Poll: Wow's best bad guy overall

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I voted for Sargeras. If you think about it, almost every bad thing that has happened story wise can be linked to him somehow. I can't wait til Blizz starts focusing on him more. I hope they do it soon.
    They've did a great job of keeping him on the back burner, so there's lots to develop in the final expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Though The Lich King is awesome, his origin can be related back to the burning legion and thus Sargeras. So I'm forced to give my vote to Sargeras (though greatly in favor of LK).

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King indeed is the best...Kael'thas is close second in my personal opinion but the only flaw is that there wasn't enough development of how he transformed from an anti hero misguided leader of the blood elves to a true villain and minion of the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I am saying the lich king too.

As far as all over bad guys in the story, Arthas had the best development, he truely became an intimidating force in wrath, and in general he was done perfectly and had the best send off.

Yeah, I hve to agree. His pre LK story was there. He showed up in a lot of areas to taunt you to tell you that you will serve him when you are powerful enough ( heck he comes close only for terion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the lot, Kil'jaeden.

Illidan for sure...all of your Lich King lovers were not prepared!

Last edited by Raidboss; 2012-11-17 at 08:17 PM.

I really like the whole KJ & The burning legion story.

So KJ for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    Lich King! Ner'zhul!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lich King, hands down

He had such badass looking armor, and the story of Arthas was one of the most incredible of Warcraft
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas!!! This poll is merely a setback.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan shouldn't be on the list, since its about wow and not warcraft in whole. But I'd stick to Illidan and Ragnaros, but are set as villains but more or less just following their nature. If a certain other nelf had not been such an ass to illidan he wouldn't be in his situation
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Lich King ran like a coward almost every time we encountered him pre-icecrown. My vote goes for Illidan. BT was such an amazing raid, and having to fight both his top lieutenants pre-Illidan/BT in TK and SSC was nice build up. My second and third would be Gul'dan and Sha.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    How can people actually think that Lich King is stronger than Sargeras? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Sargeras that made Lich King? I mean, he granted Nar'zhul the power? If so, Sargeras would be 10 times stronger at least!

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nefarian from Vanilia.
    Let the Games begin
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

My vote's for Illidan. Remember getting to Council fight and typing in /target Illidan, and getting chills when his nameplate popped up.

I reckon since I played WC3 a lot, and was familiar with the lore, that was a big factor in liking Illidan best. His presentation in WoW was pretty poor in how underexposed he was, but I'd take that over Lich King's "I'll get you next time, Gadget" approach.

Illidan was an excellent character, but a terrible villain, I hated him as a villain. Arthas made a much better villain, and was much more present and intimidating.

I cant take any of them seriously, just cant.

The Lich King was certainly the most interesting villain in WoW, at least in my opinion.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kel'thuzad.

For starters he looks bad ass. I always thought Liches in WoW were very original in their appearance.

The guy was a member of The Six so was an already accomplished mage before his corruption into a Necromancer. He was also really chill, confident and almost omniscient when you play through WC3 or read the Arthas book to the point where he almost willingly dies knowing that he will be resurrected in the future.

To add to his bad ass factor it took and consumed the energy of the freaking Sunwell to resurrect him into an even more awesome Lich.

I also found his unwavering faith and loyalty to Arthas something that was so Human about him tbh and was an interesting trait for a person who had comitted such heinous actions against his own people. He was always ready to protect his leader and was almost like some sort of father figure for Arthas to an extent as he was always giving him the information and assurance he needed and the aid when in trouble.

I'm hoping his return will be interesting (We never found or destroyed his Phylactery).

Lich King was most iconic, and despite the fact that he had 10,000 chances to kill us while questing and didn't, I thought he was the best bad guy (I like Illidan better but I don't really consider him a 'bad guy'). They could have made Deathwing a lot more interesting and cunning in WoW but he was just a typical bad guy in the shape of a dragon IMO. KJ is pretty badass too, would get my second place vote.