? Or lets look at the policies and the mentality displayed by the Republicans, which this thread provides a great example of. Are you sure that's not the reason they voted for Obama? Cause he's not the one who says things like 'Black people are racist for voting Democrat' or 'Black people have a false sense of entitlement'. He actually understands the problems they face in every day life, having experienced them to a certain degree.

Also, while everyone else might be too cynical to believe in 'hope' and 'change', stop for a second and think of what it means for minorities to have a president who isn't part of the social majority. I mean I sure as hell would be disenfranchised with the political process and social mobility if I had to tell any children I might have 'You can be anything you want, well except president I guess, oh and business might be kind of tough, yeah actually just stick to sports and showbizz'. Not to mention the fact that the voter trends aren't significantly different from the past, prior to Obama running. Black people already largely voted democrat, there's really just no evidence that points to a sudden, calculated surge in black people voting for democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racist hicks will be racist hicks. Mock them, laugh at them, ignore them; you're just giving them attention. Hypothetically, these people would probably be saying the same thing if Herman Cain had been president. Not to mention how recreational the N word has become thanks to "witty" people and anonymous internet identities.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    What I don't get is why anybody would give the GoP a second chance after Bush?
    Why did anybody give Democrats another chance after Jackson, Buchanan, either of the Johnsons, Truman, Carter, etc. ?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are racist, it is disgusting, but true. TBH, it swings both ways, it just wasn't covered nearly as much by the media. There was also a large trend on twitter with people exclaiming things along the lines of 'Obama won F*** white people!"

http://twitchy.com/2012/11/07/with-f...people-trends/

The majority of the restaurant my boyfriend works at also voted for Obama because he is black. Again, a form of racism, but not covered. Hopefully one day the human race can evolve to a point where a person's skin color, sexual orientation and religion do not matter.